The Falkirk FC Thread

Ooft that Houston interview. Every week he spouts the same old pish but looks more and more broken. Today he of course got his customary 'talk is cheap' catchphrase in as well as absolving himself from any of the blame as 'he doesn't tell the players to play like that'.

Yet the one that really pissed me off was his spiel about how we're Falkirk and we only pass the ball about and he never tells the players to play it long and never asks Robbie to kick it long in training. The c***s living in a fantasy world we've been playing unimaginative, boring hoofball for the best part of a year now.

The players quite clearly are not playing for him and he has no ideas aside from 4-4-2 hoofball. With him at the helm for the season there's a very real chance that we'll go down. When we've got probably the 2nd biggest budget in the league is a fucking embarrassment. Our squad consists of 2 'keepers, 6 centre backs, 2 full backs, 2 wingers, 6 centre midfielders, 3 strikers and a Scott Shepherd. Although they're not showing it at the moment we have some good players and there is an eleven in there that can beat anyone in this league however we need that old Mark Kerr loving dinosaur to get to f**k and a manager in who is able to find a system to work around the players we have rather than shoehorn players in every week.

Christ I didn't think I was that seething when I started writing this. f**k you Houston.

I was in a taxi in Falkirk just before the first league game and the driver was a Falkirk fan. He was totally negative about the team and said the League Cup results meant nothing and he thought the team were really going to struggle this season.

At the time I thought he was a miserable, cynical c**t but seems he knows his stuff. Hope you guys stay up tho.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Ooft that Houston interview. Every week he spouts the same old pish but looks more and more broken. Today he of course got his customary 'talk is cheap' catchphrase in as well as absolving himself from any of the blame as 'he doesn't tell the players to play like that'.

Yet the one that really pissed me off was his spiel about how we're Falkirk and we only pass the ball about and he never tells the players to play it long and never asks Robbie to kick it long in training. The c***s living in a fantasy world we've been playing unimaginative, boring hoofball for the best part of a year now.

The players quite clearly are not playing for him and he has no ideas aside from 4-4-2 hoofball. With him at the helm for the season there's a very real chance that we'll go down. When we've got probably the 2nd biggest budget in the league is a fucking embarrassment. Our squad consists of 2 'keepers, 6 centre backs, 2 full backs, 2 wingers, 6 centre midfielders, 3 strikers and a Scott Shepherd. Although they're not showing it at the moment we have some good players and there is an eleven in there that can beat anyone in this league however we need that old Mark Kerr loving dinosaur to get to f**k and a manager in who is able to find a system to work around the players we have rather than shoehorn players in every week.

Christ I didn't think I was that seething when I started writing this. f**k you Houston.

Sweet! Did he mention "journeymen" this week?

Edited by JessieField
mispelt

Think I agree with BPM on this one and the board seem to have nailed their colours to the Houston mast. The only thing that might change their stance if there was clear & obvious anger directed at them/manager. However the muted reaction at the end of the last home game & a general sense of apathy will likely be their saving grace and buy Houston enough time to get the team out of immediate trouble. Pretty grim stuff and a long long way from the absolute garbage of 'This is Our Time'.

Fans have continually supported the club and for me the only thing that will change things if once again the fans take action. What form that should take I don't know? Is their a willingness for collective action I'm not sure?

My guess nothing will happen and we will endure a season of utter shit and will say a goodbye to Mr Houston at the end.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend everyone [emoji847]

Is there an appetite for chants of "sack the board" or "Houstie must go" from the south stand next Saturday, probably not.

We might get the odd shouts of discontent like at the QOS game and there will be booing at the end if we don't get the right result but I fear apathy has well and truly set in at TFS.

Think I agree with BPM on this one and the board seem to have nailed their colours to the Houston mast. The only thing that might change their stance if there was clear & obvious anger directed at them/manager. However the muted reaction at the end of the last home game & a general sense of apathy will likely be their saving grace and buy Houston enough time to get the team out of immediate trouble. Pretty grim stuff and a long long way from the absolute garbage of 'This is Our Time'.

