The Falkirk FC Thread

dear oh dear........hartley's beginning to strike me as a manager who hasn't got a clue what he's doing.......selections all over the place, tactics all wrong......throwing darts at a dart board and hoping for the best. Where's the clear style/tactics/the solid formation and team selection????

only irving greenwood and harrison got pass marks for me today, so much for getting 'great finds' from down south.

He need to cut out the first half bullshit. Sensible back four, two up front. 

Worrying that taking off a highly rated Chelsea midfielder and replacing him with a Gateshead winger made all the difference. 

He'll buy himself goodwill if he at least puts out a team that isn't beaten from the start. If he does that back four again, I'll supply the pike for his head. 

Needs to be a back four of 

McGhee Muirhead/Dallison Harrison Robson/Russell. 

If not he can f**k off. He can take Paton with him. 

The problem is that Hartley has a difficult job. When a club is on the way up it needs a. Leader in the boardroom as well as in the dug out and on the park. All three need to be aligned and determined to succeed. We have a committee running the club. In the boardroom the main shareholder has passed the buck. In the dug out the manager is isolated and is working more in hope than expectation. On the park "our leader" means we'll and tries hard. But everyone on hear knows he's average so that's where we will end up average at best. We need a clear out in the board room. Most successfull clubs have a strong leader a ruthless businessman who is used to winning and won't settle for less and works closely with the manager to deliver that success, sharing responsibility for that achieving our goals. Remember Fulston a rogue perhaps but a chancer who would take a risk. Football in Scotland is one step up from the dugs  There is no hope that  our nice meaning even mildly enthusiastic committee will lead us anywhere but mediocrity. The one thing we have is the best fans in this league who deserve better. If things don't improve dramatically we will need to Demand change,. 

I fear that Hartleys ability to pick and motivate a team is poor. Rumours of players falling out with the Don already. Robson although not a superstar is very competent at what he does. He is not injured as he is on the bench so why does he prefer a centre half over him ? Must be attitude and Hartley can only drop him not motivate him. Rumours of poor leadership skills are beginning to look correct sadly

I fear that Hartleys ability to pick and motivate a team is poor. Rumours of players falling out with the Don already. Robson although not a superstar is very competent at what he does. He is not injured as he is on the bench so why does he prefer a centre half over him ? Must be attitude and Hartley can only drop him not motivate him. Rumours of poor leadership skills are beginning to look correct sadly
I think the problem with Robson is he isn't a left back. Doesn't excuse the back 4 he's playing though

9 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Have we had rumours from anyone other than EdiBairn? 

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Fleetwood Mac?

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

Of course the big fear is now we are so absolutely hopeless, we will be subject to the shame of our 1st XI losing to Attilla's U-20's in the Challenge Cup.

Genuinely think I'd be done with fitba forever if that happened. We'd never get over that sort of a riddy.

The problem is that Hartley has a difficult job. When a club is on the way up it needs a. Leader in the boardroom as well as in the dug out and on the park. All three need to be aligned and determined to succeed. We have a committee running the club. In the boardroom the main shareholder has passed the buck. In the dug out the manager is isolated and is working more in hope than expectation. On the park "our leader" means we'll and tries hard. But everyone on hear knows he's average so that's where we will end up average at best. We need a clear out in the board room. Most successfull clubs have a strong leader a ruthless businessman who is used to winning and won't settle for less and works closely with the manager to deliver that success, sharing responsibility for that achieving our goals. Remember Fulston a rogue perhaps but a chancer who would take a risk. Football in Scotland is one step up from the dugs  There is no hope that  our nice meaning even mildly enthusiastic committee will lead us anywhere but mediocrity. The one thing we have is the best fans in this league who deserve better. If things don't improve dramatically we will need to Demand change,. 

Let's not use any boardroom nonsense to deflect from the utter pish that was served up on the pitch today. That was Hartley's players, captain, team, formation and tactics - the board can't be blamed for that.

Barring Irving for the last 30 minutes not 1 of those players were fit to wear the jersey.

Muirhead shouldn't play for us again at right back, he is truly awful and has had more than enough game-time there to show that is simply is not capable. Hartley's made the mistake of making him captain so will force him as long as he can get away with it.

Dallison needs to man-up, all style and absolutely zero substance so far.

The full-back issues are glaring.

Mackin is woeful, he makes Jordan White look like a footballer.

I've yet to see anything from Lewis to suggest that he's either a winger or a striker.