The Falkirk FC Thread

Here we go. Game underway, and no winner of Hartley’s starting eleven, so the jackpot rolls over to next week.

Anyone else think Hartley is no more certain of his best team than the vast majority of the support? Definitely seems like a mildly negative selection. More pick ‘n mix than Thornton’s Continental Selection.

We are definitely in need of a Bobby Robson ‘86 moment whereby we simply stumble across a selection that works.

This is properly brutal, no doubt about it. If Hartley thought things were progressing last week, I am curious to see where he reckons the green shoots of a future win are showing through this week.

are we allowed to wet our knickers now? out of the league cup at the first stage including a home defeat to montrose and currently sitting bottom of the league. the results are poor enough it's the way we are playing that's the biggest concern. there's not one of the players brought in that stand out to me

For those of a weak constitution and a pessimistic outlook, this side looks much much worse than last season’s outfit, and another relegation scrap is definitely on the cards.

For those made of stronger stuff and an optimistic outlook, this side could almost be as bad as last season’s outfit, and another relegation scrap just might be on the cards.

You have to laugh at this, you really do.

I guess the good news is that it’s only two. I reckon it could have been more than that. 

Yes, it’s only the second game, but collectively, this squad seem to have nothing at all about them. Hartley doesn’t really have long to sort it out (and be competitive), and really only a few months more than that to save his managerial career.

Expect the unexpected.

The signings brought in clearly haven't been of the quality required but Hartley has to take the blame as well. The defence played last week clearly didn't work. So what does he do, keeps the same one. One up front has never worked, so what does he do, plays one up front.

Sad talentless display no guile no invention, no creation. Probably already no chance of winning this league. Most of the blame should be with the board to whom most of the above adjectives apply equally if not more.