Fans have continually supported the club and for me the only thing that will change things if once again the fans take action. What form that should take I don't know? Is their a willingness for collective action I'm not sure?

My guess nothing will happen and we will endure a season of utter shit and will say a goodbye to Mr Houston at the end.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend everyone [emoji847]

I noticed that against QOS, people were either leaving, looking at their phones, talking amongst themselves and not looking at the pitch or just staring into space looking absolutely stunned. Not much anger towards Houston, it was a case of, can't be arsed cos the board love him!! Unless we do "stand up if you want Houston out". Won't make much difference but might actually show the numbers who have lost faith!!

Houston comes across as a right bellend in that interview, has the air of a man that has no idea what to do now but is that stubborn that it can't possibly be his fault.

Don't know if it's a standard thing on all the YT videos but comments being disabled speaks volumes

He has come across as a completely arrogant bellend on most of his after match interviews this season. He has shown virtually no respect to the opposition and just whines on about it not being his fault and the players aren't doing what he tells them.

He's lost the plot and needs to f**k off.

I noticed that against QOS, people were either leaving, looking at their phones, talking amongst themselves and not looking at the pitch or just staring into space looking absolutely stunned. Not much anger towards Houston, it was a case of, can't be arsed cos the board love him!! Unless we do "stand up if you want Houston out". Won't make much difference but might actually show the numbers who have lost faith!!

Totally agree. Time for a leader to step up. Someone that we can unite the P&B clans...time for Che Shadwell

Nothing will happen because of years of making Falkirk a "family club", discouraging singing, banners, flags or even standing up. Instead they promote bringing bairns and women to games - who's going to go mental in a protest at the board/manager with their wife beside them and a toddler bouncing on their knee *

They've sanitised the game, taken the heart and soul out of it to create a middle class pastime for old men and children. 

A few boos, a few tut tuts then ... nothing.

* (stand fast that Kilmarnock fruitloop).

Nothing will happen because of years of making Falkirk a "family club", discouraging singing, banners, flags or even standing up. Instead they promote bringing bairns and women to games - who's going to go mental in a protest at the board/manager with their wife beside them and a toddler bouncing on their knee *

They've sanitised the game, taken the heart and soul out of it to create a middle class pastime for old men and children. 

A few boos, a few tut tuts then ... nothing.

* (stand fast that Kilmarnock fruitloop).

This totally [emoji106]

Disaster of a result. Need to kick start season with a win next week, Houston's jacket is on a shaky nail now but we're not doomed yet as this league is very tight with everyone dropping points to everyone else (despite our fans continuing disrespect towards Dumbarton, irrespective of their resullts). St Mirren, last season, showed how a run of games can change your season, we can still do it but it's getting harder to be optimistic with each passing week.

One thing I don't get and would like explained is the "lost the dressing room" stuff. Surely even if every player in that dressing room hates Houston with a passion and despise his playing style then you'd still give 100%? The implication is that players are just ticking over until a new manager comes in, under performing etc....if this were true then any player not giving 100% should be out the door quicker than anyone else at the club!!

I nominate Shadwell to run onto the pitch and grab the microphone off the stadium announcer and start ripping into the board and Houston and get it all off his chest although he should give Harris a bit of slack and concentrate on Houstie a la Delia Smith all those years ago at Norwich City when she was rat arsed!!

I was in a taxi in Falkirk just before the first league game and the driver was a Falkirk fan. He was totally negative about the team and said the League Cup results meant nothing and he thought the team were really going to struggle this season.
At the time I thought he was a miserable, cynical c**t but seems he knows his stuff. Hope you guys stay up tho.

When did Shadwell start driving cabs?

Just now, Rugster said:

We can't just keep saying this every week!

Sack him.  I would be happy to step in, after all my one off appearance in the dug out at semi pro level resulted in a six nil win just last week.

Tbh though the opposition were shite and I didn't have a clue.  What could go wrong...