The Falkirk FC Thread

One of my favourite games was in the 91/92 season when we beat Celtic 4-3 I think Liam Brady, who I'm distantly related to his brother is married to my mum's cousin or something, was their manager at the time Peter Grant snr scored an og and Simon scored with a diving header Paul Mcstay scored a belter from about 20 yards too. It was the first time I"d seen us play Celtic and the result gave me unrealistic expectations.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone
Poor syntax

Just now, Swordfishtrombone said:

One of my favourite games was in the 91/92 season when we beat Celtic 4-3 I think Liam Brady, who I'm distantly related to his brother is married to my mum's cousin or something, was their manager at the time Peter Grant snr scored an og and Simon scored with a diving header Paul Mcstay scored a belter from about 20 yards too. It was the first time I"d seen us play Celtic and the result the me unrealistic expectations.

That was Brady's last game in charge as far as I can recall. I also seem to remember Tony Cascarino coming on and playing centre half.  He was utter gash.

Hate to be morbid but I'm 50 now and having had 3 cup finals in the past 20 years I sometimes wonder if my chance to see the Bairns win the cup in my lifetime has gone. How do other older fans feel about this?

My Dad who passed away 12 years ago always told me the 1957 cup final replay was his greatest moment as a Falkirk fan.

I hope to God I'm wrong.

Stop it! I turned 54 last week you are giving me the fear!!!

6 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I think his last game was the Scottish cup defeat against us in the same season Cornelius Duffy scored the decisive goal.I think.

You could be right there. I always recalled the fact that we put the final nail in his and Tommy Burns managerial coffins at celtic.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Here's a thought , when was the last time we actually started a game all guns blazing . We are slow and boring and negative as fuk compared to those days . Can't even remember the last time we dominated a team

No worries mate. Appreciate your comments.

Last Saturday

What against a bunch of diddys? You happy with that aye ? We can't even dominate a shite QOS . Getting shagged off Morton last season is depressing .

I was quite happy on Saturday and it was a direct answer to the question that you asked.

30 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

Dragutin Ristic......ah the memories he was pish but it was sooooo exciting

For some reason people seem to think Ristic was poor but that certainly wasn't my recollection of him.  He was an excellent player and scored 4 goals in the 10 games he played being an ever present in the side after moving from dundee. He and Cadette were an excellent partnershp and I remember being very disappointed when he left at the end of that season to go to Dundee United. I think we had only signed him to the end of the season which was unfortunate.

Eddie May scored the winner that day against celtic to knock them out the cup.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

For some reason people seem to think Ristic was poor but that certainly wasn't my recollection of him.  He was an excellent player and scored 4 goals in the 10 games he played being an ever present in the side after moving from dundee. He and Cadette were an excellent partnershp and I remember being very disappointed when he left at the end of that season to go to Dundee United. I think we had only signed him to the end of the season which was unfortunate.

Eddie May scored the winner that day against celtic to knock them out the cup.

It was Eddie May my memory was a bit foggy 

1 hour ago, deano25ffc said:

What against a bunch of diddys? You happy with that aye ? We can't even dominate a shite QOS . Getting shagged off Morton last season is depressing .

When did we get 'shagged' by Morton? We had 3 draws in the league, a 1-0 loss in a tight game and the 2-0 cup defeat where Houston tinkered with the team. 

1 minute ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I actually have a topless picture in my possession of a Moderator from this very forum at the Kilbowie game.

All bribes are welcome.

Sadly our fans aren't as attractive as our team