The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Doubtful.

Maybe my expectations were higher and I'm being harsh but at the moment I'm still to be won over by him.

I have a feeling he'll prove his worth over the course of the season. He isn't here to make an immediate impact, we'll need a guy who can scrap for results.

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Doubtful.

Maybe my expectations were higher and I'm being harsh but at the moment I'm still to be won over by him.

Thought McKenna looked entirely comfortable in the short spell he got; looked strong running with the ball, (which is a bonus as am a little worried Tait & Spencer combo might be a bit lightweight in a midfield battle) and he picked out a few decent passes; but conversely not sure where his most effective position will be. He's maybe more Hendo than Nesbitt in the midfield? 

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Wondered why he wasn't in instead of Oliver. Is it fitness? I don't think Oliver had the best game today although didn't do anything hugely wrong. 

Hard to do anything wrong if you don’t do anything 

First time seeing Adams live and he was superb, wasn't he? Couple of shots in the first half. Driving forward from RB. Tidy on the ball, won a fair few headers. Looked a tad less comfortable at RCB but proved he's handy enough as back-up in that position. 

Morrison getting in some great positions and should've had a hat-trick. Hopefully scores those chances in the league. 

Tait a handful, looks a real leader on park. 

Two goals and should've been more for McIver. No issues in that department. 

A goal for either Shanley or Agyeman would've topped it off. Or one of the lads grabbing a hat-trick.

What a brilliant place to be, to be complaining about these finer details. 

I'll add a compliment about Mackie's conduct after the game. 

Every time he moved to head back up the tunnel a swarm of parents and kids would approach him. 

He took a photo and signed the shirt/notebook of every single person who asked. 

Gentleman.

4 minutes ago, AirForceWan said:

I'll add a compliment about Mackie's conduct after the game. 

Every time he moved to head back up the tunnel a swarm of parents and kids would approach him. 

Gentleman.

I actually thought he had a good game on the pitch as well

11 minutes ago, AirForceWan said:

Gentleman

Total respect for Mackie - after the warming up his arse for 3/4 of last season, didn’t refuse any of the kids at any of the games, when running the tracks. Maybe had his best game in the NB today.

Edited by Springfield

2 hours ago, AndrewFFC said:

Have you ever made a post where you didn't mention that you don't think Shanley is good enough for the championship?

Classic Pedro, starts it with some obvious positivity then ends it with the stab in the back!

2 hours ago, HonestAl said:

Yeah, Adams from Cumbernauld Colts in the 5th tier. By no means a youngster at 22.

He’s made such an immediate impact, you’d wonder if there may be more such players with potential in these lower divisions. I remember being impressed with Walker (left back at Kelty, now playing in League of Ireland) last season. He was signed from Caledonian Braves, so I’d reckon this may be a good scouting zone.

You should bring it up at the next AGM!

ps: apologies, could resist it.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye Craig g telfer telling us how good their defence was on Falkirk daft . They could've shipped 8 or 9 the day. Every cross into the box they are all over the shop 

They were a disaster with a high ball in, all over the place.

15 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

Classic Pedro, starts it with some obvious positivity then ends it with the stab in the back!

Not sure what you expect on a football forum tbh. I give my balanced view of the overwhelming positives and very few negatives in our performances and results at the moment.

Sorry if that upsets you.

Gary Oliver is a very clever footballer at this level as a 10..not a finisher in general but great at linking & knowing how to lay it off..to me a new contract was a no brainer...Shanley on the other hand I'm not seeing it but mcglynn is the best player spotter we've had in a long while so whatever he sees there must be something to build on... didn't go today but I do have a season ticket...or season card as they seem to be calling it in West Fife... very strange 

29 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

You should bring it up at the next AGM!

ps: apologies, could resist it.

It's true though... again hats off to mcglynn...there are players at that level that can step up...9s seem to be a bigger step up & not many work out but Adams seems to be a find... again not seen him play yet 

Our strength going into this season appears to be creating chances. The one minor concern I have going into the Championship is our conversation rate. Which I admit sounds strange after a 4-0 win but we could have had so many more against Stenny and Buckie and it cost us down at Ayr.

However it’s early days and teams are still brushing the rust off so overall it’s a really positive start for me…..

Edited by roman_bairn

20 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not sure what you expect on a football forum tbh. I give my balanced view of the overwhelming positives and very few negatives in our performances and results at the moment.

Sorry if that upsets you.

Oh it doesn’t upset me.

We’ve just completed a league undefeated, won through the first stages of a cup (league) with two teams in a higher division we have came from, with two of those ploughed with money.

My first thoughts are not how I can diminish that on a football forum like you do.

It is obvious you are not happy, despite trying to temper that recently with some positive points, you have shown your colours.

Me, I’m loving how we are battering teams, I really don’t care if one player is slightly behind the others enough to make that point on here or if Shanley ‘should’ have scored a hat trick. We won 4 nil, and he got himself into the position to make those shots on target.

Sorry if that upsets you!

6 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

All these exhortations to pay extra and contribute to the manager's fund. If no new players appear, folk might be a bit peeved. 

Jamie covers this on the podcast too including how much was raised etc.