The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree with this but I suspect the issues were more than just Miller and Kerr so it seems a little unfair to tarnish them as the whole issue.
We should also remember that they had been put into positions of authority under Houston and that was pretty much ripped away from them under Hartley.

You are probably right but from what I hear they were the main instigators. One was the club captain after all. 

Not an apologist, shamed at how our fans have reacted to someone who has gave a lot to our club and in your case called it with a maybe situation especially as I repeat bigger culprits are still at the club.
I still cant believe you are still trying to convince yourself with the since Miller and Kerr have gone results improved, whereas the biggest factor for sure was players coming in, considering Miller never started more than 3 games, eight changes from the shameful 3-0 defeat at tannadice and the 6-1 home win v Utd
I dont think its bizarre at all to point a finger at firstly Houston for not having a 2nd option for left back when the problems down the left hand side of defence resulted in us losing a goal sometimes 2 goals a game down that side, which for me bred that losing mentality within the squad. The stats dont lie that we never won a league game in which Gallacher played in, I think thats more plausible than blaming Miller that never started and Mark Kerr.  We couldnt even beat Brechin with Gallacher in the team.  It really wasnt a surprise that when Smith moved McGhee to left back we looked far more solid and won a game.
As for next season, there is no hiding place for Hartley this coming season, all very well signing players outside the central belt, there are some diddies down south too tho but I was more convinced with him at the meeting at BTW than I was afore, still talk is cheap

Did the results improve when they left?

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

Not an apologist, shamed at how our fans have reacted to someone who has gave a lot to our club and in your case called it with a maybe situation especially as I repeat bigger culprits are still at the club.

I still cant believe you are still trying to convince yourself with the since Miller and Kerr have gone results improved, whereas the biggest factor for sure was players coming in, considering Miller never started more than 3 games, eight changes from the shameful 3-0 defeat at tannadice and the 6-1 home win v Utd

I dont think its bizarre at all to point a finger at firstly Houston for not having a 2nd option for left back when the problems down the left hand side of defence resulted in us losing a goal sometimes 2 goals a game down that side, which for me bred that losing mentality within the squad. The stats dont lie that we never won a league game in which Gallacher played in, I think thats more plausible than blaming Miller that never started and Mark Kerr.  We couldnt even beat Brechin with Gallacher in the team.  It really wasnt a surprise that when Smith moved McGhee to left back we looked far more solid and won a game.

As for next season, there is no hiding place for Hartley this coming season, all very well signing players outside the central belt, there are some diddies down south too tho but I was more convinced with him at the meeting at BTW than I was afore, still talk is cheap

Can you name the 'bigger culprits'?

38 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

You are probably right but from what I hear they were the main instigators. One was the club captain after all. 

Even if they were involved, I don't think we can say they were totally at fault. Hartley has a reputation for falling out with players at various clubs including at least 5 at Falkirk. The common denominator in that isn't Lee Miller.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Improved when Santa left

Your point about them being bad eggs etc might be 100% true, I don't know, but all I can go on is what happened on the pitch. Some players that were not performing got punted or left because they weren't playing well enough, then new players came in and we started to win games. Not looking behind the scenes at anything here, just the product on the park which, ultimately, is what I pay my money for. 

Regardless of what went on during the Miller/Kerr debacle no one is bigger than the club. Sometimes decisions need to be make in order to move forward. There is no doubt we are now in a better position now but it has taken longer than most expected. Next season will be the real test.

Your point about them being bad eggs etc might be 100% true, I don't know, but all I can go on is what happened on the pitch. Some players that were not performing got punted or left because they weren't playing well enough, then new players came in and we started to win games. Not looking behind the scenes at anything here, just the product on the park which, ultimately, is what I pay my money for. 

We all judge what happens on the pitch. However I blind man would struggle to see that there wasn’t things effecting that performance.

You don’t go from finishing second to winning one game in 6 months with broadly the same squad if there wasn’t issues effecting the performance on the pitch.

Clubs who achieve things are nearly always united. Didn’t see that in the first six months of last season and even to an extent post Christmas too at times.

Big 3/4 months coming up

11 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Worth noting that Kerr had previous of disrupting dressing rooms. It was my understanding from Queens fans that was the main factor in his departure from there. 

The old Queens chairman said that was the case in hospitality last season. It was the 3-2 game and both had just been exiled from the squad. 

Even without him being a bad influence I can understand why you let Kerr go.

He’s been superb for us since signed but he’s got no speed and for a team that’s aiming to make the playoffs like you were that’s a problem.

I still think he’ll do a job for us next season even if he’s not a starter so I’m pretty pleased he’s signed an extension.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We all judge what happens on the pitch. However I blind man would struggle to see that there wasn’t things effecting that performance.

You don’t go from finishing second to winning one game in 6 months with broadly the same squad if there wasn’t issues effecting the performance on the pitch.

Clubs who achieve things are nearly always united. Didn’t see that in the first six months of last season and even to an extent post Christmas too at times.

Big 3/4 months coming up

image.png.26fdc04661e29f1de88e3b4715d15c44.png

Hartley had to do what he did with Kerr & Miller, you can’t have any player undermining the manager, especially when he’s just in the door & trying to get a bit of momentum going.

As Hartley has said, people working against him was not players working for the best of Falkirk Football Club. If you are against us, don’t darken the door, even if you are/were a fans favourite.

10 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Robbie mutch signs extension till 2021

Glad to see that, he had an absolute horror show at East End Park but I thought he looked good in his other appearances and he's clearly highly rated by the club. Can't imagine too many more players being signed up for 3 years.

For a keeper that young you have to expect dips in form, would like to see him loaned out to League 1 for this season with Mitchell being backup to a new keeper.

Edited by ilostmyself

Hartley had to do what he did with Kerr & Miller, you can’t have any player undermining the manager, especially when he’s just in the door & trying to get a bit of momentum going.

As Hartley has said, people working against him was not players working for the best of Falkirk Football Club. If you are against us, don’t darken the door, even if you are/were a fans favourite.

This ^^^