The Falkirk FC Thread

I know George Craig signed off a 6yr deal with Puma in 2011 but I believe another deal was signed off by the previous acting CEO with Puma before he left. Not sure when it’s up tbh.

2020 I think

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Poverty club though tbf, couldn't even keep Sibbs

Poverty team, couldn't persuade their manager to hang around in the top flight. And also, the kings of admin :thumsup2

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Andy Barrowman is the brand manager/marketing person for Joma.  Expect people just swoon when he walks to discuss signing with Joma. 

Basically the footballing equivalent of putting pictures of women on the back of peanut displays in pubs then?

Probably one of the Edinburgh or Glasgow lot, before a wee team moved into his bizarre new town.

Not before. Their original harvesting of local OF and Hearts & Hibs marginal supporters was based around cheap tickets underpinned by rampant debt building and ripping off a lottery winner for every penny he had. When the gravy train ground to a halt, the support disappeared virtually overnight.

After Admin 1, they did exactly the same thing again, but the support stuck with their original clubs, and along came Admin 2.

Incredibly, they did it again, and ran up £1.7 million debts leading into this season, but said not to worry, all the debt would be converted to shares.....which didn’t happen.

They must have some sort of guardian angel, as without this promotion, they were perilously close to running out of road yet again.

Wonder in they’ll use the top flight windfall to pay back some debt, or if they will simply piss it all away again? I would think Martindale’s circle of friends will be overjoyed.

I do wonder where certain clubs (Rangers, Sevco, Dundee and Livi) always manage to find "investors" who are desperate to give away cash on some wild fantasy idea that they will get more than they put in?

I've heard it be said they can't be that stupid if they have plenty dough in the bank yet there they are investing in teams that have failed over and over again and repeating the same mistake.

What is the definition of insanity again?

These people don't lose money. Football clubs can be  very attractive to certain business types with very large amounts of cash swilling around. Money launderer's paradise.
I doubt Whyte or Green lost out. Utter crooks. Theres more than one way to make money out of a business and its not always conventional "success".

Which is a good job being that Sevco are fucking shite.

Money goes in, club loses money, owner claims money back as a business loss, club gives him shares in return for investment. Owner then sells shares, makes profit, then makes more money when he gets his losses deferred against next years tax bill.