The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Just had a wee look at tickets; would appear less than 200 tickets remaining in the away end for Saturday (my very quick rough count was about 170 odd).

Front 3 rows havent gone on sale yet which is another 450.

Reckon we'll get one more row which would be 2,700 total. Doubt we'll get any more tickets than that in case of a naughty pitch invasion. Maybe a section in the main stand though 

14 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Do the council maintain parts of the main stand? Never seen it or any reference that they were doing it. Knowing the council they would not be shy about telling people. But anyway! was an observation - no more of what is coming year on year as the FFC post makes clear the stadium is getting older. The generation of fans and custodians of the club in 20 - 30 years time are going to be faced with building new stands using council land. That will be in the future long term strategic thinking for the board. This season rightly is the priority.

please give it a rest, a few months ago you said you'd stop but here we go again. anybody who visits the stadium will see what the council have done with their new offices and if i remember correctly they paid for the waterproofing in the main stand last season, all without fanfare. so please just f'ing stop its painful and boring.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not so long ago the Bairnabeu was usually described as being a bleak soulless atmosphere vacuum.

Not now!

You are 100% spot on, even though I had my ST, if the weather was cold it was a toss up whether I went or not. Now I love the place and it’s all down to the Ultras, they have changed the dynamic of TFS. Friday night was superb, no club will get it easy coming to us now with the support we have. As John says we are all in it together.  

On 07/08/2024 at 11:19, RC55 FFC said:

The refinery isn’t stopping a 4th stand being built (and never has been an issue, it was the building of a chemicals training centre within a stand 20 years ago). The small issue is funding a multi million pound structure that does more than seat 2500-3000 people 18 times a season. 

Maybe you could give up some of your 12-15 visits to hospitality per season to fund it? 😜

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not so long ago the Bairnabeu was usually described as being a bleak soulless atmosphere vacuum.

Not now!

Full credit to the Ultras 1876 for the impact they’ve had. Great effort. 

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Sorry if late to the party but Alston to Stenny - a shame. His best (and possibly worst) spells of his career were with us 

Thought he could have gotten a better move than that.

23 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Sorry if late to the party but Alston to Stenny - a shame. His best (and possibly worst) spells of his career were with us 

I thought he looked excellent for Thistle in the play offs last season, surprised the Pars never took a punt on him given his family all support the manky mob.

Parents moved house and brought their wee bit of Brockville terracing with them. It's been made into a mini bench with some recent landscaping.

Is it possible to apply for listed status for a concrete seat?

FB_IMG_1723134112882.jpg

what would be everybody's view if a Falkirk supporter threatened the club with legal action, how would they feel about it?

i''m not talking about a serious issue and they definitely wouldn't be out of pocket or been hurt, like in a fall or that sort of thing. 

i'd be interested to hear what people think

Just now, AJ1981 said:

what would be everybody's view if a Falkirk supporter threatened the club with legal action, how would they feel about it?

i''m not talking about a serious issue and they definitely wouldn't be out of pocket or been hurt, like in a fall or that sort of thing. 

I think without context it's a question that can't be reasonably answered.

3 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Absolutely no way of answering this without context. 

9 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

This is not something I can answer without context.