The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Rugster said:

There's going to be some spontaneous combustion on here I think if we don't announce a signing today.

I'm first in line for that,I've had a tab with the club twitter page open on the work computer for the past week waiting on some signing news. 

4 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I'm first in line for that,I've had a tab with the club twitter page open on the work computer for the past week waiting on some signing news. 

I do this as well...saw the notification of a new tweet (1) and got really excited....stupid post about season ticket sales

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This thread is now on the "popular now" banner. Shame for any Bairns coming in here thinking there is news. 

Of course, inane posts like this one dont help it to drop off the popular banner.....

This thread should permanently be in that banner anyway. Aw aboot the Fawkurk.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I believe the club made an error. Heard it from too many now including people close to him.

Backing that up was why go through the hassle of last summer forcing the lad to sign including an option to protect our right to a fee and a few months later see him go for nothing if you were in a place to sign him again on the same money. Doesn’t add up that bit.

Hartley said on more than one occasion that Sibbs was his main man and wanted him. Is he telling porkies?

It is no surprise Sibbs wanted to leave, he wanted to go last summer. He signed a deal with an option however to effectively do two seasons provided we wanted him and we administrated it correctly.

If we made an error I would much rather we admitted that than try and make it out Sibbs wanted away, as I said we all knew that anyway.

Do I think someone should get hunted for it? Not really mistakes happen. Just be straight about it. Too much flannel been dished out over the years which has lead to a support divided and pretty cynical.

One error is one thing but our CEO seems to be making a habit of feck ups.

12 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Perhaps not but surely we couldve asked for more cash for him if he was under contract. If true the ceo should be  out on his ear.

Id like to know how that would work with only Livvy in for him with a minimal fee

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Backing that up was why go through the hassle of last summer forcing the lad to sign including an option to protect our right to a fee and a few months later see him go for nothing if you were in a place to sign him again on the same money. Doesn’t add up that bit.

Hartley said on more than one occasion that Sibbs was his main man and wanted him. Is he telling porkies?

It is no surprise Sibbs wanted to leave, he wanted to go last summer. He signed a deal with an option however to effectively do two seasons provided we wanted him and we administrated it correctly.

If we made an error I would much rather we admitted that than try and make it out Sibbs wanted away, as I said we all knew that anyway.

Do I think someone should get hunted for it? Not really mistakes happen. Just be straight about it. Too much flannel been dished out over the years which has lead to a support divided and pretty cynical.

The club went through the hassle last season of signing Sibbald up on the contract in August may I remind you because it could've meant £s other than say cheerio.

Ive never heard Hartley say Sibbs was our main man at the Btw meeting he seen him as a player behind the striker(s) but never said main man, I cant speak for other meetings but I dont recall him saying he was the main man in any interviews either.

What Hartley has said at meetings is he wants him if he wants to be here and if he doesn't he can go

Two ways I think we can look at it regarding the increase of wage offer

1. There has been a fuk up with contract

2. He is getting more money at Livvy and stated that as one of the reasons for going, so we maybe either got close or matched the extra £s to show we wanted him to stay

Unless we get an official statement regarding the contract, we will never know and as it is now, its all hearsay

I also dont get why the repeated attack at club for blaming Sibbs wanting to leave, isnt that 100% correct by going to Livvy its 110% correct. I really dont know how you would want the club to report the story.

The end of the day Sibbs wanted to go, he hardly kicked a ball last season, left us in nowhere land without him till he realised we held the cards to him playing again after he left to try and win a contract elsewhere and couldnt. He has now has ended up at Livvy, if thats his ambition then fair play to him. I would rather have players looking to better themselves much higher than Livvy play for us or stay with us and the contract issue is just a side issue to the above that is pointless