The Falkirk FC Thread

Or simply install someone in the club in a bogus position to oversee questionable cash going in, pay the government 20% of it as VAT, and hey presto, for that meagre 20% government handling fee, questionable cash becomes legit. It’s a story old as time, beauty and the beast.

Russian billionaires buy properties in London via Caribbean shell companies to hide their money, then sell a few years later at a profit to launder the money.

If I was a cynical man I'd suggest that the same was attempted in Scotland with a certain club, but the guy forgot he needed money to run the club in the meantime.

Raith Rovers were mixed up in it a decade or so ago, but it was so blindingly obvious, it unravelled pretty quickly.
I am sure anyone attempting the same sort of thing now would be a wee bit smarter about it.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I doubt Whyte or Green lost out. Utter crooks. Theres more than one way to make money out of a business and its not always conventional "success".

Which is a good job being that Sevco are fucking shite.

Whyte and Green weren't investors.

Both new how to take the loyal for a ride.

28 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Raith Rovers were mixed up in it a decade or so ago, but it was so blindingly obvious, it unravelled pretty quickly.
I am sure anyone attempting the same sort of thing now would be a wee bit smarter about it.

The SFA are far too thorough for any crooks to take over at any Scottish club

Absolutely right. You just have to look through the key non playing employees of football clubs, and I would think the chances of finding anyone with a criminal past would be pretty remote.

Absolutely right. You just have to look through the key non playing employees of football clubs, and I would think the chances of finding anyone with a criminal past would be pretty remote.

It depends whether you mean convicted criminal of course. You may want to look closely into the past of a certain very wealthy owner of a London based EPL club to see that’s it still happening at the highest level. Blind eye gets constantly turned. Can’t think why...
And I doubt the SFA are any more thorough than the English FA.
Actually, make that more than one London based EPL club...

Money goes in, club loses money, owner claims money back as a business loss, club gives him shares in return for investment. Owner then sells shares, makes profit, then makes more money when he gets his losses deferred against next years tax bill. 

ICAS tutor.

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You don't have to have a criminal record to be a criminal though. Kinda falls apart when you start looking at Dave King. 

5 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

ICAS tutor.

Not really, no. That is pretty much how chunks of the tax law work though. If it didn't, there would be a noticeable lack of people throwing money at clubs.

61 days to the start of the new season, the same time a group of women took to walk across the Antarctic. Presumably they did it faster than Captain Scott because they stopped to ask for directions. 
Although I think I have greenied everyone of these, I dont believe I have personally thanked you.

Thank you.