The Falkirk FC Thread

The view from the KM7 of the other end is absolutely fine as long as you have eyes that work.

Always prefer watching football from behind the goal, just feels more exciting somehow. With the possible exception of Hampden, now there is a shite view 

it would def be interesting to see what the attendance levels are for the free u12 tickets. in theory a great initiative but there must be a fair few folk who got one as an add on just coz it cost f**k all and maybe use it once or twice a season, or even not at all. even a token charge of 20 to 50 quid for one could make a difference to the usage possibly. splitting the north seems like a way to get more fans in games but even with the bulk of the ultras section obviously packed i doubt the south stand has actually been 100% full to actual capacity level with bodies thru the door

6 minutes ago, muppetshow said:

it would def be interesting to see what the attendance levels are for the free u12 tickets. in theory a great initiative but there must be a fair few folk who got one as an add on just coz it cost f**k all and maybe use it once or twice a season, or even not at all. even a token charge of 20 to 50 quid for one could make a difference to the usage possibly. splitting the north seems like a way to get more fans in games but even with the bulk of the ultras section obviously packed i doubt the south stand has actually been 100% full to actual capacity level with bodies thru the door

I tend to sit behind the goals, usually around Row P roughly, and there's always about 6-7 empty seats exactly where I sit and in the row ahead as well. Hearts was the only game where I had people either side of me.

Just now, Raybowski89 said:

I tend to sit behind the goals, usually around Row P roughly, and there's always about 6-7 empty seats exactly where I sit and in the row ahead as well. Hearts was the only game where I had people either side of me.

As already mentioned, it's potentially a mix of U12 and the Ultras leaving these seats unoccupied. 

However, taking your anecdotal evidence in reply to a poster does anyone realistically believe that ~14 U12 seats aren't being used every other Saturday considering the season we're having - I refuse to believe that.

4 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Aye, think cos all the ultras cram into the one section it leaves the rest of the stand looking as if it’s not sold out, even though it is.

On 21/10/2024 at 19:09, Dade said:

In fairness, Mark Campbell never cost the club any money. Clarke Epos did. 

Not sure why Campbell was entertained as far as he was given the information Kenny brought to the fans attention, which in all honesty, they could easily have unearthed- just like the Clark Epos owner.

I gave some further thought about your first comment. What do you think Deans spent on Lawyers during 4 months of DD? Bet it was not cheap 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You can’t just increase their ticket prices because they have expensive clothes ffs 😂.

Bloody woke kids..... If they want to have money for things like clothes AND football perhaps they ought to cancel their Netflix accounts and eat less Avocados!!!!!!

11 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

I never at any point said anyone had to move, I can just see the way the wind is blowing, is all. The Ultras WILL want to grow their numbers and I can see the club most likely wanting to accommodate them. I ain't moving, and I'm sure most others won't either.

Agreed Ray, would imagine very few would.   If they did, they're daft !

4 hours ago, BPM said:

I gave some further thought about your first comment. What do you think Deans spent on Lawyers during 4 months of DD? Bet it was not cheap 

Not sure what you mean? Are you talking about the Rawlins deal?

13 minutes ago, Dade said:

Not sure what you mean? Are you talking about the Rawlins deal?

No Campbell. It took so long to kick him out because they were doing DD on him. That would not be a cheap process 

Edited by BPM

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

No Campbell. It took so long to kick him out because they were doing DD on him. That would not be a cheap process 

Ok but Deans wasn’t in charge then. Thought the criticism was that they didn’t do any DD?

12 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

We could try the following:

• Split the north stand as suggested
  • Hire a single gazebo and place it centrally on the East side on halfway line then allocate to the ultras. Twofold benefits, as the ultras get a superior view of the game being halfway & pitch side, and it also frees up much needed capacity in KM7. Hiring one gazebo presumably cheaper and Club can test if the ultras can grow, and if they do, hire a 2nd gazebo. I used to stand under the shed at Brockville and I'd love to watch from 'the east side facing main stand' again.

The above shuffles the pack a bit, and through compromise, could maybe fix some issues we're seeing.

At least until we build un upper tier for the KM7...

A lot of the older guys and those who started the group will have been in the old singing section before the group was formed in the upper corner of the same section. What if they don't want to move?

17 minutes ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

Anybody know how much a parking permit is?

£80 I believe. I heard it has a waiting list 3 times the current parking capacity 😂

I parked at the stadium at both the Hearts and Thistle home games and will never again tbh. Took 40mins to get out due to a lack of traffic management by stewards/Police. Almost every car ignores the “don’t turn right” sign onto the Grangemouth road instead of all going left and using the roundabout. 

The 2 lane exit onto the roundabout can be very slow too. 

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

£80 I believe. I heard it has a waiting list 3 times the current parking capacity 😂

I parked at the stadium at both the Hearts and Thistle home games and will never again tbh. Took 40mins to get out due to a lack of traffic management by stewards/Police. Almost every car ignores the “don’t turn right” sign onto the Grangemouth road instead of all going left and using the roundabout. 

The 2 lane exit onto the roundabout can be very slow too. 

Do you happen to know what the situation is with parking behind the KM stand? I know there's a lot of disabled parking there but don't think the full car park is for disabled folk? I would imagine that it would be a bit easier to get out of there at the end of the game too.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

The solution is obviously to build a corner stand next to the ultras.

Complete the stadium with covered terracing. and have a nod to Brockville with the names of the turnstiles where the vocal fans always went lining one side of the pitch

Simon Stainrod Barmy Army Section, Choir Section, Houstie Hardcore Section.

Would the Ultras go there? why not ask them.

They stand anyway in their groups of friends and once exposed to the atmosphere created by being able to move about or claim your regular spot, crush barrier it should be a winner. As for capacity? how many Ultras are there? add on a % for fan growth. Jobs a good one with the depth of terracing to cope. That would free up the KMS for how can I put it - the more sedate fans. Increase capacity and should be a winner for the fans and the club solving the issue of empty seats. Would also be base to built an Ayr hybrid style stand seating, hospitality when finances allow.