The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I live near Edinburgh - the ticket website is not working for me because I have an EH postcode. I sort of understand it's to stop Edinburgh Hearts fans buying home stand seats but a mild inconvenience. I can't be the only one.

I was in the shop today getting the retro zipper and the guy in front of me was from Bo’ness. He couldn’t get tickets online due to an EH postcode and had to attend the shop for them.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

32 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I was in the shop today getting the retro zipper and the guy in front of me was from Bo’ness. He couldn’t get tickets online due to an EH postcode and had to attend the shop for them.

Given it’s season tickets online until Thursday prior to public sale that info deems out of sync 

9 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Given it’s season tickets online until Thursday prior to public sale that info deems out of sync 

He was a season ticket holder cos I heard him talking to the girl about it and she was trying to explain why he couldn’t buy them with the EH postcode, but I couldn’t hear the reason. 

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

He was a season ticket holder cos I heard him talking to the girl about it and she was trying to explain why he couldn’t buy them with the EH postcode, but I couldn’t hear the reason. 

The reason is because they can only blanket ban postcodes (EH) and not specific ones (EH1 ).

So, unfortunately if you have an Edinburgh postcode but are a Falkirk fan it will need to be done in-person. It is with the ticket provider developers I had overheard but unlikely to be resolved soon.

21 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT TOMORROW!

🆕🎙️EP:91 “I LIKE A DRY PIE”

🔵 Review Flag Day & the win over Queens Park with FTVs man behind the camera, Drew Barton 🎥
⚪️ @BTWFalkirk Invincible’s Lager 🍺
🔵 Preview Dunfermline Ath (A) with @bigfootballscot host @stevenmill 🏁

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_1092.thumb.jpeg.4a4a252b15c4468405d1c83d2613b936.jpeg

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:91 “I LIKE A DRY PIE”

🔵 Review Flag Day & the win over Queens Park with FTVs man behind the camera, Drew Barton 🎥
⚪️ @BTWFalkirk Invincible’s Lager🍺
🔵 Preview Dunfermline with @bigfootballscot host @stevenmill 🏁 &
⚪️ Latest FFC news 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_1092.thumb.jpeg.6d0d94058884eb8ff11a57ef4549753d.jpeg

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Agreed. I prefer McCann if I'm honest as I think he links better with Miller, but Mackie's had a good start to the season so deserves the jersey at the moment.

I prefer McCann also but agree with the above, I do think McCann is better going forward with his delivery and runs but overall when Mackie is playing well, there is not much to choose between them. I would say that McCann usually digs out a steady 7 or more in most games, the reason Mackie lost his place is he didn't but currently its his jersey to lose

Just watched these SPFL highlights on Youtube whereas before I had watched the full game and only seen the highlights on Falkirk TV. What a difference it makes seeing the main stand full of fans and the two stands at each end on my computer screen instead of having to look over at Grangemouth! No offence @Harry Kinnear @Grangemouth Bairn and @StuartA but you know what I mean. 

I am not in the slightest bit technical but I believe that Falkirk TV have to be in the main stand instead of over on the "empty" side because of internet issues or suchlike but I really wish that they get these issues resolved. Don't get me wrong, as an ex-pat I love having the option of Falkirk TV on matchdays, from the main stand or not, just being a bit selfish I suppose.

Queens Park have also done their highlights from the East side and agree it looks about 800 times better.

I know they've just clipped the BBC footage so there are more angles and better crowd noise than usual, but it would still really improve the FTV product.

I don't believe there is internet or power on that side (hence the BCC feed going down when a generator packed in) and we'd need our own scaffolding platform but these are issues that could be easily resolved 

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

Out-of-interest, was the multi-camera setup implemented on the live stream on Friday @Bairn in Exile?

Our highlights appear to suggest it wasn't but that could just be a lack of time between editing and publishing.

No, no multi-cameras, I'm afraid.

I’m not an expert on the technical side of FFC TV, but there is nothing on the far side. No internet, power or shelter.

The power supply may not be an issue because the guys have a large portable battery, roughly similar in size to a car one, which they use at away games.

Shelter would be an issue though. Would you want to stand out on a piece of open ground during a hailstorm in January just so viewers can have a better background to the football? It would also be filmed from ground level rather than halfway up a stand so the camera angle would be poorer. Not unless someone wanted to build them a scaffold tower and hut similar to what the TV companies have.

The biggest issue would probably be internet. They’d be reliant on a dongle which isn’t guaranteed to work, rather than having cabled broadband. 

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I’m not an expert on the technical side of FFC TV, but there is nothing on the far side. No internet, power or shelter.

The power supply may not be an issue because the guys have a large portable battery, roughly similar in size to a car one, which they use at away games.

Shelter would be an issue though. Would you want to stand out on a piece of open ground during a hailstorm in January just so viewers can have a better background to the football? It would also be filmed from ground level rather than halfway up a stand so the camera angle would be poorer. Not unless someone wanted to build them a scaffold tower and hut similar to what the TV companies have.

The biggest issue would probably be internet. They’d be reliant on a dongle which isn’t guaranteed to work, rather than having cabled broadband. 

Haldane Construction? Or would it be too basic for them?

15 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Haldane Construction? Or would it be too basic for them?

I've no idea. I do know that FFCTV have been upgrading some of their kit over the summer and continually invest whatever budget the club give them into getting better. 

ATM moving over to the far side of the stadium probably isn't on their radar. I think before they considered it they would need to solve the internet issue. TV companies run cables to their vans parked outside which are linked to satellites but that sort of resource is far beyond FFC. I've no idea how feasible it would be to run cables all the way from the main stand but I doubt it's as easily solved as people think. 

Sounds right up Haldane's street and a prime sponsorship opportunity for them tbh, Kelty have done something similar 

Obviously you'd make it covered/ enclosed as well 

Screenshot2024-08-06at11_36_26.thumb.png.62794b76ad0f161223eb69d6de797e49.png

Screenshot2024-08-06at11_41_16.png.6e7b5a526c0885d1320ff6f587ce3a03.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876