The Falkirk FC Thread

Tony Watt will get a much better move than Falkirk. He'd be a class signing for us if possible, can't believe people would turn their nose up. To get quality in at this level you need to take a hit in some way (injury track record, character flaws), I'd be willing to take a punt on him. He's got ability in spades.

I saw the Open Goal interview with Tony Watt, came across as an absolute daftie but seemed nice enough.
I'm sure most players have similar excuses but he gave the impression of having been in the wrong place at the wrong time a lot in his career. Particularly with managerial changes.

I'd definitely take him at the Bairnabeu on some short term deal so that when he eventually falls out with Hartley we could punt him.

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

You must have really rated Houston before his last season then?

I dont think anyone cant rate Houstons record pre his last season on budgets and position, going through a season with 4 defeats with Rangers and Hibs in the league and splitting them in finishing 2nd and losing less games than the champions.

He shouldve walked after Utd play offs but he has been our best manager since relegation here with play offs and a cup final

2 hours ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

You must have really rated Houston before his last season then?

You can't really criticise Houston's two second place finishes  above the likes of Dundee United and Hibs. I've no doubt that our team that finished the league second to sevco would've won the  league this year at a canter and last years team would've pushed Saints all the way.  Unfortunately his failures  on the recruitment front meant that we were  getting worse and worse with the replacements being brought in being dreadfful in the main.

Out of interest when has Tony Watt ever showed 'ability in spades' I've seen him have glimpses of quality at Hearts and Charlton but absolutely nothing to suggest he is worth big wages. Most recently played with a second tier Belgian team and even they were happy to let him go after 1 goal in 11 appearances..

Anyone who can dine off of scoring in a win against a full power Barca and who is still at a stage in their career where good things might still be possible isn’t going to rock up at TFS. Not unless his daftie quotient has gone through the roof.

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

93 days until the start of the new season, which is the average gestation period of a leopard.

Just in case you've somehow missed them, Tony Watt's film reviews are quite special. "Watt to Watch".  It could literally take up about 8 minutes of the 93 days you have to kill.