The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Coll Donaldson is the Captain and rarely puts a foot wrong. Hendo has been arguably better than Coll all season, and also won't get into midfield from the start barring injuries. 

There's no way Graham is a starter unless someone gets injured or suspended until either either of the centre half's form drops. 

This for me.

We've only conceded two goals from open play in the league and one of them was a wonder strike. 

No need to go upsetting what has been a very solid partnership so far 

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

It's misguided to say that Falkirk FC should just fund the women's team whilst still running a ~400K loss. 

Those costs haven't gone away and assuming that the commercial team can just drum up sales in addition to the funding of the men's team is for the birds. They've already outperformed for a number of seasons and yet we're still not financially sound but diverting whatever it costs is still a cost to bear that the club can I'll afford.

I understand this isn't just about kit but transport etc but where is the line drawn? Should FFC provide buses for the foundation youngsters instead of parents ferrying them to games as they are representing the club after all 🤷‍♂️

Nonsense with regards to your “ for the birds “ comment.

Gaining sponsorship for a women’s team fully integrated into the football club would not be a case of diluting the core commercial effort rather it would be providing the commercial team with a fresh new product to sell.

The return in visibility and goodwill for potential sponsors against modest outlay would be an attractive offering and could even be given as a project to the more junior members of the commercial team as a way of gaining experience of owning the sale from initial research to onboarding the sponsor.

Writing this as someone who has the thick end of thirty years in National Sales Manager roles and who knows that the key to success is having a good product or service to sell and a talented, enthusiastic team to sell it.

Falkirk FC have both.

7 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Just adding the depth to our championship winning side. 

I get the depth thing and if you go back couple of months most of us including me were saying CH is priority. But that wasn't accounting for Hendo being as good as he's been, Keelan Adams being find of the century and also Lang being due back when there were discussions about whether he'd ever play football again. 

Those things plus Shanleys efforts v Stenny and off the bench mean the needle has defo shifted for me to a need to cover Maciver. 

That said, like you say, depth is never a bad thing and additional quality is never a bad thing either. At worst this should mean another area of the pitch much like the wings where 1 injury to a first 11 player should result in no perceptible drop in quality. 

16 hours ago, Dade said:

Pretty sure the Foundation would be happy for the club to run the women’s team but not entirely sure if it’s something the club would want to do at the moment as would take up money and resources.

Pretty sure the club are already on this amongst other things! It could well happen in the near future, we are not talking a lot of money and the foundation have stated on record football is not the priority but for the football club football is and should always be the number one priority! That’s why we pile our money into the thing! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

17 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Looks like we'll be suffering VAR on Sunday then. No surprise to see the arsecheeks insisting on using it  

img_1_1726833944265.thumb.jpg.bdd6ccb982264977f2456458f6d0ae62.jpg

Pretty sure if it’s at a ground with VAR and live on TV there’s no choice, it has to be used. Only if not on TV they can opt out. 

22 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Nonsense with regards to your “ for the birds “ comment.

Gaining sponsorship for a women’s team fully integrated into the football club would not be a case of diluting the core commercial effort rather it would be providing the commercial team with a fresh new product to sell.

The return in visibility and goodwill for potential sponsors against modest outlay would be an attractive offering and could even be given as a project to the more junior members of the commercial team as a way of gaining experience of owning the sale from initial research to onboarding the sponsor.

Writing this as someone who has the thick end of thirty years in National Sales Manager roles and who knows that the key to success is having a good product or service to sell and a talented, enthusiastic team to sell it.

Falkirk FC have both.

The broader the sporting involvement by Falkirk Football Club the better. The goodwill and attractiveness to sponsors, advertisers and other income streams can only be positive. The club started as Falkirk Football and Athletic Club and that ethos is the future. People change sports when they are young so there is the obvious opportunity for young people involved in non football sports to give it a go and discover they have a natural talent for the game and in many cases vice versa.

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Pretty sure the club are already on this amongst other things! It could well happen in the near future, we are not talking a lot of money and the foundation have stated on record football is not the priority but for the football club football is and should always be the number one priority! That’s why we pile our money into the thing! 

If it’s on record then do you mind pointing out where because all I’ve heard of that was hearsay by an unknown person on here. Would seem an odd thing to say since a lot of their programmes revolve around football. 

