The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Fasan and Haber apart, I think you'd struggle to make an argument for any of them being an improvement.

Don't agree. For various reasons I would take Fasan, Harrison, Dallison, Russell, Petra, Greenwood, Sammut, Lewis and Haber over the options they've been paired with. I would also take young Irving but not at the expense of Sibbald.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't agree. For various reasons I would take Fasan, Harrison, Dallison, Russell, Petra, Greenwood, Sammut, Lewis and Haber over the options they've been paired with. I would also take young Irving but not at the expense of Sibbald.

Dallison has been a bomb scare so far and as someone who wanted Watson out the door for 2 seasons, I'd now have him back. Russell has only played 1 game but is he better than Robson? Not for me. Sammut has looked like a fish out of water so far, and Petra has looked no better than Harris.

56 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Nah I would absolutely love Davie. Crying out for him. Boi scores every week.

Would be a shocking signing for a family club to make. Endorsing a convicted rapist? No thanks. 

34 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Genuine question, matching this years new signings v their rough equivalent  from last year (either players who have left or players currently not playing regularly ), how many of them do you reckon have improved on what we had?

Fasan v Thompson

Harrison v Grant
Dallison v Watson
Brough v Robson
Russell v Kidd

Paton v Taiwo
Petravicius v Harris
Irving v Sibbald
Greenwood v Hippolyte
Owen-Evans v McKee
Sammut v Welsh
Froxilias v Longridge
Turner v O'Hara 

Lewis v Austin
Mackin v Miller
Haber v Loy

Fasan may not be an improvement. 

Harrison is fit and in the pitch, so is better than last seasons Grant. Maybe not the Grant from the season before last. 

Dallison I'm not sure about. Watson isn't very well thought of by his former clubs however. 

Brough looked dire, but is injured so who knows. 

Russell is an upgrade. 

Paton is slowly improving, isn't injured yet, so he has that in Taiwo. Not sure he'll ever be a better player though. 

Petravicius will at least run. I'm not sure Harris ever did much of anything last season. 

Irving is an improvement over last year's Sibbald. 

Greenwood seems to ha e a better attitude and thrist, not sure if he is a better player. 

Owen-Evans is nowhere as bad as McKee. 

Sammut is looking like this year's Welsh to be honest. 

Froxy could be as good as Longridge, but could equally be dire. Barely seen him yet. 

Turner is O'Hara in a scooby doo mask

Lewis is a better striker if he gets support, what has Austin done since leaving? 

Mackin doesn't have the xoerience of Miller, hard to tell what he will do in this league. 

Haber will do more than last year's Loy by default. 

16 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Dallison has been a bomb scare so far and as someone who wanted Watson out the door for 2 seasons, I'd now have him back. Russell has only played 1 game but is he better than Robson? Not for me. Sammut has looked like a fish out of water so far, and Petra has looked no better than Harris.

The option was Russell v Kidd. I wouldn't take him over Robson.

The others that you mention may end up being better than the players they've replaced whereas we know that those replaced were poor over a far longer period of time. That's essentially why I would take the new guys over them. 

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The option was Russell v Kidd. I wouldn't take him over Robson.

The others that you mention may end up being better than the players they've replaced whereas we know that those replaced were poor over a far longer period of time. That's essentially why I would take the new guys over them. 

Perfectly put!

52 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Genuine question, matching this years new signings v their rough equivalent  from last year (either players who have left or players currently not playing regularly ), how many of them do you reckon have improved on what we had?

Fasan v Thompson

Harrison v Grant
Dallison v Watson
Brough v Robson
Russell v Kidd

Paton v Taiwo
Petravicius v Harris
Irving v Sibbald
Greenwood v Hippolyte
Owen-Evans v McKee
Sammut v Welsh
Froxilias v Longridge
Turner v O'Hara 

Lewis v Austin
Mackin v Miller
Haber v Loy

Fasan has done ok so him

Harrison is better than a crocked Grant but a million miles away from him at his best. 

Dallison has been awful so far so it has to be watson even though i wasnt a fan.

Brough hopeless so robson

Russell has hardly played so far so cant judge.

Patons only attribute better than taiwo is staying fit.

Petra v harris is like choosing between being burned to death or drowning.

