The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

Lot happening today over your way lads?

Naw?

I would say given the week of news you lot have had you'd be praying for a quiet day with no announcements. Who you sacking next? The pie stand staff?  Replacing all the food you serve with our 3 week old rejected bovril and half eaten bags of crisps?

43 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Froxylias would be a garbage signing. In and out that rotten Dumbarton team. COYB though eh.

If you can afford a complete luxury player who does not work off the ball at all and play him in the centre of the park, I reckon he'd do quite well. It was his lack of defensive work and poor fitness which led to him being left out of our team, in a team attacking and pushing for the top end of the league he could work, full time training may help with the fitness too. I understand the pessimism though, he's a player who can spank one in from anywhere but his decision making can be poor.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If you can afford a complete luxury player who does not work off the ball at all and play him in the centre of the park, I reckon he'd do quite well. It was his lack of defensive work and poor fitness which led to him being left out of our team, in a team attacking and pushing for the top end of the league he could work, full time training may help with the fitness too. I understand the pessimism though, he's a player who can spank one in from anywhere but his decision making can be poor.

To be most candid, that sounds like half of every midfield we have ever had. 

20 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

I would say given the week of news you lot have had you'd be praying for a quiet day with no announcements. Who you sacking next? The pie stand staff?  Replacing all the food you serve with our 3 week old rejected bovril and half eaten bags of crisps?

Stephens employ their own staff on the catering outlets. So we'll not be sacking any 'pie stand staff.

Excellent week so far actually. Shaping up nicely.

Could be quite an interesting move or could be another Hippolyte.

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Could be quite an interesting move or could be another Hippolyte.

Hippo was a good player when we actually played with wide players. PH pretty much admitted that he was sold due to us not playing with wingers.

14 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Stephens employ their own staff on the catering outlets. So we'll not be sacking any 'pie stand staff.

Excellent week so far actually. Shaping up nicely.

So far in De Nile you can't even see the crocodiles..

6 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

So far in De Nile you can't even see the crocodiles..

To be fair you usually attempt some gash level of banter or light abuse, but that is just f*ckin rank :-)

5 minutes ago, Piracy said:

To be fair you usually attempt some gash level of banter or light abuse, but that is just f*ckin rank :-)

Alrighty then. Care to explain how doing nothing but losing players and resigning Higgy counts as a good week?

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Anyone know much about Scott Harrison we have signed.

I picture him as a wee, jakey boxer.

Big jakey boxer, he's 6'2" and doesn't look like he's scared of hamstrings.

Just now, DeeBairn said:

Alrighty then. Care to explain how doing nothing but losing players and resigning Higgy counts as a good week?

Higgy is a popular but slightly frustrating player.

He loves the Pars and regardless of what kind of contribution (sublime or murder) he's made, he's 100%. Goal assists are impressive and pitches in with goals.

Most Pars fans are more than happy he has re-signed.

Joe Thomson,  is a promising young player with a bit of experience now in this league. Should fit in well with Beadling (quality) in midfield.

Successful Plaque and a Pint initiative last night at the Old Inn, birth place of the Pars. 

Successful strip launch today and the season ticket sales are up on this time last year I'm told.

Last point from Planet Pars is still some life and a bit of hope of Faissal coming back. Mind you support split on that one, but I'd take him back in a minute.

All positive in my book.

As for losing players, it happens at all clubs. Morris was the only one that pis$ed me off. 

9 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Big jakey boxer, he's 6'2" and doesn't look like he's scared of hamstrings.

So you're admitting he's a jakey.  Nice one bro

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

Higgy is a popular but slightly frustrating player.

He loves the Pars and regardless of what kind of contribution (sublime or murder) he's made, he's 100%. Goal assists are impressive and pitches in with goals.

Most Pars fans are more than happy he has re-signed.

Joe Thomson,  is a promising young player with a bit of experience now in this league. Should fit in well with Beadling (quality) in midfield.

Successful Plaque and a Pint initiative last night at the Old Inn, birth place of the Pars. 

Successful strip launch today and the season ticket sales are up on this time last year I'm told.

Last point from Planet Pars is still some life and a bit of hope of Faissal coming back. Mind you support split on that one, but I'd take him back in a minute.

All positive in my book.

As for losing players, it happens at all clubs. Morris was the only one that pis$ed me off. 

He's kissed the badge of every club he's ever played at, so he's either easily pleased or full of shite. 

The rest is business as usual and frankly clutching at straws.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

He's kissed the badge of every club he's ever played at, so he's either easily pleased or full of shite. 

You asked I answered. 

Only straws being clutched will be the one hanging out my Mojito tonight up the toun.

Have a nice evening.

Gonnae engage that arsehole in anything sensible please... For all our sakes.

Thx x