The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Pleasingly numb. Not even angry. There’s no excuses for him or the BoD or their comedy “English scout” who is perhaps, the biggest joke of all. 

This is the worst part for me. We were sold the 'Brentford model' by the CEO, but there doesn't look to be any sort of moneyball going into the signings. It's just some scout punting us jobbers from the English academies and seaside leagues. 

I was all up for us trying a new approach, but it hasn't been executed anywhere near well enough. 

There is no easy fix. Every fix requires key individuals to be relieved of their duties. How you do that at board level, I don’t know, but it needs to happen there too along with Hartley, a number of the players, and the infamous English scout. They all have to go.

This cannot be about re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. This is not about “more time will make it better”, because it won’t.

I was firmly in the 'let's give it time' camp but that was the worst I've ever seen us play. 

I'd given the players a bit of a pass as the tactics were so weird but just about all of them were playing in their proper position and are nowhere near good enough.

Really wanted it to work out for Hartley but he (and the board) gambled and put all our hopes in with the English scout. to say it hasn't worked out is an understatement.

Damage limitation from here on out, we're going to have a relegation battle.

I was firmly in the 'let's give it time' camp but that was the worst I've ever seen us play. 
I'd given the players a bit of a pass as the tactics were so weird but just about all of them were playing in their proper position and are nowhere near good enough.
Really wanted it to work out for Hartley but he (and the board) gambled and put all our hopes in with the English scout. to say it hasn't worked out is an understatement.
Damage limitation from here on out, we're going to have a relegation battle.

I’m honestly not even convinced this team is good enough to engage in a relegation battle with Alloa. Just to put this into perspective, QoS had 27 shots today. We had absolutely zero shots on target as the home team.

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Do u think we're the only club that would want him. Clubs with a lot more cash than us have tried to get him but he's happy where he is. No chance we would ever get him as he's no attachment to us and its no about money.

Nail on head .

1.  Money will be required to remediate this abomination.

2. TOE should never wear the jersey again.

3. Greenwood must get a starting berth as he’s our best creative outlet.

4. Not convinced by fasan at all.

I don’t care much if Hartley stays or goes, as long as it’s fixed. Time to put hands up and admit a number of signings won’t be good enough and we need to rectify that.

Mackin, Russel, Haber, Mercer, Irving.......all sheer panic signings because Hartley knew damn fine the game was up. Pre game today was about how it takes time, nullifying Dobbie (oh how we laughed) and attacking their weaknesses. Result? 27 shots on our goal with 11 on target to our 3 off target.

Its done, it’s dusted, it’s finished. Hartley has to go immediately, and we need a manager who understands what he has to work with and who can hopefully get the players on his side to at least try and stay in the league.

Robbie Neilson?

i think, potentially, there are players in that team  who are not too bad. They just don't want to, or are unable to, play under the current manager.  He has also lost all ability to make calm and educated decisions. In both our last two league games he has made a double half time change of personnel and altered the formation. He is searching for a holy grail with any clue where to look.

I'd happily forsake another signing before the window closes and use the cash for a new management team

I was at the game today.  It could have been 5 or 6 to Queens.   We have no midfield.  Queens walked through them time and again.  We didn't go for 50/50 balls.  Every time there were a crowd of players on the left the ball would get punted there, where play was congested and it ended up like pinball.  Nothing went to the right.  Greenwood looked promising in the second half on the left wing, but with little result.  Muirhead should not be captain, he doesn't shout or command the team at all, let along being very poor. 

At least there were none of the sideways passing that infuriated all of us last season, and we did, in the first half at least, have a lot of possession around their box.  

We had better be on our toes as there is no Brechin in the league this year to act as a buffer.    I don't see much cause for optimism.  

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I was at the game today.  It could have been 5 or 6 to Queens.   We have no midfield.  Queens walked through them time and again.  We didn't go for 50/50 balls.  Every time there were a crowd of players on the left the ball would get punted there, where play was congested and it ended up like pinball.  Nothing went to the right.  Greenwood looked promising in the second half on the left wing, but with little result.  Muirhead should not be captain, he doesn't shout or command the team at all, let along being very poor. 

At least there were none of the sideways passing that infuriated all of us last season, and we did, in the first half at least, have a lot of possession around their box.  

We had better be on our toes as there is no Brechin in the league this year to act as a buffer.    I don't see much cause for optimism.  

