The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Next season will be tougher than this, no question. Thing is, in recent years, the Championship hasn’t been easy for anyone.

Id be more inclined to think Hartleys job is gonna be tougher as no one will put up with a poor start or up and down form after this seasons rollercoaster, the knives are still sharp and talk is all so very cheap.

The teams in the league next season tho are all gonna be weakened with cloth cutting once again and as it stands one  or both of Partick or Ross County coming down isnt gonna make clubs spend £s. The normal also is clubs coming down struggle and rarely go straight back up.

Utd will spend less, Livvy will lose a team and the rest will cut accordingly with replacing a poor Brechin and maybe Dumbarton with Ayr or Raith and outside bets of Alloa and Arbroath. The standard next season is gonna be worse making it a much easier league to win than it has ever been for clubs around us if they brought in the right players.

Id be more inclined to think Hartleys job is gonna be tougher as no one will put up with a poor start or up and down form after this seasons rollercoaster, the knives are still sharp and talk is all so very cheap.
The teams in the league next season tho are all gonna be weakened with cloth cutting once again and as it stands one  or both of Partick or Ross County coming down isnt gonna make clubs spend £s. The normal also is clubs coming down struggle and rarely go straight back up.
Utd will spend less, Livvy will lose a team and the rest will cut accordingly with replacing a poor Brechin and maybe Dumbarton with Ayr or Raith and outside bets of Alloa and Arbroath. The standard next season is gonna be worse making it a much easier league to win than it has ever been for clubs around us if they brought in the right players.

I think Patrick are nailed on to come down. Ayr and Raith will come up hopefully.

Can’t see any of the other championship teams going up. I think whoever wins the playoff will hope to get Hamilton but they will no doubt grind it out.

League next season

Patrick
Falkirk
DU
Dunfermline
Livingston
Morton
Raith
Ayr
QOS
Inverness

Looks tasty to me that.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lets hope its partick  that comes down. Dundees owners have a few bob and you never know about ross county and their born again millionaire.

Maybe not Partick’s owners, but they have a sugar auntie and uncle lottery winners who put in a chunk of money each season but supposedly ring fenced for development/club infrastructure.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think Patrick are nailed on to come down. Ayr and Raith will come up hopefully.

Can’t see any of the other championship teams going up. I think whoever wins the playoff will hope to get Hamilton but they will no doubt grind it out.

League next season

Patrick
Falkirk
DU
Dunfermline
Livingston
Morton
Raith
Ayr
QOS
Inverness

Looks tasty to me that.

Looks good, but I reckon Dumbarton could well see off Raith but perhaps not Ayr.

The playing squad from top to bottom will be cleared out. The reserve players had the perfect opportunity to claim a first team spot, The likes of Finlayson , Peggie and Stowe were deemed not good enough. So clear the decks and give these guys a chance of a first team game elsewhere. The first team squad got us into this mess, so out the door with them. Expect no more than 3 or 4 player to be kept on. That leaves 10 to 12 signings with a fresh approach and no baggage from last season. There is much hope pinned on the scouting network , in particular down south, and being fair to Hartley he must have a bulging contact book from his career.  It is a make or break season for Hartley, I think he will come good. Not only with his signings but with the style of football played.

2 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Heard a rumour today that Dunfermline and ourselves have offered Ian Vigurs a contract. Can’t see it to be honest.

Dunfermline would only go for him if he has played for us, so maybe season after next for them.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I am just wallowing in the glow of the club statement not having any Martin Ritchie “Oh well boys and girls, Dundee United are a big club you know, so there’s no point in us challenging that, but we will do our bit to be really plucky second or third or fourth best”.