The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

We're at one of those nothing else to put to rights stages again, aren't we? 

f**king hilarious.

You don't stop looking for improvements and striving for better just because everything appears to be rosy.

You can innovate to keep ahead and avoid resting on your laurels - as we've seen with other developments. It doesn't need to be viewed as criticism.

16 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

You don't stop looking for improvements and striving for better just because everything appears to be rosy.

You can innovate to keep ahead and avoid resting on your laurels - as we've seen with other developments. It doesn't need to be viewed as criticism.

Aside from the connection issues (already covered) can anyone remember a recent game where the TV cameras couldn't cope with the rain hitting the camera lense? You'd need a purpose-built, enclosed gantry with all the H&S and planning approval that comes with it. Easily a six-figure project. All this so a few FTV subscribers* can get precisely the view they want. No thanks.

*Speaking as a Falkirk TV subscriber.

When FTV were at Kelty the season before last the weather was horrific and their scaffolding had no cover. The rain pelted the camera lens for 90 mins and required wiping every 2 mins. Their scaffolding is also really awkward as both sides are covered, meaning the view is restricted at either end of the pitch.

52 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Aside from the connection issues (already covered) can anyone remember a recent game where the TV cameras couldn't cope with the rain hitting the camera lense? You'd need a purpose-built, enclosed gantry with all the H&S and planning approval that comes with it. Easily a six-figure project. All this so a few FTV subscribers* can get precisely the view they want. No thanks.

*Speaking as a Falkirk TV subscriber.

Hearts in Scottish cup when it chucked down with rain the BBC pic was rotten and FTV was rain free….imo the only time you’ll get an East camera position will be if and when the 4th side is ever built

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

We're at one of those nothing else to put to rights stages again, aren't we? 

f**king hilarious.

Have you ever tried to drink a hot chocolate sold in our stadium?

f**king disgraceful. Sack the board. Powdery pish. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Have you ever tried to drink a hot chocolate sold in our stadium?

f**king disgraceful. Sack the board. Powdery pish. 

Footpaths! Feckin Footpaths. Sackable offence. The last board did not have that problem

4 minutes ago, brokeville said:

It’s funny when the teams doing well the folk on here are complaining about everything else. FTV, footpaths, tickets, pies, hot chocolate what next? Please don’t answer that. 

Think they ran out of Stella in the Brockville Bar on Friday night, someone needs sacked.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think they ran out of Stella in the Brockville Bar on Friday night, someone needs sacked.

I'd like to counter that, whoever decided to have Stella as the draught pint option needs the bin.

18 minutes ago, brokeville said:

It’s funny when the teams doing well the folk on here are complaining about everything else. FTV, footpaths, tickets, pies, hot chocolate what next? Please don’t answer that. 

See people moaning about people moaning?

That really grinds my gears! 😡

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

See people moaning about people moaning?

That really grinds my gears! 😡

image.png.ffe0bef651be208e4e3bcaa5691e9b39.png

This must be the first season in a long time where it's not us that's a basket case of a club and its been too quiet. 2 songs to be added to the play list Bjork "its oh so quiet" and Green Day "Basket case" ..lol

8 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Queens Park have also done their highlights from the East side and agree it looks about 800 times better.

I know they've just clipped the BBC footage so there are more angles and better crowd noise than usual, but it would still really improve the FTV product.

I don't believe there is internet or power on that side (hence the BCC feed going down when a generator packed in) and we'd need our own scaffolding platform but these are issues that could be easily resolved 

I hope the club don’t even think about going there. The minute there is rain the picture is ruined. Add that to sunshine in late spring. Of course the aesthetics will look better but there are far more downsides to moving from where they currently film. Trust me they club have looked at it more than once.