The Falkirk FC Thread

Nothing to do with the rest of the board. He's appointed by the directors to run the club which he's clearly not doing well if he's letting matters like this slip.
Does running the club not include regularly speaking with / discussing events with the rest of the BOD? Ridiculous to suggest he has a free hand in his actions without the approval of his colleagues in the Boardroom.

By the way BPM "sack his sorry ass" is unacceptable use of American shitey patter!

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

Our wonderful board missed the deadline to invoke Sibbalds option by 2 days,he wanted to go anyway so it would not have been right forcing him to stay.

Perhaps not but surely we couldve asked for more cash for him if he was under contract. If true the ceo should be  out on his ear.

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

Our wonderful board missed the deadline to invoke Sibbalds option by 2 days.

Has this been confirmed anywhere Keithgy?  

There seems to be a lot of people online claiming it as a fact, but so far nobody has offered up any evidence to prove it. Or given the name of a source who would have intimate knowledge of contract negotiations.

Football admin, for want of a better description, is handled by office staff. There have been three separate people doing that role over the last couple of years. (The staff have changed due to the previous postholders moving on.) The CEO would have oversight but I doubt he'd be the one monitoring expiry dates of contracts, suspensions etc.  I'm totally speculating here, but if FFC are like any normal company then I imagine these things are flagged up as part of office processes and then reviewed on a weekly or monthly basis. And if the process fails then the CEO would be held responsible as he's in charge of the staff who implement it.

I just have my doubts that it did fail and that we missed a deadline and lost our best player because of it.

If you have any knowledge to prove me wrong, I'd love to hear it.

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There seems to be a lot of people online claiming it as a fact, but so far nobody has offered up any evidence to prove it. Or given the name of a source who would have intimate knowledge of contract negotiations.

The answer to that is going to be ‘no’.

It seems to be have repeated so often that it has become a fact now though.

The answer to that is going to be ‘no’.
It seems to be have repeated so often that it has become a fact now though.

This “deadline” has been missed by a day, 2 days and a week so far according to that COYB page on Facebook.

Perhaps not but surely we couldve asked for more cash for him if he was under contract. If true the ceo should be  out on his ear.

Ehm, really don’t want to spoil the PH party here, but if we are laying blame here for non invocation of contract, doesn’t anyone think that the manager of the clubs first team players would have a level of responsibility too here or is everything bad with our club the CEO/Boards fault and everything good that of our latest manager?
I’m not laying blame as I know no facts here but I wish people would stop laying blame without factual information.
Surely the only known fact that cannot be countered is that Sibbald wanted to leave and the last thing our club needs is disgruntled players again...

Im pretty sure in the past these types of thing where the responsibility of the club secretary. ( not sure if we have one or not )
I dont think the manager should have anything to do with looking over contracts etc.... except in cases where he decides how long a contract he wants to give certain players.

Football admin, for want of a better description, is handled by office staff. There have been three separate people doing that role over the last couple of years. (The staff have changed due to the previous postholders moving on.) The CEO would have oversight but I doubt he'd be the one monitoring expiry dates of contracts, suspensions etc.  I'm totally speculating here, but if FFC are like any normal company then I imagine these things are flagged up as part of office processes and then reviewed on a weekly or monthly basis. And if the process fails then the CEO would be held responsible as he's in charge of the staff who implement it.
I just have my doubts that it did fail and that we missed a deadline and lost our best player because of it.
If you have any knowledge to prove me wrong, I'd love to hear it.

If you are in doubt go ask. You are around the club often enough, well you were when we were signing players.

60 days until the start of the new season - the lifespan of an ant.
Lets talk more about ants, on the basis that it would surely be better than another day of Craig Sibbalds contract.

I like leafcutter ants. Wee grafters.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

If you are in doubt go ask. You are around the club often enough, well you were when we were signing players.

Maybe I have, and can't find anyone to support the story. Which would hardly be surprising as if people HAD screwed up I wouldn't expect them to be broadcasting it.

Hence why I say "in doubt" rather than "didn't happen".  And I'm quite willing to be persuaded otherwise. All you have to do is tell me the person I should be asking.

Let's be honest no deadline over Sibbalds contract was missed. He just simply wanted away from the club now to try something new. 
As someone else said say it enough and people will start believing the bull s***.

Or you could say those believing the deadline was not missed will believe any bullshit.

I am in the camp an error was made.

Maybe I have, and can't find anyone to support the story. Which would hardly be surprising as if people HAD screwed up I wouldn't expect them to be broadcasting it.
Hence why I say "in doubt" rather than "didn't happen".  And I'm quite willing to be persuaded otherwise. All you have to do is tell me the person I should be asking.

Don’t be shy. Ask a Director. After all they are always straight with the supporters.

Where do you stand with the “biggest budget ever in the championship” statement?