Irving has all the attributes at 18 to be better than sibbald but still very young.

Greenwood has shown promise but not played enough again.

Owen evans has done absolutely nowt so very difficult to say hes better than mckee.

Sammut and welsh are both pish but at least mckee thinks kenny shiels is a c**t so that wins it for me.

Froxy v longridge. Longridge at least had games like the du one. Havent seen anything near that so far from froxy.

Turner and o'hara again nothing in it but not in a good way.

Lewis needs to start scoring goals regularly. Austin has hit the net quite frequently since moving on. 

Mackin is brutal need i say more.

Haber has looked good in his only appearance to date. He'll hopefully get on the scoresheet a lot quicker than loy.

Not good reading but then neither have our results.

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

Agreed.... But I think 3/4 players stepping up gives us a team of 7 or 8 v 11

Paton is growing on me, he won't be the standout and probably never has been in his career its just important he has an out ball, I criticised him continually using Muirhead as an out ball and passing the buck but the reality is, if we had a proper right back then that would be a good out ball.

Given Pressley's best signings were reccomended to him, I really don't see where he can spot a player.

Outside Taylor and Farid who were handed to him, I can think of more donkeys than decent

Wasn’t Vaulks and Leahy  his? I agree, Taylor and Farid were handed to him, but it’s looking increasingly like an awful lot have been handed to Hartley, and there certainly isn’t one of the four above named players in the current selection.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What is it about Dallison that has been so awful? Just not seeing it.

I think he looks very, very slow however he has not been helped by Hartleys team selection.

Defo room for improvement but will give him a chance.

I was really looking forward to an awayday at Ayr but seeing their results so far this season think it could be a long day.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What is it about Dallison that has been so awful? Just not seeing it.

Hes slow constantly falls over and falls asleep too much. Against ict he lost oakley for their goal and nearly handed them another when he fell on his arse .

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think he looks very, very slow however he has not been helped by Hartleys team selection.

I was really looking forward to an awayday at Ayr but seeing their results so far this season think it could be a long day.

He has done nothing wrong so far that I thought "you know who wouldnt have done that, Paul Watson".

He also gets his head up and does his best to pick a pass on the deck. The only time I have seen him hoof it is if no one shows and he looks raging to have to do it. For that reason, and that he is as good in the air as Watson, he is a better player. The less said about post injury PGs distribution the better.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

How anyone can pass comprehensive judgement on that list of players already is beyond me.

They cant (albeit I had a stab). Anyone claiming they can is a fanny.

Having said that, we have roughly 2 weeks worth of thread on folk outing themselves as fannies since minute one of the league season.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

He has done nothing wrong so far that I thought "you know who wouldnt have done that, Paul Watson".

He also gets his head up and does his best to pick a pass on the deck. The only time I have seen him hoof it is if no one shows and he looks raging to have to do it. For that reason, and that he is as good in the air as Watson, he is a better player. The less said about post injury PGs distribution the better.

They cant (albeit I had a stab). Anyone claiming they can is a fanny.

Having said that, we have roughly 2 weeks worth of thread on folk outing themselves as fannies since minute one of the league season.

Agree with your comment about Watson. Also agree and would never slag him off for trying to pass the ball.

We need to get behind the players though as giving them grief from the stands will destroy their confidence further.

4 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Bonkers that anyone is happy with Dallison being an improvement on last season, so far.

He's looked woeful. Needs to get 1000% better or he should start looking for a modelling contract.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hes slow constantly falls over and falls asleep too much. Against ict he lost oakley for their goal and nearly handed them another when he fell on his arse .

Nah, Oakley breezed past a ball watching McGhee, not Dallison.

5 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Bonkers that anyone is happy with Dallison being an improvement on last season, so far.

He's looked woeful. Needs to get 1000% better or he should start looking for a modelling contract.

He has too big issues. Firstly, he wants too much time, and secondly, with his physique, he is muscled out of situations all too easily. Oakley isn’t exactly a beast, but he outmuscled Dallison on a couple of occasions, and that shouldn’t happen.

Hopefully, it’s a matter of adjustment, but if that doesn’t happen, then he simply isn’t going to be good enough.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ayr could well be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. If they come up from the seaside league, and hand us a pasting, then the wee man’s tea is very much oot.