The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
29 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:
Come October, Longridge will be injured, Hippo will have forced a transfer request after being racially abused again and Craigen will be on loan at Raith.

Kkcccchhhhhhh. All I hear is salty Falkirk tears dripping.

Nah, not at all. Louis loves an injury. You guys love a bit of racist abuse. And Craigen will either dissapear again or just end up annoying Johnstone to the point he pumps him out.

I feel some fans may be underestimating how difficult it is for a brand new team to gel

Just comparing us to Inverness of last season who did something similar to what we are doing this season...they brought in something like 12 players 7 of them were not from the Scottish leagues,  and it took them time to get up to speed and gel.

There first quarter results below

image.thumb.png.619ce5729301c861c7b080505c94c9de.png

The next quarter they won 5 of the 9 games which isnt bad

Have a look at the final round of games. 

image.png.f4bbf760605a076624b0c4bb137a2bac.png

Nah, not at all. Louis loves an injury. You guys love a bit of racist abuse. And Craigen will either dissapear again or just end up annoying Johnstone to the point he pumps him out.
Maybe he will, we've got strength in depth to cope without him.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

You only have to look at the size of squad to know that our budget is pretty substantial this season.We've got a squad of nearly 30 players .Players arent going to relocate  from down south for peanuts  . I would be amazed if the budget Hartley has isnt about the biggest after  the first season we came down.

If you look at the size of the squad you'll see that it's not actually that much different from last season.

Out since May - 14 senior pros, or non-youth players. (Thomson, Grant, Taiwo, Watson, Tumilty, Hazard, Blair, Nelson, Jakubiak, Longridge, Welsh, Sibbald, Loy & Blues.

In since May - 15 senior pros. Can't be bothered listing them as I shouldn't need to.

The main difference is in the amount of youth / reserve players. Six departed and only one has come in.

This years squad is smaller. And that's before you take into account the three whom we'd presumably like to get off the books.

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If you look at the size of the squad you'll see that it's not actually that much different from last season.

Out since May - 14 senior pros, or non-youth players. (Thomson, Grant, Taiwo, Watson, Tumilty, Hazard, Blair, Nelson, Jakubiak, Longridge, Welsh, Sibbald, Loy & Blues.

In since May - 15 senior pros. Can't be bothered listing them as I shouldn't need to.

The main difference is in the amount of youth / reserve players. Six departed and only one has come in.

This years squad is smaller. And that's before you take into account the three whom we'd presumably like to get off the books.

It's a very small squad. I don't think some people realise the non first team guys that have left. Kinda why I chuckle when people say stuff like "why have we signed another midfielder/target man?" because quite simply there isn't anyone left in the reserves apart from rookies and outcasts.

Just noticed, is @Bainsfordbairn a Star Trek fan? Just asking as all the old youth/reserve players seem to be in red shirts? "Send the rookies down to the planet, etc"

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

By the time that comes around I would expect you guys to be bitching about the rank inconsistency of Longridge and Hippo and wondering why Craigen has disappeared without trace.

Ah, you're forgetting that Louis has his brother in the same team now and everyone feels better wearing the black and white. Longridge brothers already have a song as well, which obviously means success.

Hippo is already quite popular, which just shows you how fickle football supporters can be. Even though the vast majority weren't racially abusing him last season, most folk were booing his every touch vociferously. Was surreal to hear him being adored.

16 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

It's a very small squad. I don't think some people realise the non first team guys that have left. Kinda why I chuckle when people say stuff like "why have we signed another midfielder/target man?" because quite simply there isn't anyone left in the reserves apart from rookies and outcasts.

Just noticed, is @Bainsfordbairn a Star Trek fan? Just asking as all the old youth/reserve players seem to be in red shirts? "Send the rookies down to the planet, etc"

We have eight youth players at the moment. Five who came through the ranks at FVFA a year ago, Mutch & Laverty who were recruited last summer and Young who came in this summer. When the Reserve League starts they'll be supplemented by first teamers who didn't play on the Saturday.

Not sure about the strips. So far they've played in both last years home and away strips and this years away. Might just be a case of what's available on the day.

Guest Back Post Misses
Weve been down here a decade WITH an academy. The days of selling players for a small fortune ended when we joined the forth valley academy. Who was the last academy player we sold for more than buttons anyway?

Gallacher in January for 200k plus add ons

Guest Back Post Misses
I'm fine with this strategy even if it doesn't work. Was worth the punt. 
We've had a decade of mediocrity under the previous academy plus jobbers plan.

This is the 4/5th strategy since relegation with respect.

1. Kept the vast majority of the relegated pool to gamble on going up. Fail
2. Ripped out a shed load of heads filled our team with kids plus Darren Dodds. Fail
3. Sold all the assets to repay people who lost the money in the first place and put a wee bit more into the pool but still sell players. Fail
4. Re-invest in 2 players per position to have completion for places. Fail
5. Shut the academy and bring in guys with public park experience to win the league. I would wager fail.

The constant in all that? MR and SA.

I rest the prosecution case.

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

I may have blinkers on but up to the weekend, had I been asked for my favourite player so far, I’d have said Petravicius to be honest emoji102.png.

He's one of those players that if he learns how to use his speed to beat the first guy, then stick an early ball in, he could be a fucking cult legend. Not a proper legend, but like Falkirks answer to Didier Agathe. Pace to burn, but the crosses either land on the strikers head, or in the car park.:lol:

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

This is the 4/5th strategy since relegation with respect.

1. Kept the vast majority of the relegated pool to gamble on going up. Fail
2. Ripped out a shed load of heads filled our team with kids plus Darren Dodds. Fail
3. Sold all the assets to repay people who lost the money in the first place and put a wee bit more into the pool but still sell players. Fail
4. Re-invest in 2 players per position to have completion for places. Fail
5. Shut the academy and bring in guys with public park experience to win the league. I would wager fail.

The constant in all that? MR and SA.

I rest the prosecution case.

I'll get the rifle, you find a suitable wall. I'll meet you just before dawn.

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I may have blinkers on but up to the weekend, had I been asked for my favourite player so far, I’d have said Petravicius to be honest emoji102.png.

He does seem to be coming in for some heavy flak since Saturday. From what I seen, a combination of ICT sitting pretty deep and us failing to move the ball quickly enough to have any opportunities to put a ball in behind and put him in a foot race against LB meant that he couldnt have looked good. Not every game will be like that though. 

But hey, maybe I am just slow on the uptake and need more than one game to make a call....