The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah I’d think it’ll be Raith.

I see Ayr’s MD has confirmed the ‘home end’ will be allocated to Celtic fans for the upcoming friendly with the potential for Ayr to make £50k.

Being honest I’d hate Falkirk to do that vs one of the Bigots (I don’t think our current board would) but at least he’s being transparent with his own fans and telling them the money is more important than they are.

Don’t think it’s as simple as putting money before fans. Obviously in an ideal world, the whole stadium would be filled with home fans.

However, for me it would be absolutely crazy for any Scottish team to turn down a free £50k (which could fund an extra player) to have an empty stand at a friendly match out of principle.

15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Don’t think it’s as simple as putting money before fans. Obviously in an ideal world, the whole stadium would be filled with home fans.

However, for me it would be absolutely crazy for any Scottish team to turn down a free £50k (which could fund an extra player) to have an empty stand at a friendly match out of principle.

There commercial team are taking advantage of having Brown as their manager and raising a lot of cash. Fair play as that’s their job.

I praised their MD’s transparency however I would not be happy if Falkirk  emptied us out the South Stand to fill it with horrible bigots - I also don’t think our board would.

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I see Ayr’s MD has confirmed the ‘home end’ will be allocated to Celtic fans for the upcoming friendly with the potential for Ayr to make £50k.

Being honest I’d hate Falkirk to do that vs one of the Bigots (I don’t think our current board would) but at least he’s being transparent with his own fans and telling them the money is more important than they are.

Not quite, a small part of the home end is going to Celtic so they will now be behind both goals instead of just the Railway End - the bit you go to. 

The largest parts of our home end, - the main stand, the north terrace and the new stand will still just be for home fans.  

The away end is already sold out and they think giving up this bit is worth a player's wage for the season.  

Bit of a divide over it but everyone in agreement that it cannot happen for a competitive game.  

10 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

The comment you are replying to is about this season in the championship. For last season in league one it's been confirmed by our director that we had the third biggest budget with Cove and Hamilton having rich owners putting far more money in. 

I see this mentioned a lot on here, and I'm amazed that Falkirk fans seem to nod along to it. 

I'd be surprised if Hamilton's budget was bigger than Falkirk's last term, (although nothing is impossible with Accies) but there's no chance Cove Rangers budget was larger. I can only presume the director is wrong, or a complete slaver. 

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I see this mentioned a lot on here, and I'm amazed that Falkirk fans seem to nod along to it. 

I'd be surprised if Hamilton's budget was bigger than Falkirk's last term, (although nothing is impossible with Accies) but there's no chance Cove Rangers budget was larger. I can only presume the director is wrong, or a complete slaver. 

How do you know that there was 'no chance' that Cove's budget was bigger than ours?

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I know that Accies were spending quite heavily in their last season in the Championship. It wouldn't surprise me if that continued on into the following season. 

22 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Every club in Scotland is searching for the next pound. In context it’s a pre season friendly with the chance to make £50K. How many Ayr fans would be getting moved ? or maybe more importantly how many would actually attend ? Don’t think it’s easy to compare us. They would get away stand 1900 tickets, probably enough to satisfy the demand for a pre-season friendly. If it was a cup or league, don’t think we’d give them an additional stand (or part of) as believe our home supporters would be in big numbers. Like said 50K brings in a very decent player at this level. 

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

How do you know that there was 'no chance' that Cove's budget was bigger than ours?

Because players like Luke Connell, Will Gillingham and Aaron Darge would be on less money than the players in your squad. 

3 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Because players like Luke Connell, Will Gillingham and Aaron Darge would be on less money than the players in your squad. 

And players like Megginson, Fyvie, McGowan, Reynolds and Vigurs will have been on more than players in our squad.

There's also the fact Hartley did his usual of signing a bunch load of players who weren't good enough so they will have had to pay some of them off which eats into budget.

21 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

You're right mate, you definitely know more than word straight from directors.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

And players like Megginson, Fyvie, McGowan, Reynolds and Vigurs will have been on more than players in our squad.

There's also the fact Hartley did his usual of signing a bunch load of players who weren't good enough so they will have had to pay some of them off which eats into budget.

You could be right, but I'm still struggling to believe that Cove, a club which isn't completely full time, has a higher player budget than Falkirk, which averages just under 5000 fans per home game, and on top of that, is budgeted to lose £400,000 a season, presumably due to an overly high player budget. 

Maybe Tyler Mykata and Luke Strachan are on more wages than I'd considered. 

Posted (edited)

Cove have wealthy backers and did have a big budget last year. Fortunately agent Hartley spunked the whole lot up the wall on utter dross, not that anyone was stopping the #invincibles 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

You could be right, but I'm still struggling to believe that Cove, a club which isn't completely full time, has a higher player budget than Falkirk, which averages just under 5000 fans per home game, and on top of that, is budgeted to lose £400,000 a season, presumably due to an overly high player budget. 

Maybe Tyler Mykata and Luke Strachan are on more wages than I'd considered. 

I doubt the likes of burrell was enticed up to the arse end of beyond to play in front of two men and a dug in a shitehole of a ground  having been offered peanuts.  Fyvie could be playing top of the championship still so he's certainly on a very decent wage along with the likes of Reynolds, megginson McGowan etc. Spending silly money on poor players is the Hartley way.

29 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I know that Accies were spending quite heavily in their last season in the Championship. It wouldn't surprise me if that continued on into the following season. 

They raised a big whack of cash selling off academy players last summer .

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye, Ayr love the 'tic, had them in the artwork for their new stand.

Ayr United to begin construction work on new North Stand - Daily Record

21 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

That's probably true, but, like me, I assume that you have no idea of the inner workings of Cove's finances, so there's no chance that you can claim that there was 'no chance' that their budget was lower than ours.