The Falkirk FC Thread

Was the academy decision his and his alone or a collective one at boardroom level? I am disappointed that we scrapped it but not overly surprised following the project brave shenanigans and the fact we have festered in this league for as long. I admire that he is not afraid to take some hard decisions though. And to be honest, who would really want to be the man with the responsibility of communicating with our fans and keeping us happy? We are an incredibly fickle bunch at the best of times.

10 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

Was the academy decision his and his alone or a collective one at boardroom level? I am disappointed that we scrapped it but not overly surprised following the project brave shenanigans and the fact we have festered in this league for as long. I admire that he is not afraid to take some hard decisions though. And to be honest, who would really want to be the man with the responsibility of communicating with our fans and keeping us happy? We are an incredibly fickle bunch at the best of times.

No, we really aren't. Pretty much the most compliant, docile and passive support in Scottish football these days, more's the pity.

Campbell (and Laing) are just stooges for those aloof, remote individuals who hold the majority of the shares. Trademarks, budget shambles, claiming fans hate the club. He's a complete embarrassment and, if said majority shareholders gave a toss, he's be on his bike. But they don't, so he won't.

No, we really aren't. Pretty much the most compliant, docile and passive support in Scottish football these days, more's the pity.
Campbell (and Laing) are just stooges for those aloof, remote individuals who hold the majority of the shares. Trademarks, budget shambles, claiming fans hate the club. He's a complete embarrassment and, if said majority shareholders gave a toss, he's be on his bike. But they don't, so he won't.

Because we aren't marching on the stadium doesn't mean we aren't fickle. You only have to read back a few pages on this thread to see that.

28 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

Because we aren't marching on the stadium doesn't mean we aren't fickle. You only have to read back a few pages on this thread to see that.

What specific, recent examples of this fickleness are you able to provide? Because it is pretty much the last adjective applicable to a support who have purchased season tickets and turned up in very healthy numbers to watch nigh on a decade of mediocrity in the second tier without a peep. A myth, concocted by the media years ago because the support at that time refused to sit back and watch the likes of Fulston, Lambie and the Deans destroy the club. A lie then, and an even bigger lie now.

Have to admit I don't pay much attention to boardroom goings on at the club, how long has this Campbell fella been in the job?

I was actually quite pleased with how the club have gone about things lately. We seem more ruthless chopping the manager and letting Hartley overhaul the squad in January to help us survive. It feels like the first team is getting much more priority now than in previous seasons, as much as I like Falkirk bringing through a good youth it hasn't exactly helped us on the pitch of late.

49 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

The academy was a good policy, nobody would argue about bringing through your own talent. Getting them established and getting a big payday. For the time it was in place we never got the big multi million pound sale plus sell on %, that other provincial clubs like  Motherwell , Kilmarnock , Hamilton got.  Just one multi million pound sale would have been enough. But No ! not one came though in all that time. The scouting , coaching was plainly not good enough.  The best we got was Connor McGrandles and 1.25 million not bad. But compare to the 5,6. near 7 million pound paydays others got. It is the great what if ?

What specific, recent examples of this fickleness are you able to provide? Because it is pretty much the last adjective applicable to a support who have purchased season tickets and turned up in very healthy numbers to watch nigh on a decade of mediocrity in the second tier without a peep. A myth, concocted by the media years ago because the support at that time refused to sit back and watch the likes of Fulston, Lambie and the Deans destroy the club. A lie then, and an even bigger lie now.

Well one example would be our lauding of Campbell one week due to the fresh approach to communication and then a seeming urge to have him removed soon after due to a mountain made out of a molehill. I'm all for holding people to account but at least give the guy some time to see if he makes a real difference with what actually matters at the club.

More from the Charity Auction -

I have been given another fantastic item to auction for our nominated charity, the Chris Mitchell Foundation. 

A Caithness glass decanter of the FFC 60th cup win anniversary. inscribed with the winning players names (only 30 ever made). Kindly donated by Gordon Profit of Citrus Office Solutions.

As with the other auction items, the bids for this will close at 10pm on Sunday !!! 

Contact me on here or by e-mail on markj@bluewin.ch (bids currently at £180)

The academy was a good policy, nobody would argue about bringing through your own talent. Getting them established and getting a big payday. For the time it was in place we never got the big multi million pound sale plus sell on %, that other provincial clubs like  Motherwell , Kilmarnock , Hamilton got.  Just one multi million pound sale would have been enough. But No ! not one came though in all that time. The scouting , coaching was plainly not good enough.  The best we got was Connor McGrandles and 1.25 million not bad. But compare to the 5,6. near 7 million pound paydays others got. It is the great what if ?

We got nothing like 1.25m for McGrandles. It was 500k. We may have got 7 figures if he hadn’t bombed at Norwich and played loads of games, played for his country and had a Christmas number one.

This clubs opportunity was wasted in the aftermath of the 14/15 season. Profit of 1.3m with cash coming out of our ears. All now frittered away

We got nothing like 1.25m for McGrandles. It was 500k. We may have got 7 figures if he hadn’t bombed at Norwich and played loads of games, played for his country and had a Christmas number one.

This clubs opportunity was wasted in the aftermath of the 14/15 season. Profit of 1.3m with cash coming out of our ears. All now frittered away

Bit unfair McKee broke Connors leg whilst on loan with us whilst a Norwich player. Still playing at a higher level than FFC

Bit unfair McKee broke Connors leg whilst on loan with us whilst a Norwich player. Still playing at a higher level than FFC

He was on his way out at Norwich before that.

I rate him by the way