The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Baggio said:

I was starting to think I was the only one that noticed the less savoury aspects of the Ultras last night. The prolonged periods of hissing was a particular low.  Someone needs to have a word before next week. No need for it. 

Agreed. Don’t think a big deal is needed but would be worth Jamie having a quite word before next week about wrapping these chants.

Well that’s Celtic won the League. 

hearts look a much better side than they were. We’ll find it a difficult game. 

On a second viewing it was a wonderful result yesterday. MacIver was immense as was McKay. Others as good. I’d still play Mesbitt despite Oliver’s efforts yesterday. Queens were better than I expected too - they’ll be upper half of the league I imagine. 

Still invincible though. 

15 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Queens were better than I expected too - they’ll be upper half of the league I imagine. 

Really? I thought they were pretty shite. 

Some terrible performances with the donkey centre half, the wingback Scott and Rudden up front all especially stinking.

Callum Davidson is a really boring manager too. Can't remember any of his sides being good to watch.

18 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Just watched the Airdrie game. Don’t see much to worry us there at the moment. Levels of fitness miles behind us for both teams. Quite a few injuries during the game as well. 

I watched it too. Wasn't entertaining but you have to imagine both teams will come up to speed. 

6 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

On last night Hogarth was confident and solid never stood a chance for their goal. The stand out for me was Mackie always felt he had a mistake in him at LB last season when he came in for McCann but never put a foot wrong last night. MacIver was outstanding.  Looked as if Coll was struggling before coming off but is a bit behind the curve with his fitness I dare say, still think there is more to come out this team.

We laid off the pressing play too much towards the end of the game and allowed QP to come into it a bit too much but we got it over the line which is the main thing. Definitely missed Nesbitts presence but cant fault Oliver. Referee was sh*te and was almost like anytime we won possession through a challenge the decision went to QP.

Massive credit to the Ultras when you consider how quiet TFS used to be on a matchday, they've gave it an atmosphere which was like last season all over again.

By the looks less than 200 tickets left for next Saturday at EEP

Pars have only released 2k so far. Will go on sale a couple of rows at a time from M downwards once the rest are sold out 

Falkirk FC Weekly Crowdwank Update: Bigger crowd than opening match of Premiership at Motherwell (4353) and the highest in the Championship by a considerable margin - Partick second with 4148.

#MassiveFC #NavyBluePound

Edited by 18BAIRN76

19 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Falkirk FC Weekly Crowdwank Update: Bigger crowd than opening match of Premiership at Motherwell (4353) and the highest in the Championship by a considerable margin - Partick second with 4148.

#MassiveFC #NavyBluePound

The crowd at Livingston v pars was quoted at 900 odd, surely that can't be right?

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The crowd at Livingston v pars was quoted at 900 odd, surely that can't be right?

Yeah I saw that, had a quick look at the Pars match report and it was listed as 1900, so BBC obviously missed a 1.

When we got promoted did we hand out 3 Batons for banter years as it seems like ICT, Accies and Dunfermline have all turned into complete basketcases of clubs

A good result and performance to start the season. I thought we were really composed and confident in every position.

Queens park obviously better than most of the teams we played last season, fitter and better organised but really offered nothing going forward thanks to our organisation and defensive effort, if not for a screamer they would never have really been in the game.

We were a bit lucky with taits lunge that he didn't catch the boy and end up getting sent off which would have made things more difficult.

We also sat a bit deep second half and invited a lot of pressure and although we handled it very well to be fair, we do need to practice hitting on the counter though as I didn't think we looked as threatening after making those adjustments.

Overall plenty of players showing early signs that they are as ready for the championship as most of us thought. 

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Pars have only released 2k so far. Will go on sale a couple of rows at a time from M downwards once the rest are sold out 

More seats now released 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Yeah I saw that, had a quick look at the Pars match report and it was listed as 1900, so BBC obviously missed a 1.

1st game if the season & 10 miles away. Do they still think there are tolls on the bridge?

9E045530-5FFB-4D83-8070-A4975A234EBF.jpeg

49 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

More seats now released 

Another 400 odd

Not just opening the whole stand from the start is very tinpot

Must be shiteing the thought of a pitch invasion after MacIver knocks home the 5th on Saturday 

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

A good result and performance to start the season. I thought we were really composed and confident in every position.

Queens park obviously better than most of the teams we played last season, fitter and better organised but really offered nothing going forward thanks to our organisation and defensive effort, if not for a screamer they would never have really been in the game.

We were a bit lucky with taits lunge that he didn't catch the boy and end up getting sent off which would have made things more difficult.

We also sat a bit deep second half and invited a lot of pressure and although we handled it very well to be fair, we do need to practice hitting on the counter though as I didn't think we looked as threatening after making those adjustments.

Overall plenty of players showing early signs that they are as ready for the championship as most of us thought. 

The High Press and the Counter attack are sorted in team. Do we need some more physicality in the middle of the park. Or are we ok with Henderson, Yates in the squad for when that is required when we play the likes of Partick. 

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The High Press and the Counter attack are sorted in team. Do we need some more physicality in the middle of the park. Or are we ok with Henderson, Yates in the squad for when that is required when we play the likes of Partick. 

I don't think we are getting any more players in so have to run with the squad we have and most likely that means Tait and Spencer in the middle as Lang seems like he might be out for any amount of time at this point.

I think in games where we need to be more solid in the middle yeats in for Tait might be the swap as he's definitely better at that side of the game.