The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Dennon Lewis said when he signed he’s always been more of a winger and it was only really last year he was encouraged to play more up front.

Every team in Scotland could do with a ‘Will Vaulks type’ in their team. If another player of that quality was available there is no chance we would be able to afford him.

If Lewis is a left winger then we're in even more trouble than I thought as he has looked totally out of his comfort zone when played there so far.   I said a will vaulks type player . No we'll not get one as good as he is but surely we should be able to pick someone up that can stamp a bit of authority on the midfield.   Look at the guy Beadling Dunfermline picked up. 6ft 1 strong in the tackle and not afraid to drive forward. There are players out there you just need to have a decent recruitment system to pick them up.

Exactly what they said about Harris last season.

[emoji23]

Right, so ‘cause Alex Harris was shite last year that means every winger we sign is shite unless they have a great debut?

Petravicius might end up being worse than Harris. He also could go on to have a great season. Far too early to write off any of the new signings.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Difference is Harris career he has played in Scotland the whole time the other young lads its different, its not U23s for them, bear in mind some  of them are only 19 and first time away from in another town/country and in this case playing football with 15 other blokes they just met a month and a half ago.

Petra is 22 and has spent the majority of his pro career in england or scotland so doesnt really have that excuse.  The rest need to man up quick as the scottish championship isnt the place for players not willing to tough it out.

And so far he's been exactly the player Motherwell fans told us he would be so I'm not simply basing it on one game.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Russ said:

emoji23.png

Right, so ‘cause Alex Harris was shite last year that means every winger we sign is shite unless they have a great debut?

Petravicius might end up being worse than Harris. He also could go on to have a great season. Far too early to write off any of the new signings.

Too much sense in that post am i on the right thread ..... :lol:

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

emoji23.png

No but I'm trusting me own instincts like I did with Harris. If I'm wrong and I hope I am I'll be the first to say I made a horlicks of it with him.

Paton, Toe, Sammut, Irving, Mckee, Kidd,. None of them are overly physical or  have exactly blistering pace.  Most of them I would put in the bracket of tidy players  of the type we've had in abundance over the past few seasons.  We desperately need a Vaulks type who can drive the side forward with a bit of pace and power and a may,taylor  or alston type whose going to bag you a few goals over the course of the season.   I'm all for having players that can play in different positions but the starter in every position should be playing in their favoured position and not one they can simply do a job in. 
Can you post the heights of TOE, Irving and Sammut please? And let me know when you became aware that none of them will tackle.

Paton was signed to be a dirty b*****d so lets forget him.

Kidd and McKee I know about.

So just the top three will do.

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Jesus Shodwall. You've judged a lot of players there based on a few performances. Let's give them a bit of time before you write them off

I've not judged all of them I've judged the type of player they are apart from petra and Turner who look way short of being good enough.  I just feel a bit more variety in the middle of the park is required.  As I said over the last couple of seasons we seem to have had a glut of similar midfielders . Tidy players but no real goal threat or physical dominance.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Can you post the heights of TOE, Irving and Sammut please? And let me know when you became aware that none of them will tackle.

Paton was signed to be a dirty b*****d so lets forget him.

Kidd and McKee I know about.

So just the top three will do.

When I said small I didnt just mean in terms of height although I'd be surprised if any of them are over 6 foot.  Paton is okay as  sitting mdifielder but he's hardly the type to win the ball and drive forward with it. He's a win the ball and play it short type.  I'm just not sure any of the other three will dominate a midfield. Irving looks a player but pretty lightweight . I'm not sure what TOE adds to be honest and Sammut looked a bit lost in the games I've seen so far.

When I said small I didnt just mean in terms of height although I'd be surprised if any of them are over 6 foot.  Paton is okay as  sitting mdifielder but he's hardly the type to win the ball and drive forward with it. He's a win the ball and play it short type.  I'm just not sure any of the other three will dominate a midfield. Irving looks a player but pretty lightweight . I'm not sure what TOE adds to be honest and Sammut looked a bit lost in the games I've seen so far.
How many times have you watched Sammut? So far I havent seen him.

Irving doesnt look small or lightweight to me. He also looks the type that will try to get the ball moving forward.

TOE looks tidy on the ball but would like to see him in support of 2 up top rather than 1.

What I can say for sure is that I know I havent seen anywhere enough of him or others to either praise them or write them off. Fair play to you if you have gone and found game footage of them all and really done your homework though.

Have you?

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Paton, Toe, Sammut, Irving, Mckee, Kidd,. None of them are overly physical or  have exactly blistering pace.  Most of them I would put in the bracket of tidy players  of the type we've had in abundance over the past few seasons.  We desperately need a Vaulks type who can drive the side forward with a bit of pace and power and a may,taylor  or alston type whose going to bag you a few goals over the course of the season.   I'm all for having players that can play in different positions but the starter in every position should be playing in their favoured position and not one they can simply do a job in. 

You may be dissapointed. 

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How many times have you watched Sammut? So far I havent seen him.

Irving doesnt look small or lightweight to me. He also looks the type that will try to get the ball moving forward.

TOE looks tidy on the ball but would like to see him in support of 2 up top rather than 1.

What I can say for sure is that I know I havent seen anywhere enough of him or others to either praise them or write them off. Fair play to you if you have gone and found game footage of them all and really done your homework though.

Have you?

I've seen Sammut in the majority of games hes played so far.  Irving apart none of the others have stood out as being anything special.  Again tidy but no better than the guys we've had since Alston and Vaulks left.I may be totally wrong about Petra and Turner . I may be totally wrong about the fact we badly need a dominant midfielder. Time will tell and if I am then your quite entitled to come back to me and tell me just as I did last season with a number of individuals who kept on telling me Harris was a player.

21 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

The only one I’m not convinced by was Turner, doesn’t even look like a football player.

Agree with this. All the rest - some requiring more time than others - will do a good job at this level. How long did Leahy, Vaulks etc take to adapt to playing first team football? Even Jak last season. The hand-wringing from some on here is hilarious 

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

This anti Turner stuff is based on what? Don’t think he has been on the park very much

Every time he has been on the park he has looked like a boy lost, no matter what position. I can appreciate some players taking longer than others to settle in, but given that he is only on a 6 month loan time isn't exactly on his side.