The Falkirk FC Thread

Absolutely this.
Folk having a go at Sibbs who has stuck with us for a good few years now whilst we have struggled to make it over the line should really think again rather than have a go at him.
He goes with my best wishes irrespective of whether I think it’s the wrong move...

He used the club last year after whoring himself out the full summer. Not saying the club is totally blameless however Sibbald is not irreplaceable. Hartley said at one of his roadshows we had the option of the extra year but he would not take it if he felt Sibbald wasn’t committed which he clearly isn’t. This is the best move for both parties whether people like or not.

Sibbald has been a good servant and as I have previously stated I wish him well.

However players, managers, board members come and go and we still support the club. If someone has made a c**t of the negotiations then that is something to be sorted out at boardroom level. I heard he was offered a very minimal pay rise and wanted to look elsewhere. Could be pish as I'm not claiming to be i.t.k.

Folk on twitter saying they won't be renewing their season tickets as Sibbald is leaving is mental in my opinion but hey ho each to their own.

Been following the Bairns for 46 years and seen good players/servants come and go and no doubt will in the future.

Usual shambolic running of the club by the ceo and his cronies. Hes beginning to make george craig look like david dean.  Something exciting is happening at falkirk fc. Aye our best player has fecked off to livie.  Im sure the queues for seasons will be round the block now. Why have some much hassle to get an option put in someones contract if your just going to let them feck off to a wee club like livi for nowt.  Time for arsehole campbell to feck off back to his community pish and leave the football to folk who actually have a scooby.

Some of the chat on the facebook page is nonsense.

Loads of people critising sibbs for showing no ambition and having a go at livi for being a shite club while simultaneously saying the club should have offered him whatever he wanted to stay. It seems that with no Irony what so ever they cant grasp that staying the championship with us for money  would show far less ambition than moving to a division above with a team where he will probably play most of the season.

Last year the Sibbald situation rumbled on until the middle of August.

All sorted before May is over and we don’t have Houston in charge to replace him with a released United/Hibs player.

Roll on the new signings.

Why are we so soft. Footballs a cut throat business. If we wanted him to stay then the option shouldve been activated whether he liked it or not. Hed have been pissed off for a couple of weeks and then got his head down for the season ahead. If any clubs wanted him  they shouldve then been forced to meet the comp value. Hartley and co better have players of at least the same ability lined up or this could prove to be one almighty feck up.

And this move has nowt to do with cash . He'll be on peanuts at livie compared to the other top flight clubs and probably on not much more than we offered.

Edited by Shodwall cat

He used the club last year after whoring himself out the full summer. Not saying the club is totally blameless however Sibbald is not irreplaceable. Hartley said at one of his roadshows we had the option of the extra year but he would not take it if he felt Sibbald wasn’t committed which he clearly isn’t. This is the best move for both parties whether people like or not.

A situation which was of mutual value to both parties.
But I agree, Sibbald needs to at least get that one shot at the highest level in Scotland and we should be wishing him well.
Despite a few digs from Livi trolls on here, if both he and Miller are regulars in their team next season I’ll be watching their results with interest.

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Who's gone? Oh, right, okay then. Cheerio.emoji112.png

:lol:

You lot have went on and on about how good the guy is for years and then expect people to believe you don't care that he's packed it all in for Livingston?

Most worrying is that Hartley, with your biggest budget since the SPL days, couldn't convince a Falkirk fan to sign a new deal. I'm sure most sensible fans won't buy into the club's poor attempt at spin on the Facebook page.

Craig Sibbald is not as good as some say but I still don't think we'll be able to replace him with anywhere near the same ability(even if only shown inconsistently). But more than that, it's yet another player we're going to have to bring who'll take time to settle and gel with his teammates, so for that reason I'd have made him stay.

We must be looking at close to 15 players now coming in- no way is such a new squad going to win promotion. We've also lost yet another player who has experience of playing in this division, presumably to be replaced by someone from League 2 or similar in England. He may or may not be any good, but some people  seem to think that a player released from Stevenage for example will automatically be better than one released from Hearts, which is complete nonsense.

I am glad Hartley is expanding the scouting range and I think it might pay off but 1. It won't be next season and 2. There is a reason these players aren't good enough for Morecambe/Port Vale, and we're just as likely to bring in a dud by this method as Houston's. Dennon Lewis for example scored 4 goals in 27 appearances for Woking  followed by 0 in 10 for Port Vale. If he'd played for Hibs with that record, the signing would've been castigated, yet we're getting rid of players who are at least proven at this level to replace them with players who aren't obviously any better.

It's a big risk and I hope it pays off but it will take time and Hartley and the BoD shouldn't be given a free pass that Houston wasn't.

Edited by EdiBairn

Some over the top stuff on here. He clearly didn't want to stay so he moved on and we got a fee. Glad it is sorted early on so we can plan without him. 

He was probably one of the highest paid at the club so good wage freed up added to the small fee we got for him will add to Hartleys kitty.

Craig Sibbald is not as good as some say but I still don't think we'll be able to replace him with anywhere near the same ability(even if only shown inconsistently). But more than that, it's yet another player we're going to have to bring who'll take time to settle and gel with his teammates, so for that reason I'd have made him stay.
We must be looking at close to 15 players now coming in- no way is such a new squad going to win promotion. We've also lost yet another player who has experience of playing in this division, presumably to be replaced by someone from League 2 or similar in England. He may or may not be any good, but some people  seem to think that a player released from Stevenage for example will automatically be better than one released from Hearts, which is complete nonsense.
I am glad Hartley is expanding the scouting range and I think it might pay off but 1. It won't be next season and 2. There is a reason these players aren't good enough for Morecambe/Port Vale, and we're just as likely to bring in a dud by this method as Houston's. Dennon Lewis for example scored 4 goals in 27 appearances for Woking  followed by 0 in 10 for Port Vale. If he'd played for Hibs with that record, the signing would've been castigated, yet we're getting rid of players who are at least proven at this level to replace them with players who aren't obviously any better.
It's a big risk and I hope it pays off but it will take time and Hartley and the BoD shouldn't be given a free pass that Houston wasn't.

Hope you are wrong, but I must admit I’ve had my doubts about a significant change in squad being able to gel quickly enough to challenge for the title this season.
Play-offs are the best I expect but it could be by that point the players have gelled well enough to be serious promotion contenders.