The Falkirk FC Thread

With McKee there is definitely talent there and we have seen flashes of it during his time here. He’s got a decent strike on him and when he wants can make good driving runs from the middle of the park.

However he is such a massive shitebag. He doesn’t make a tackle and his pressing game is non existent. Through the season he’s changed from a box to box midfielder to a plodding central midfielder that stays behind the ball and plays 6 yard passes. If he could get back to the player we saw at the end of last season and the cup games then I’d definitely be up for keeping him but the player we’ve seen for the vast majority of the season should be punted as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Will Sibbs defintely be with us next season? Could swear I drove past him in Motherwell yesterday. Of course given that it’s season’s end there’s many reasons he could be down this way though...

He was out with Lewis Kidd who’s from that way.

Edited by gav-ffc

4 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Ah Poet, you young scamp....I know you're at the wind up, but at least you were correct in appreciating that it was, indeed, a cup final.  Not that you'd likely remember what that experience is about, eh?  

Three cup finals and remember them well. No need to be misty eyed about not winning trophies though.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Dunfermline fans are of course welcome to continue hanging about in the Falkirk thread. Nothing has changed. No one is expecting you guys to forget about us just because you are in the playoffs.

Carry on

Would be a lot more effective if you hadn't been posting on the Pars vs United thread. 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They don’t care about us. All about the Wee Fife team.

So, so needy.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Finals are overrated anyway. Its the semi finals that count

download (2).jpg

Beating Dunfermline >>> actually winning  a trophy

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

Does anyone else think McKee is not as bad as some on here portray him? He gets a bit of stick sometimes but I'd keep him.

Another one of the Houston signings in that there is a player in there, he was gash on Saturday and seems to disappear pretty quickly in a games but when he is on it you begin to think he is a player, those days are rare and I wouldnt be hurt if he was on his way

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't think I'm giving away any secrets by saying that he'll be there. I spoke briefly to him after the game on Saturday and his parting words were "see you next season". I think you can safely assume that anyone we have options on will be returning, as none of those players were on the released list yesterday.

I suspect that we want everyone else who's out of contract and wasn't on that list, but they may choose  go elsewhere, as Bairdy did last summer. Time will tell.

Im sure Sibbs interview on Falkirk tv post St Mirren game more or less had him saying next season here for him, I suppose a lot could happen between now and then in that players will be holding out for the best deal for themselves but thats football nowadays

The losers and winners difference from last season only St Mirren and Dunfermline in the black(and white I suppose). Ross County trade for St Mirren is a bad trade, Livi for Partick would make up the difference and add Ayr and Raith should see similar crowds if not a plus compared to this season for a few. An alarming dip for Utd and QOS, our dip had to be expected and it couldve been a lot worse

St Mirren +849
Dunfermline + 805

Dundee Utd -1079
QOS -404
Morton -376
Falkirk -356
Dumbarton -284

attendances.png.67ffbe4a05875ff2a230a9f5aa30f2be.png
Down 356, on average over the season, equates to £130k. That's 2/3 players.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:
Heard Tommy Taiwo didnt turn up on Saturday after having been told he was getting released.

No more about this please.

Why? Is it some sort of official secret?

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:
Why? Is it some sort of official secret?

Eh.... Aye it is aye

Player told hes getting released , player no happy, player goes in the cream puff, player disnae turn up for the last game of the season. I'm sure its happened at clubs all over Scotland to be honest.

Player told hes getting released , player no happy, player goes in the cream puff, player disnae turn up for the last game of the season. I'm sure its happened at clubs all over Scotland to be honest.

Does appear to suggest that he was keen to stay with us. Sad to seem him leave under such circumstances...

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Heard Tommy Taiwo didnt turn up on Saturday after having been told he was getting released.

There were quite a few players missing who would normally be there on a matchday. I think it's reasonable to assume they all had permission, given that they were leaving and the game was a dead rubber. Particularly as they went round the club shaking hands and saying their goodbyes on Friday. Non-story IMO.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Does appear to suggest that he was keen to stay with us. Sad to seem him leave under such circumstances...

Yeah I agree. Was time for him to move on but would've been better if he'd been told after the last game of the season.  Still a bit disappointing that he took the cream puff instead of thanking the fans but thats footballers for you.

There were quite a few players missing who would normally be there on a matchday. I think it's reasonable to assume they all had permission, given that they were leaving and the game was a dead rubber. Particularly as they went round the club shaking hands and saying their goodbyes on Friday. Non-story IMO.
Aye.

FAKE NEWS Shedwall

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He wasnt happy at all though and feels hes been treated really badly. Shame as he always gave his all when at the club.

Edited by Shodwall cat

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Source? 

A very good one. Look i'm not going to make up dodgy rumours about players I really like for no reason.  He wisnae happy and therefore didn't make an appearance on Saturday.  A shame that the fans couldnt thank him for his hard work and commitment and vice versa but thats fitba for you.

Bairnardos changed his tune very quickly from dinnae mention it to fake news suddenly.

Edited by Shodwall cat