The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Stenny won it 23 years ago f**k sake. 

As China said, it promotes our game and teams to these other places that would not give a flying f**k before. 

Also the chance of a great away day instead of Coatbridge. 

Us, Hamilton, Airdrie, Alloa, QOS  would've won feck all cup silverware if we hadnt won it over the past few years.  An we're lucky if we take a hundred or so fans to these great away days so its hardly attracting a load of folk because of that.

We've been to more Scottish cup finals in the last 20 years than we have challenge cup finals. Which says it all with regards to how little we value it. Should be easily winnable if we gave a damn about it. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Us, Hamilton, Airdrie, Alloa, QOS  would've won feck all cup silverware if we hadnt won it over the past few years.  An we're lucky if we take a hundred or so fans to these great away days so its hardly attracting a load of folk because of that.

Struggling to see your point. These teams aren't coming in and steam rolling it taking over the competition, make little difference to the outcome which is almost always a championship team winning it so these wee guys you are championing are still not winning whether these teams from other countries are in it or not. 

Again colts have ruined it not some foreign competition 

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

If we go through its a bonus but nowhere near as important as the league and if we don't I'm not exactly crying into my babysham.  If clubs arent going to take it that seriously by chopping and changing teams every match then its difficult to take it seriously as a fan.  Different when you get to the ko stages though and the real football starts.

If your club doesn't take it seriously that's down to your club, they're absolutely seing you off as a fan base though. 

By all accounts we're in the league now and Hartley still chops and changes his team. 

45 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

What was wrong with it as it was? Its no any better with those teams in it than it was without them and we're just diluting the prize money on offer and letting some of it leave the country.

It was absolutely fucking shite before, it's still shite now but you get the chance of a decent away day. 

Providing our game against Boreham Wood is on the Saturday I'll be there having a great time, I highly doubt I'd bother my arse if we reached the final though. 

If the wee teams haven't improved the quit of the competition, what's the point? 

Anyway, back to Falkirk, how many more games are we prepared to give Hartley before we sack him? Is it still 2,or have we got an advance on 2?

Edited by DeeBairn

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If your club doesn't take it seriously that's down to your club, they're absolutely seing you off as a fan base though. 

By all accounts we're in the league now and Hartley still chops and changes his team. 

It was absolutely fucking shite before, it's still shite now but you get the chance of a decent away day. 

Providing our game against Boreham Wood is on the Saturday I'll be there having a great time, I highly doubt I'd bother my arse if we reached the final though. 

A decent away day, 3 or 400 miles away, in a stadium with a couple of hundred people, in a competition you think is shite. Marvelous. 

29 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

A decent away day, 3 or 400 miles away, in a stadium with a couple of hundred people, in a competition you think is shite. Marvelous. 

If you tried to apply logic to Football you'd find flaws in plenty of things. There will be more than a couple of hundred people, predict a good few Pars fans will make the trip down. 

53 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

If the wee teams haven't improved the quit of the competition, what's the point? 

To advertise our wee teams outwith the doldrums of Scottish football? Make it more exciting rather than facing the same shite you face week in week out? Honestly don't see what folks problem is. 

Aye, our Mr Hartley. I reckon he will be glad of the break to sort out injuries, but equally, it’s hard to imagine him not doing his head in at having to wait another week to try and right the wrongs.

Maybe he really is Mr Cool, and is convinced everything is going to fall into place, but it’s hard to see beyond the Haber, Irving and Greenwood arrivals being anything other than a reaction to him being scared out of his wits when he actually saw his new players in action for the first time.

As the old saying goes “no plan survives contact with the enemy”, but in our case, the obvious flaws in the plan were too many and too glaring for him to go with what he had. He probably knew that after the Montrose game.

Now I reckon he is on a damage limitation program to get through the season with  his reputation intact, but certainly not enhanced. At some point, he is going to have to roll out a narrative that explains away why it all went pear shaped, and why he feels let down by those he trusted.

Much of that speech will already be worked out in his head, and he will be hoping against hope that things turn flowery fantastic, and he doesn’t have to resort to using it.

Aye, our Mr Hartley. I reckon he will be glad of the break to sort out injuries, but equally, it’s hard to imagine him not doing his head in at having to wait another week to try and right the wrongs.
Maybe he really is Mr Cool, and is convinced everything is going to fall into place, but it’s hard to see beyond the Haber, Irving and Greenwood arrivals being anything other than a reaction to him being scared out of his wits when he actually saw his new players in action for the first time.
As the old saying goes “no plan survives contact with the enemy”, but in our case, the obvious flaws in the plan were too many and too glaring for him to go with what he had. He probably knew that after the Montrose game.
Now I reckon he is on a damage limitation program to get through the season with  his reputation intact, but certainly not enhanced. At some point, he is going to have to roll out a narrative that explains away why it all went pear shaped, and why he feels let down by those he trusted.
Much of that speech will already be worked out in his head, and he will be hoping against hope that things turn flowery fantastic, and he doesn’t have to resort to using it.

Nice ramblings will read again x

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Agreed

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

come on boys we'd hardly be the first team to have a shitey start to a season then go on and do allright, settle doon

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 18:55, bairney said:

Reminds me of the days of Watson, Baptie, Houston, Jimmy Gilmour, Gunner McWilliams, Sam McGivern and of course Kevin where players PLAYED FOR THE JERSEY. I don't know that team anymore now.

The players you mentioned all had one thing in common. They cared, it's as simple as that. When they had a howler which anybody can have now and again, you saw how they were beating themselves up about it.  Play badly but they  tried all the harder and the fan's loved them for it.  Two games into the season is to early to judge and a win with a good performance could make all the difference.  

Guest Back Post Misses
come on boys we'd hardly be the first team to have a shitey start to a season then go on and do allright, settle doon

Like all Falkirk fans we all want to be wrong and it does turn. But the pressure is on to do it quickly or the season could have gone by mid September.

Had we lost the games we have lost and looked decent and or the opposition had looked excellent then I don’t think there would be as much “panic” but if we are all honest it has looked awful. In the league games neither of the other sides looked anything other than competent.

However I will be at the QoS game hoping the 10 days off have cleared up injuries, sorted a pattern of play that is effective and more than 3/4 players show they are up to this level and better.

38 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The players you mentioned all had one thing in common. They cared, it's as simple as that. When they had a howler which anybody can have now and again, you saw how they were beating themselves up about it.  Play badly but they  tried all the harder and the fan's loved them for it.  Two games into the season is to early to judge and a win with a good performance could make all the difference.  

I've seen both Harrison and Dallison put the boot into Muirhead, and Lewis looking like someone has shot his cat at the final whistle. They may not have a bond with the club yet, but to suggest they don't care about winning is off. Hard to tell with Paton though, as he's a snarly mess most of the time. That bond sure as hell won't ever happen if they keep getting abuse from the stands. 

I've seen both Harrison and Dallison put the boot into Muirhead, and Lewis looking like someone has shot his cat at the final whistle. They may not have a bond with the club yet, but to suggest they don't care about winning is off. Hard to tell with Paton though, as he's a snarly mess most of the time. That bond sure as hell won't ever happen if they keep getting abuse from the stands. 
I actually think out of our signings Harrison is the one who does care. He's not fast or fancy, you get exactly what it says on the tin with him and he knows his limitations. I may be completely off the mark but he strikes me as someone who has come up here to get away from issues he's had down south and i think he is desperate to do well.

For me he is future captain material. My mates think he's mince but I don't.