The Falkirk FC Thread

I  hope Hartley has plans to move on Harris, Loy, McKee and O'Hara at the very least. Our biggest budget ever isn't going to go very far if we're paying probably £4K a week to players who're going to contribute nothing.

I  hope Hartley has plans to move on Harris, Loy, McKee and O'Hara at the very least. Our biggest budget ever isn't going to go very far if we're paying probably £4K a week to players who're going to contribute nothing.

You need to go and lie down for a few hours. You are getting yourself into a right lather over this.

We are one day into pre-season. Calm doon.

I'd assume that anyone who has signed a pre-contract won't be on the list as they are moving clubs at the end of their contract.  Presumably if we have any of these we're waiting on their new clubs announcing the signing?

I would have thought that any fine deals for people moving would have been on that list as well. If it's finalised there would be no reason to keep quiet.

25 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

THAT goal... 

glasgow-scotland-30th-may-2015-scottish-cup-final-falkirk-versus-inverness-ERAB79.jpg

475270996.jpg

That's a cracking photo. Look at wee Sibbs jumping for joy as the ball's going in! :lol:

As other's have said, much as I would have liked to have seen them rising like a Phoenix, I think it was time for Grant and TT. Actually feel a bit sorry for Paul Watson too who I think was quite steady for us overall. I would imagine Kidd's still here due to his versatility and Hartley presumably sees something in Welsh. I would have kept O'Hara too as a 4th option up front but we need to get another three strikers in; would be great if 2 of them were Nelson and Jak!

2 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Hard to forget him not pulling down the man on the half way line for their equaliser though. emoji20.png

Don't remember that although I think McCracken should have done so at their winner!:P

Wasn’t that Cracks fault?

He rolled cracks, who should have pulled him down and then ran at Grant and someone else who I can't remember and either one of them could have done it as well.

Almost screamed myself hoarse in Hampden hoping they would hear me and think I was Houston giving out orders.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Strong rumours suggest the latter already has a deal agreed with the club to depart.

Hartley obviously doing a Hartley in not even having Loy as a sub when fit to play and at times less sub's than allowed in the last few months.

A real shame how its ended up but an example on how throwing cash at a marque signing can go so wrong

5 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

He rolled cracks, who should have pulled him down and then ran at Grant and someone else who I can't remember and either one of them could have done it as well.

Almost screamed myself hoarse in Hampden hoping they would hear me and think I was Houston giving out orders.

Leahy.

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

That's a cracking photo. Look at wee Sibbs jumping for joy as the ball's going in! :lol:

As other's have said, much as I would have liked to have seen them rising like a Phoenix, I think it was time for Grant and TT. Actually feel a bit sorry for Paul Watson too who I think was quite steady for us overall. I would imagine Kidd's still here due to his versatility and Hartley presumably sees something in Welsh. I would have kept O'Hara too as a 4th option up front but we need to get another three strikers in; would be great if 2 of them were Nelson and Jak!

Would've been better with Robbie Thomson as a 4th option up front than O'Hara

Edited by EdiBairn

30 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

MacDonald gets the stick for the save but one of our defenders should  have taken the smart booking.

I think Paul Watson is actually a decent player when playing along side someone who compliments him. Him and Grant were outstanding when we finished runners up to Rangers before Grant got his injury. Unfortunately, both haven’t hit the same heights since. In the last few games you can see that partnership starting to come back but it’s all wasted now.
Probably a right time for a change.