The Falkirk FC Thread

Did Hartley say that today is definitely the cut off for the players extending? Would be a boot in the baws to lose Sibbs over that sort of incompetence although I'd say for his career he either needs a barnstorming season with us or a move elsewhere to kick on. Let's hope Hartley can convince him it's the former.

Hopefully the club announce his signature soon or they're holding off to do it the same day as the season tickets launch or something daft like that.

4 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Given the opposition, can't see anything wrong with that at all. Nope. 

Nae wonder celtic have given them two real doings if a brush in the balls is enough to make there centrehalf double up.

2 hours ago, FFCinthearea said:

In typical Falkirk fashion there was an error in offering Sibbs his new contract.  I understand that they got the dates  of the new contract wrong so there was a few days gap between the expiry and the start.   Due to the discrepancy he's technically a free agent so we won't get compensation.

Sibbald is 23 a week today probably scuppers our development fee and contract offers if it has been a f**k up, I am probably thinking £s for my own club in that I thought there would be some training or development fee for having Sibbs from under 16 till now if we offered the same contract as last season but the laws regarding this can be quite grey to find out the definite answer.

I am not distraught over losing Sibbs tbh, I dont think he has kicked on since the season he won young player of the year, goal of the year and player of the year at our in-house awards ceremony. If he did kick on from that season, he wouldve been away a long time ago

Last season he burst back on to the scene after injury but dipped form thereafter, I dont think Longridges role helped and although Im not fully keen on Longridge he does have what Sibbald hasnt got in that he has more pace and movement about him

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Sibbald is 23 a week today probably scuppers our development fee and contract offers if it has been a f**k up, I am probably thinking £s for my own club in that I thought there would be some training or development fee for having Sibbs from under 16 till now if we offered the same contract as last season but the laws regarding this can be quite grey to find out the definite answer.

I am not distraught over losing Sibbs tbh, I dont think he has kicked on since the season he won young player of the year, goal of the year and player of the year at our in-house awards ceremony. If he did kick on from that season, he wouldve been away a long time ago

Last season he burst back on to the scene after injury but dipped form thereafter, I dont think Longridges role helped and although Im not fully keen on Longridge he does have what Sibbald hasnt got in that he has more pace and movement about him

I'd agree with that. I do think he's one of our best players, but I don't  think he's as irreplaceable as he once was. I'm struggling to think of more than 2 or 3 games he's really stood out in this season.

I think Sibbs will sign back on assuming the wages are what he wants.

Hartley has said he wants to build the team around him & play him in behind the 2 strikers. Personally think this will be Sibbs last year as a Bairn, unless we go up I suppose.

He owes us nothing though after all these games and if he goes & wants to go, fair play to him.

I suppose if there's  no fee to be paid, he might be able to get a  move to a Hamilton/ Dundee United or English league 2 equivalent. I don't see him getting anything beyond that though, unless Hibs might be interested as a replacement for McGinn/McGeouch.

Edited by EdiBairn

4 hours ago, Jason King said:

I'll call that bull - unless Falkirk give their players contracts that expire before the end of the playoffs.

Do clubs actually only give contracts up until the end of Game 36 - what would have happened if you'd stayed in ninth or again made the Cup final?

I have to agree, there is no conceivable way that his contract ends before the 30th of May so we should have until then to extend it unless there is some sort of mental clause in there. I am willing to take Hartley at face value that he just wants him to accept a deal because he wants to be here.

In relation to us moving up the table of IE index I would like to see a breakdown of what that actually means in terms of the clubs financial position and relative stability in Scottish football, could be quite interesting.

Edited by GMBairn

I have to agree, there is no conceivable way that his contract ends before the 30th of May so we should have until then to extend it unless there is some sort of mental clause in there. I am willing to take Hartley at face value that he just wants him to accept a deal because he wants to be here.
In relation to us moving up the table of IE index I would like to see a breakdown of what that actually means in terms of the clubs financial position and relative stability in Scottish football, could be quite interesting.

Pretty sure there is a date (end of March) that you have to offer the player with an option by to ensure he is not a free agent.

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Pretty sure there is a date (end of March) that you have to offer the player with an option by to ensure he is not a free agent.

How did it work with McGhee and Robson?