The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

First the HotTub now half time handjobs on the centre spot!!!! #houstonout #brexit #breakfast

Could we not kill 2 stone's with one bird and move the hottub onto the centrespot for this momentous occasion.

Back on actual football chat, not convinced signing Joe McKee on a 2 year deal is the wisest thing the club could have done. A midfielder with a proven injury history and best when trying to play for a contract (ie Morton & us this season). I hope he stays injury free and that I'm proven wrong, but don't think he's the answer to our promotion problems.

Happy with McKee staying on, a one year deal with appearances triggering another should have been the approach given his history though. Will he now be seen as the main man in middle ? Tip is still rather dry but at least there has been some sort of positive news. Houstie, make a young man happy one of these mornings please. Same time tomorrow I suppose.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Happy with McKee staying on, a one year deal with appearances triggering another should have been the approach given his history though. Will he now be seen as the main man in middle ? Tip is still rather dry but at least there has been some sort of positive news. Houstie, make a young man happy one of these mornings please. Same time tomorrow I suppose.

We've now got 4 players again for two centre mid slots and thats without taking the likes of Henderson into the equation. Was there really any need to sign up Taiwo and Kerr? We certainly better not hear Houston crying about his budget if we're left short in other areas.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've now got 4 players again for two centre mid slots and thats without taking the likes of Henderson into the equation. Was there really any need to sign up Taiwo and Kerr? We certainly better not hear Houston crying about his budget if we're left short in other areas.

Kerr should have been first out tbh. I just want news on players like Bairdy and Sibbs so we can see what we have. 

Announce Loy, give us a good Betfred Group on Friday and lets get cracking.

Just now, BendtnerBairn said:

Kerr should have been first out tbh. I just want news on players like Bairdy and Sibbs so we can see what we have. 

Announce Loy, give us a good Betfred Group on Friday and lets get cracking.

Baird geting freed would certainly cheer me up. Not sure about Loy though now. If Ross gets the Dundee gig I reckon that will be dead in the water.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Baird geting freed would certainly cheer me up. Not sure about Loy though now. If Ross gets the Dundee gig I reckon that will be dead in the water.

Aye I did think about that. Although there was a spell even at Saints when Rory wasn't getting in the team under Ross. Might just be the same situation for Loy at Dundee regardless.

5 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Aye I did think about that. Although there was a spell even at Saints when Rory wasn't getting in the team under Ross. Might just be the same situation for Loy at Dundee regardless.

I'm pretty sure loy had an illness at saints that's why he wasn't playing ?

im sure Ross would be keeping him at Dundee. Would love to see that we have signed him though. If Baird stays I can't see Houston looking for an additional striker to give us 6 on the books. We need a good RB but no name would get the fans overly excited in that position. So holding out for a decent Right winger to be announced. I have a bad feeling that Houston is happy with our current set up though and only after the decision Baird makes will Houston possibly start to make moves.

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I'm pretty sure loy had an illness at saints that's why he wasn't playing ?

im sure Ross would be keeping him at Dundee. Would love to see that we have signed him though. If Baird stays I can't see Houston looking for an additional striker to give us 6 on the books. We need a good RB but no name would get the fans overly excited in that position. So holding out for a decent Right winger to be announced. I have a bad feeling that Houston is happy with our current set up though and only after the decision Baird makes will Houston possibly start to make moves.

If the team wasn't good enough last season then god knows what would make him think we'd be good enough this season. We've already lost Leahy and have no idea whats happening with Sibbald although given the number of central midfielders we've already signed I'm starting to think we'd be better off if he moved on and we got a decent bit of cash for him and a wage freed up. We definitely need a left back . Hopefully Gallacher will be the starter there but our only other option  is probably  Hippo who played there a few times for Livie. Right back is still a major weakness as we saw against DU and must be resolved this transfer window. He obviously doesnt fancy kidd so why not let other clubs know he's available for free? Whats Stantons preferred position? Although hes played against us a few times he's made no impression on me I'm afraid although looking at stats he did score against us for Livie once in their relegation season. Other than that going by our squad so far a right midfielder with a bit of pace and a decent striker to partner Austin should be our other targets.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If the team wasn't good enough last season then god knows what would make him think we'd be good enough this season. 

Maybe, just maybe, the fact that we finished above every team that's still in the league last season ?? 

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Tommy Tackle is the only midfielder we have with bite; had we released him we'd have been looking for an enforcer-type player in the centre of the park.

As for Kerr, it's probably no coincidence that a couple of his best games this season came when was playing with McKee in the same midfield. I think he'll be better next year with a willing runner alongside him, just as he was with Vaulks.

12 hours ago, ChoppeReid said:

Sadly, would evidently satisfy Houston's wish list all too readily. Another lightweight short-arse for our midfield, when we desperately need someone with a bit of drive/presence/pace/height, as has been blindingly obvious since the Rugby Park massacre. Watching our centre mid part like the Red Sea in the second half of the Play Off was just a tad irritating, and all a bit Groundhog Day.  Against Willo Flood FFS.