The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bairn Necessities said:

Yer weekly reminder that we paid a fee for Mackin.

A fee.

Paid by us.

For Mackin.

Another reminder that he is probably currently and will possibly end the season, as our top scorer. 

21 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Hartley has shown he can see where the problems are during a game and change it which is great because Houston couldn't do that. All he needs to do now is get his starting 11 right and we'll have a great chance of winning games.

I wasn't there today but after what I seen last week and what I've read, I'd dropped Dallison and play Aero with Harrison, McGhee to right back and Robson/Russell at left back

Have a virtual green.

44 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I take it you confronted all of these supporters who have so obviously offended your uberfan w****r sensibilities today? Or did you just crap yourself and decide to act the big man on this forum instead? I think I can probably guess.

^^^ the c**t behind @Bairnardo

Hartley needs to play a formation that can get goals not this 1 up top 

play players in proper positions and stop hanging some out to dry with the support 

many of the new players are worse that what he let go

Dallison not as good as Grant

get Muirhead to centre half with Harrison

get 2 out and out strikers on the park

when we have done this in spells we are okay 

get players playing in strongest position and get some results

Right you fuckaz. The visiting fans' patter is chronic, and I'd like to forget all about today. I'm back at work on Monday, so I'll do the top 3 tomorrow. In the meantime, here is net bulger number 5.

This guy scored a not-inconsiderable 59 goals for us from 1973 to 1977. We were pish and spiralling slowly down into the old Second Division (third and bottom tier). His two brothers also played for us around that time, but he was by far the most successful. It's 

John "Jocky" Whiteford.

Sad talentless display no guile no invention, no creation. Probably already no chance of winning this league. Most of the blame should be with the board to whom most of the above adjectives apply equally if not more. 

Hem, no. Most of the blame tonight lies with Hartley’s team selection.
However the choice of certain players is starting to be a cause for concern and the blame for that lies with Hartley as much as with the board.

McGhee is so overhyped by some of our support. He’s been ok for us since he joined, that’s about it.

If Robson isn’t a left back then what position is he? Don’t say left wing back cause that’s exactly the same, and he is even that good going forward.

Hartley mentioned a change of shape and going 2 up top. Then subsequently took off Mackin for Froxy going back to 1 up top. Lewis drifted wide and left us with no striker in the box. Wild.

Hartley did say he would always play 2 up top at the fans meetings. Yet to see it this season.

Guest Back Post Misses

However the choice of certain players is starting to be a cause for concern and the blame for that lies with Hartley as much as with the board.

It absolutely lies with Hartley. These are his players.

What frustrates me is that we have changed manager and changed policy as often yet still nowhere nearer getting out of this league. Since going down we have seen Dunfermline, Ross County, Dundee, Hamilton and Livingston go up. Only Dundee have more people through their gates than us out of that lot.

As some point maybe the penny will drop where the real problem lies. The Unambitious, disinterested and non football people making the decisions. In that respect Stainrod is 100% right.

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

All the blame tonight should lie with Hartley

Number 4 on the list.

Or should I say Number 7, because that's what he'll always be associated with.

He played over 350 games for the club, and scored 60 times. But those bare facts are essentially meaningless because this guy was Falkirk for what, two? generations of fans at least. He signed from Camelon Juniors in 1983, and on his debut, he utterly tormented the international full back playing for Leeds United. He starred on the wing for us for two seasons, before moving to Chelsea and picking up silverware at Wembley there (MOTM in the final of course). He came back for a bit on loan, but despite some inspired performances, sadly we took the drop from the Premier Division in 1988.

He came back properly in 1991 and was amazing again, but when we got relegated again, filthy Leithian lucre tempted him to Easter Road. By that of course, I mean the club needed the cash! Needless to say, he excelled there too, although that also meant against us on occasion.

He finally joined FFC for the fourth and final time halfway through 1996/97 when Totten came in after Bannon's awful spell. He galvanised a directionless team and drove us on to the Scottish Cup final for the first time in 40 years.

Over the next 5 seasons, budgets got cut, star players left, but this guy toiled away, essentially our representative on the park. I generally hate that "one of our own" chat, but it is true in this case. The legs slowed, but the brain was as sharp as ever.

Of course, the time came to part, and he took up the player/manager role at Albion Rovers in 2002. I used to work with the East Fife gaffer at the time, Jim Moffat, and he used to tell me our guy was still the best player on the park. He was subbed off every game, regular as clockwork, on the 60th minute. Sadly it was not a very successful spell at Cliftonhill.

I've purposefully avoided including youtube clips or photos in this rundown. Go and look these players up yourself if you're (hopefully) interested. But for this player, look up his goal v Huntly. Look at him making Amoruso more of a twat than normal. LOOK UP HIS GOAL IN THE CUP SEMI V HEARTS. There's probably more. Younger fans need to know why we make such a fuss about him.

For some time in about 1992/93 he was the best player in the top flight. No exaggeration. And the top flight was very strong back then. The fact he was never selected for Scotland is an eternal stain on the Scotland managers of the time.

Kevin "Crunchie" McAllister.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn