The Falkirk FC Thread

In place of who?

Taiwo/Kerr

He can also play left as we have seen.

I also remember him playing off a striker at Ibrox. He was brilliant that day.

Gives us loads of options. One thing is for sure there will be injuries

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah but he went away to Luton, and someone else now has the jersey. For me he is sub until he makes a huge impact or we get injuries

Fair point but he's still too good a player to have on the bench. I'd love him to play in behind Austin and Loy it would wreak havoc in my opinion. The problem with that is I'm not sure Mckee and Sibbs could play in the middle in every game. Against the poorer teams yes but not sure about the better teams in the division.

It would give Houston a selection headache but a good one if you ask me. 

I like the way McKee drives forward with the ball at times which is something we were badly lacking. Unless sibbald is played in a number 10 role then I reckon we should keep things as. For one thing we're a lot more fast paced without him and surely the guys who have been 100 % committed to falkirk this summer deserve to keep their places in the side.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Think the whole Sibbald thing hasnt been handled too great, club has stuck by him but if the rest has been upto his agent then he needs a kick in the nads.  Downside is although he has been training with Luton and played 30 minutes with them against Leicester is he match fit for the new season as the rest of the team will be ahead of  him as far as match fitness is concerned. if he doesnt get offered a deal with Luton is his head going to be focussed on Falkirk as lets face it if he wanted to stay he would have signed by now.

Of course, in that respect its a fantastic bit of news.

That and I love him. Just think we cant drop Taiwo or McKee atm. Especially McKee who I am tipping for POTY

Is it not a bit early to assume he will come back?

There's still over a month of the transfer window available and one or two clubs might have held off on the basis they would not want to complete on a transfer fee with Luton. Now he's not likely to go there it opens the options for other clubs to come in with a even lower bid.

In saying that I would like him back just to give us an alternative option because even from the bench he could be a game changer.

Well aye certain assumptions have been made for the sake of the discussion on what we would do if he returns.

Let's just hope those assumptions become reality.

It's great to see the team playing well with pace just now but we cannot assume that it's going to work well for us every week.

I agree with an earlier poster that Sibbald and Loy together could provide a real creative outlet for us to bang in a few goals.

Defensively, I am still not too sure though.

Think the whole Sibbald thing hasnt been handled too great, club has stuck by him but if the rest has been upto his agent then he needs a kick in the nads.  Downside is although he has been training with Luton and played 30 minutes with them against Leicester is he match fit for the new season as the rest of the team will be ahead of  him as far as match fitness is concerned. if he doesnt get offered a deal with Luton is his head going to be focussed on Falkirk as lets face it if he wanted to stay he would have signed by now.

The Board have stuck by f**k all. They want cash for him. Let's not forget he has not been paid now for two months.

He wanted to resign last week.

I so hope he does to an gives that shower GIRUY.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The Board have stuck by f**k all. They want cash for him. Let's not forget he has not been paid now for two months.

Thing is he is stuck between the board wanting to cash on on him and an agent wanting a cut for moving him on, its not good for Sibbs if he does want to sign again as he is stuck between an agent and the board wanting to cash in on him.

Just to be clear, are you saying he wanted to re-sign for Falkirk last week before Luton made their decision not to proceed (I am assuming that's the case), and the board have not allowed that to proceed?

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yep they definitely want the cash for him. It was suggested to me he came back from Luton the 1st time because he was homesick and not injured. If there is a contract there and he wants to stay then he should just sign it. 

I am calling bullshit on that. Of course the club want the cash, but if they do not allow him to sign, the offer is esentially withdrawn and we would not be entitled to any compo. If Sibbald wants to come back he will. I don't know how many other clubs in League 2 could afford the compo anyway, Luton are one of the best supported teams down there and his lack of pace/physicality means League 1 teams aren't going to be interested. If the Luton manager doesn't think he is worth the compo after a weeks trial it is unlikely other managers in the division will think he is either.

when Houston said he spoke to him for advice when he was interviewed then there and then its not right if he had doubts at the start, I couldnt fault Sibbs at all just been unfortunate the way its been panned out as he seems to be stuck between club and agent.

I sometimes wonder about our board if they genuinely want us to be in the Premiership or are content with a challenge each year in the championship and selling a player/cashing in to keep things on track for a bit cash.

I am calling bullshit on that. Of course the club want the cash, but if they do not allow him to sign, the offer is esentially withdrawn and we would not be entitled to any compo. If Sibbald wants to come back he will. I don't know how many other clubs in League 2 could afford the compo anyway, Luton are one of the best supported teams down there and his lack of pace/physicality means League 1 teams aren't going to be interested. If the Luton manager doesn't think he is worth the compo after a weeks trial it is unlikely other managers in the division will think he is either.

It is not off the table they are just telling Sibbs and his agent they would prefer he left. and trouser the cash. Fortunately Houston wants him to stay

PS He has the same agent as Vaulks now

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

They can't stop him from signing but they can make him feel unwanted. If it's the choice between 100k and having him for one more season then I hope he stays.

Heads up to all Bairns fans heading to Glebe Park tomorrow. The City Club Bar (formally the 1983 Lounge) at Glebe Park will be open from 1pm till 8pm for those looking for a nice cold drink before the game.

Edited by brechincity