We are all way beyond that. Hartley in charge of these players spells out nothing other than relegation.

29 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
34 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
4,026 in there today. our fans deserve better the way they back the club after 10 years in this league. we are going backwards every year

Very true, we keep turning up game after game in decent numbers and we are being treated like mugs.

We need to stop being a bunch of crowdwankers. If the board think they are untouchable or doing a good job, stay at home and let the fuckers fund the club out of their own pockets. If Hartley stays we are going down the drain anyway. I'd rather take my kids on holiday than watch this w**k. 

24 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

A few weeks ago I pointed out the risk of this ‘strategy’ and that the impact could hit us for years to come. We’ve lost our Academy for this shite and now lost the last few decent players we had, to bring in some total shitebags. It’s very clear now that the strategy has failed and no formational change is going to undo this.

I recollect someone pointing out that one or two of the players told Muirhead to shut the f**k up when he was captain during one of the Betfred games. I thought to myself that that sounds disrespectful to an experienced player and it really looks to me that there’s a few of this lot playing for themselves rather for the team.

Kinda feels to me like the heart has been ripped out of the team just now with none of our players giving a toss about the jersey.

Which is absolutely fine because I don't give a f**k about them.

I gave up my ST for several reasons in the summer, and the gigantic haul of dross PH has dredged up from wherever they came from makes me a) glad I did because I'm not paying good money for utter horseshit and b) for the first time in 38 years a fan I am struggling to give a shit, even when we're getting horsed 3-0 and humiliated. Reading all the tales of woe and disgusting stats on the match thread with a pale disinterest.

40 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The biggest worry in all this for me is we have given some of these players 2 year contracts and very few of them actually look like they could put in a decent performance. The manager is clueless but who is there that could make some of these players look decent. Its a magician we need not a fucking manager.

No one. They are fucking pish. Love to hear tonight from the "I've seen signs these guys have been good" poster. 

What signs are these? They are a bag of pish. Not one of these guys is decent. Not one.

Not reading much on here from the "this thread is ridiculous..how can you give up promotion after 2 games" dudes either? Still ridiculous chaps?

Edited by Bairn Necessities

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Was talking to Jeffries a couple of weeks ago! He was in top form.

I meant Jim Jeffries of course! Top man, glad to hear he is doing well. Would take him back in a heartbeat. He can't be older than Alex  Smith who managed the team?

41 minutes ago, bairney said:

Given the right contract, of course Stephen Dobbie would have come. A let down by directors and management. A star player who we should have picked up. Hartley, hurry up and walk.

Dobbie is happy playing at a place he calls home in a football perspective, he is paid more than 90% or more of players in this league, dunno his training regime but wouldn't be surprised if it was x days with team and x days nearer Blackpool which is another factor.

Dobbie obviously has ambition in.his latter years but play offs are as good as it will get with Qos

25 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

This is the worst part for me. We were sold the 'Brentford model' by the CEO, but there doesn't look to be any sort of moneyball going into the signings. It's just some scout punting us jobbers from the English academies and seaside leagues. 

I was all up for us trying a new approach, but it hasn't been executed anywhere near well enough. 

The Brentford model doesn't exist, when this phrase came about it was after their biggest season happened, they then got rid of the rangers management and this Brentford model tag came, they then believed this image and signed players for millions who proved to be flops where they thought would be part of this model and had a season not matching the previous season.

The Brentford model really was taking a few players from other clubs and selling for £s.....

Murray Wallace, Connor mcgrandles or Scott arfield....we were the Falkirk model as much as a Brentford model

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Which is absolutely fine because I don't give a f**k about them.

I gave up my ST for several reasons in the summer, and the gigantic haul of dross PH has dredged up from wherever they came from makes me a) glad I did because I'm not paying good money for utter horseshit and b) for the first time in 38 years a fan I am struggling to give a shit, even when we're getting horsed 3-0 and humiliated. Reading all the tales of woe and disgusting stats on the match thread with a pale disinterest.

Ronaldo I don't think it's tales of woe, it's more like tales of desperation. 

Until we have player's that actually give  a shit about Falkirk even a little bit. 

We have filled the team with non scottish player's who are absolutely crap. 

I'll be taking in some decent football in the coming weeks as what we're witnessing isn't worth paying to watch.