The Falkirk FC Thread

I think with Rankin in the team we now have the potential to play a proper diamond formation in midfield with Kerr at the back, Sibbs at the front and Taiwo & Rankin on either side.

I've stated this same thought earlier in the thread. With Craigen and Hippolyte to come on. We do genuinely miss a right sided midfielder/winger. Despite my early criticism of him I feel a bit sorry for Craigen. Clearly not a right midfielder and has been shunted there to fill a hole in the team from last year.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Where does the width come from then? Taiwo was horrendous againt Raith at right mid last season. He needs to be in the middle doing the break up stuff which he does well, or the bench.

The width would have to be sacrificed to accommodate the formation. Taiwo wouldn't be wide right as he was in a 4 and any width would have to come from the full backs which would certainly be asking a lot of them.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

I've stated this same thought earlier in the thread. With Craigen and Hippolyte to come on. We do genuinely miss a right sided midfielder/winger. Despite my early criticism of him I feel a bit sorry for Craigen. Clearly not a right midfielder and has been shunted there to fill a hole in the team from last year.

Leahy got punted to LB and isn't 1

Sibbs got punted to LW and isn't 1

Craigen is just joining the club of out of place players

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I fear you may be looking back with rose tinted glasses. Iv not got 25 years worth of memories (maybe 20) but I dont think theres many that were leagues above Leahy. I like him and wouldnt change him. As I said before that position has to be a balance between defense/attack. I feel hes there or thereabouts in that regard

How many times has he to be responsible for goals conceded for folk to realise him popping In a screamer or 2 doesn't make you a left back?

I fear you may be looking back with rose tinted glasses. Iv not got 25 years worth of memories (maybe 20) but I dont think theres many that were leagues above Leahy. I like him and wouldnt change him. As I said before that position has to be a balance between defense/attack. I feel hes there or thereabouts in that regard

Tam McQueen, Jamie McGowan, Jamie Mcquilken, Stephen Kingsley.

I've watched Falkirk since 1806 and I don't remember too many LBs better than Leahy, considering I've seen probably 70 odd or whatever. McQueen, McQuilken, Kingsley yes plus Hagi and wee Tiger. There will be a few more that are comparable probably but the majority haven't been as good either defensively or offensively.

There's a lot that needs improved in the side and a better LB than Leahy would be great. Don't know where we would find one though. 

Don't remember Jamie McGowan playing too many games at LB either?

I've watched Falkirk since 1806 and I don't remember too many LBs better than Leahy, considering I've seen probably 70 odd or whatever. McQueen, McQuilken, Kingsley yes plus Hagi and wee Tiger. There will be a few more that are comparable probably but the majority haven't been as good either defensively or offensively.

There's a lot that needs improved in the side and a better LB than Leahy would be great. Don't know where we would find one though. 

Don't remember Jamie McGowan playing too many games at LB either?

70 years before we were formed ya fossil ? That's some party trick

24 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

70 years before we were formed ya fossil ? That's some party trick

:lol: I'm full of tricks mate! Merely trying to emphasise how long Falkirk (and our left backs) have been wasting/making my weekends.