The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Shouldnt have been a red card cause the physio didnae come on.:lol:

As bad as Hartley may be on occasion, I can safely say I won't hear something as daft as that come out his mouth. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am struggling to buy into a game against The Nomads as some sort of High Noon gunfight in our season.

Hate the league season being stopped after two weeks for more LC nonsense.  Would happily see both the LC and Challenge Cup die a quick death tbh.

Nothing wrong with the league Cup, don't get pumped by diddies and you could have had a decent tie this weekend, around 10,000 at EEP tomorrow would indicate the League Cup is absolutely fine. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Nothing wrong with the league Cup, don't get pumped by diddies and you could have had a decent tie this weekend, around 10,000 at EEP tomorrow would indicate the League Cup is absolutely fine. 

I tend to agree with this. The new format makes pre-season a lot more interesting and enjoyable imo. It was never going to be a competition we could compete in this season with such a high turnover of players (regardless of ability) but that's our fault rather than the LC format.

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Get the league cup back to the old knock out system. If they need to do the Challenge Cup the way they do to attract sponsorship money, then fine, keep it that way and we can use it as a series of bounce games.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am struggling to buy into a game against The Nomads as some sort of High Noon gunfight in our season.

Hate the league season being stopped after two weeks for more LC nonsense.  Would happily see both the LC and Challenge Cup die a quick death tbh.

aw stop all this fuckin gurning  its embarrassing, Should we just cancel all football since we're shite?  they switched to group formats cause the old KO format had nae interest, extra pre season friendlies also  had nae interest & were expensive . colt teams is a shite idea but putting teams from outsides Scotland isn't the worst, it gives you something just that wee bit different for a change, for once I think they actualy got something right

24 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I tend to agree with this. The new format makes pre-season a lot more interesting and enjoyable imo. It was never going to be a competition we could compete in this season with such a high turnover of players (regardless of ability) but that's our fault rather than the LC format.

That's my problem with it though. It's not pre-season. Unless you want to cram all your preseason into the two weeks before the group stages kick off,then you are getting a far shorter pre-season than normal. 

It'd be interesting to see if there is a difference in early season injuries compared to before the group stage format came in, when everyone got time to get fit and up to speed before being asked to play competitive games. 

22 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

aw stop all this fuckin gurning  its embarrassing, Should we just cancel all football since we're shite?  they switched to group formats cause the old KO format had nae interest, extra pre season friendlies also  had nae interest & were expensive . colt teams is a shite idea but putting teams from outsides Scotland isn't the worst, it gives you something just that wee bit different for a change, for once I think they actualy got something right

f**k off ya belter. My issue with the league cup is that it disrupts pre-season and makes players play competitive games when they should be building fitness ad cohesion. 

My issue with the challenge cup is the utter pointlesness of being sent to play a bunch of welsh or Irish diddies because the SFA needs sponsorship money. 

43 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye the knock out stages are fine but noones really interested in the group stages where average crowds are pitiful and way down on league attendances. Teams are chopped and changed every week and noone is really bothered whether they get through or not.  Ko stages at home to a team like Hearts are always going to be popular whether you have pishy leagues before it or not.

Edited by Shodwall cat

I like the challenge Cup, or at least I would like it without the colt teams. Having Welsh and Irish teams involved is a good thing. Vast majority of the Scottish teams have never or will never get the chance to play competitively in Europe. This gives us all a chance to play someone different rather than it being the same teams we face every other week. Colt teams have fucked it though. 

Challenge cup was to give the lower league teams the chance to win some silverware.  That was the idea and it was a pretty decent one.  Adding in teams from other countries and colt teams has done absolutely nothing for the tournament and is only going to make it harder for lower league sides to win it.  Get it back to its original state or bin it if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Challenge cup was to give the lower league teams the chance to win some silverware.  That was the idea and it was a pretty decent one.  Adding in teams from other countries and colt teams has done absolutely nothing for the tournament and is only going to make it harder for lower league sides to win it.  Get it back to its original state or bin it if you ask me.

Away game in London or Ireland >>>>> a wee daft bit tin, imo

21 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I like the challenge Cup, or at least I would like it without the colt teams. Having Welsh and Irish teams involved is a good thing. Vast majority of the Scottish teams have never or will never get the chance to play competitively in Europe. This gives us all a chance to play someone different rather than it being the same teams we face every other week. Colt teams have fucked it though. 

Having Welsh, Irish and English teams is daft - devalues the competition and makes it a laughing stock when we’re inviting non-league English teams like Sutton and Boreham Wood into the draw 

9 minutes ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

Having Welsh, Irish and English teams is daft - devalues the competition and makes it a laughing stock when we’re inviting non-league English teams like Sutton and Boreham Wood into the draw 

Aye because albion rovers and Edinburgh City really light the competition up. 

I don't have a problem with the teams from Ireland, Wales or England being in it at all. The only teams that I have an issue with is the colts.

To a certain extent playing teams from other countries will promote our game and always adds in the possibility of a cracking away day.

38 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

By lower league teams who exactly do you mean? 

Anyone from the championship downwards obviously.  Stenny won it a few seasons back and it was a really big thing for a club that size.  Why make it even harder for them to win it.  And at least Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City are our wee teams . No real point in bringing in teams from wales and ireland that get crowds not much bigger than them.  Also dont see why any of these teams should get byes through the early rounds and the draw fiddled so that one of them is always at home.  Treat them better than our own clubs for fecks sake.

Edited by Shodwall cat

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Anyone from the championship downwards obviously.  Stenny won it a few seasons back and it was a really big thing for a club that size.  Why make it even harder for them to win it.  And at least Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City are our wee teams . No real point in bringing in teams from wales and ireland that get crowds not much bigger than them. 

Stenny won it 23 years ago f**k sake. 

As China said, it promotes our game and teams to these other places that would not give a flying f**k before. 

Also the chance of a great away day instead of Coatbridge. 

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye the knock out stages are fine but noones really interested in the group stages where average crowds are pitiful and way down on league attendances. Teams are chopped and changed every week and noone is really bothered whether they get through or not.  Ko stages at home to a team like Hearts are always going to be popular whether you have pishy leagues before it or not.

The early rounds of the Scottish cup are down on league attendances aswell so I'm not sure that matters much. 

I was bothered if we got through or not, it's one of two of the decent trophies that Dunfermline have a chance of winning in my lifetime, why on earth would I not care if we progressed in it? 

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The early rounds of the Scottish cup are down on league attendances aswell so I'm not sure that matters much. 

I was bothered if we got through or not, it's one of two of the decent trophies that Dunfermline have a chance of winning in my lifetime, why on earth would I not care if we progressed in it? 

If we go through its a bonus but nowhere near as important as the league and if we don't I'm not exactly crying into my babysham.  If clubs arent going to take it that seriously by chopping and changing teams every match then its difficult to take it seriously as a fan.  Different when you get to the ko stages though and the real football starts.