The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Absolutely brilliant first half. Remember standing right behind the goals at Hope Street end with my two young kids. People who did not know each other were hugging each other like long lost friends. Unforgettable!

Yes although I'd say Sammy's first half hattrick against Airdrie is right up there too. Some of the goals that day were fantastic moves.

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Anyone remember the game at a Brockville in the late 60s early 70s when there was so many fans in the stadium that they spilled into the gravel beside the park? That crowd congestion would never be allowed today but made for great excitement

Aye, Celtic winning 9 in a row in 1974.

7 hours ago, deano25ffc said:

Here's a thought , when was the last time we actually started a game all guns blazing . We are slow and boring and negative as fuk compared to those days . Can't even remember the last time we dominated a team

The first half against Hibs where we went 3-0 up at Hampden. Lets not discuss the second half, but that first half was one of our absolute best I can remember. 

14 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I also fondly remember the pitch invasion when winning the league at Airdrie in 1991. Who scored the goal?

I cant remember that I'm afraid. I remember winning the league at home to meadowbank in 91 , and away to Clydebank in 94 but I cant remember winning it at Airdrie.

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Anyone remember the game at a Brockville in the late 60s early 70s when there was so many fans in the stadium that they spilled into the gravel beside the park? That crowd congestion would never be allowed today but made for great excitement

I remember a game in the 80's at home to celtic when that happened. Think it was our first big game in the top flight . I used to hate old firm games back then as the home end used to be full of local away fans . I even remember a ginger haired boy that used to come to every home game with his falkirk scarf on apart from when they played celtic and he turned up with a green and white one.

I remember a game in the 80's at home to celtic when that happened. Think it was our first big game in the top flight . I used to hate old firm games back then as the home end used to be full of local away fans . I even remember a ginger haired boy that used to come to every home game with his falkirk scarf on apart from when they played celtic and he turned up with a green and white one.

I remember trouble in the Hope Street end at home to Rangers when we had some of their cretins in amongst us. I also remember coming out of Brockville after the 2-0 Scottish Cup defeat of Celtic and one of their fans being dragged away by his mates as he was clearly intent on bother.

I cant remember that I'm afraid. I remember winning the league at home to meadowbank in 91 , and away to Clydebank in 94 but I cant remember winning it at Airdrie.

I remember both these games fondly.

The game against the Bankies was a scorcher. I went on the park at the end and gave my scarf to fat b*****d George Fulston. It had my Super Tuesday badge on it too. If I'd known then what transpired about the twat I would have decked him[emoji16]

The game against the Bankies was a scorcher. I went on the park at the end and gave my scarf to fat b*****d George Fulston. It had my Super Tuesday badge on it too. If I'd known then what transpired about the twat I would have decked him[emoji16]

Yes that was the one( Head said Airdrie but it was Clydebank) who scored the winning goal?

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The game against the Bankies was a scorcher. I went on the park at the end and gave my scarf to fat b*****d George Fulston. It had my Super Tuesday badge on it too. If I'd known then what transpired about the twat I would have decked himemoji16.png

I remember him appearing at the game like some kind of messiah and wandering through the crowd. Thats probably the most nervous I've ever been at a game apart from the scottish cup semi against celtic which I attended after being off work all day with a stomach bug. Last thing I needed was us holding on for nearly 80 mins.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

John Henry scored for clydebank funnily enough.

John Henry was excellent that day and at the time was the big young talent in Scottish Football. He moved to Killie for decent money in the summer. His best spell for Falkirk was his initial loan he was generally decent afterwards but he stuck out a mile in his  first loan spell.

Just now, Swordfishtrombone said:

John Henry was excellent that day and at the time was the big young talent in Scottish Football. He moved to Killie for decent money in the summer. His best spell for Falkirk was his initial loan he was generally decent afterwards but he stuck out a mile in his  first loan spell.

Yeah he was brilliant in that first loan spell. Was never quite as good after we shelled out £150k on him though. 

I remember him appearing at the game like some kind of messiah and wandering through the crowd. Thats probably the most nervous I've ever been at a game apart from the scottish cup semi against celtic which I attended after being off work all day with a stomach bug. Last thing I needed was us holding on for nearly 80 mins.

Aye that game definitely shredded the nerves.