Anyway, if the club take in the women’s team then great. As I said, I’m sure the Foundation would be happy as it’s job done however it would be up to the women’s team to decide too. 

15 minutes ago, Dade said:

If it’s on record then do you mind pointing out where because all I’ve heard of that was hearsay by an unknown person on here. Would seem an odd thing to say since a lot of their programmes revolve around football. 

Anyway, if the club take in the women’s team then great. As I said, I’m sure the Foundation would be happy as it’s job done however it would be up to the women’s team to decide too. 

Ok, I’m not actually sure if there is or isn’t an official record of that but having personally sponsored a foundation under 12’s team my friends boy plays for I can confirm I was told that and I haven’t been the only person listening to this hence the reason I don’t sponsor the strips this season. You’ll have seen the kids away strips on the business face book page, happy to tag you in it if not! 

After the difficult times we have endured recently every spare penny MUST be reinvested towards the men's 1st team, reserve team, academy etc, we simply can't afford to be helping the women's team in any way. They play under the Foundation banner and it's up to them to fund it. I've done more than my bit over the years to help financially and tbh I would be pretty pisssed off if any of my hard earned cash finds its way to the women's team. Everybody to their own but I'm just not a fan of it,  scores akin to cricket matches, dreadful defending, even worse goalkeeping and attendances are poor, which would also suggest the demand just isn't there for it buts that's not to say there won't be one day.....

Priority for the time being remains getting the mens team back to where it should be, keeping it there and boosting the cash coffers, then we can start to explore other avenues.

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Ok, I’m not actually sure if there is or isn’t an official record of that but having personally sponsored a foundation under 12’s team my friends boy plays for I can confirm I was told that and I haven’t been the only person listening to this hence the reason I don’t sponsor the strips this season. You’ll have seen the kids away strips on the business face book page, happy to tag you in it if not! 

Yeh send me the link please mate. 

Can I just clarify you won’t sponsor a Foundation football team because you think the Foundation isn’t interested in football? 

Surely by not funding for a football team, it makes it harder for them to run it?

Edited by Dade

13 minutes ago, Dade said:

Yeh send me the link please mate. 

Can I just clarify you won’t sponsor a Foundation football team because you think the Foundation isn’t interested in football? 

Surely by not funding for a football team, it makes it harder for them to run it?

Check your face book! The money we allocated for that now goes directly to the football club instead, I simply have more confidence in the governance there than I do that of the foundation. It also might not be a populist thing to say but you know how passionate I am about falkirk and every penny I hand over thats where I want it to directly benefit. It’s that simple. Once upon a time the club and foundation were intertwined, I’ve no confidence that is now the case.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

McGlynn stated in the article saying if we picked up another injury in that department we would be struggling. Don’t think Luke Graham signing means one of our centre backs is injured. At least I hope not. 

From the press conference against Celtic about an hour ago, he told the journos that Coll is struggling a bit with his groin and Tom is around three weeks away, which is something he's been told previously. So he felt needed a bit more cover. 

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Check your face book! The money we allocated for that now goes directly to the football club instead, I simply have more confidence in the governance there than I do that of the foundation. It also might not be a populist thing to say but you know how passionate I am about falkirk and every penny I hand over thats where I want it to directly benefit. It’s that simple. 

I don’t see any reason to not have confidence in the Foundation but if you prefer to give all your money to Falkirk then fair play. You have contributed a lot over   the years and all credit to you for that.  

Luke Graham, a very good signing.

This was mentioned as a possibility pre season (okay, by me), and he’s been in the Dundee match day squad but only used a couple of times. He did start a game.
So I’ve been hoping we’ve been waiting patiently for Dundee to assess their own squad and decide upon their players to go out on loan.

Caught the eye as “a promising type” for Montrose last season, so ……welcome aboard, Luke.

26 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

From the press conference against Celtic about an hour ago, he told the journos that Coll is struggling a bit with his groin and Tom is around three weeks away, which is something he's been told previously. So he felt needed a bit more cover. 

Lang's return would give us 2 right sided centre backs and 2 left sided centre backs with Mackie and Adams also versatile enough to fill in if needed so perfect position to be in. 

Striker next please super John! Bobby Wales still warming Killie's bench.