The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

They'll still likely have a list of people that they interviewed last time. Some of them were probably good enough, they will contact them first, you'd imagine. 

That sounds far too much like common sense something that our BoD isnt reknowned for

16 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Aye, they binned Hartley last night but are holding interviews less than 24 hours later?

Why do folk believe this nonsense? Could tell them anything and they'd share it to their mates as gospel.

We need to get omeone in before friday to get players in or out or we're fecked. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

35 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Had to admire his knowledge of Ross' stats compared to his own. You just know he had a Jack Ross voodoo doll in his house. 

I genuinely think Ross is trolling Rae. Must have been hard when all the Sunderland media were asking him about Ross due to his Sunderland and St Mirren connections!

That said Falkirk do have a whiff of us in that season. Falkirk have at least reacted quicker but squad is still the same which is what we found when Ross came in and nothing really changed. Not paid enough attention, but we had a woefully unbalanced squad under Rae, tons of forward players but no genuine quality in defence or midfield. and Ross had to gamble to change it in January.

I genuinely think Ross is trolling Rae. Must have been hard when all the Sunderland media were asking him about Ross due to his Sunderland and St Mirren connections!
That said Falkirk do have a whiff of us in that season. Falkirk have at least reacted quicker but squad is still the same which is what we found when Ross came in and nothing really changed. Not paid enough attention, but we had a woefully unbalanced squad under Rae, tons of forward players but no genuine quality in defence or midfield. and Ross had to gamble to change it in January.

We dont. We had a whiff of St Mirren last season. This was the season to romp the title if the comparison was to have any merit.

I think it can now be laid to rest.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

We dont. We had a whiff of St Mirren last season. This was the season to romp the title if the comparison was to have any merit.

I think it can now be laid to rest.

TBH seems the same as the Murray season where we were wrong end, Rae propped us up. Summer window opens, load of signings, no victories and bag Rae. Get the right appointment this season!!!

Given that a lot of our fans didn't take to Hartley from the off because of who he played for, Dick Campbell would be a perfect appointment. #staunch

If whats been said the scout from down south was the one responsible for what we have and that Hartley hadnt seen any then he can only be responsible for the tactics and team selection not the overall skill set of the player bear in mind some of those players were highly rated by their former club.  Same time i dare say there are a lot more issues affecting things which i dare say could be put down to the coaching/training.

The BoD need to take their share of the blame if they were responsible for the Scouting being outsourced from Hartley.

in all fairness given the names being banded about last time PH and Owen Coyle were the only 2 that anyone really fancied.  I really dont hope we go for the usual suspects that are on the managerial merry go round theres a reason why they are out of work.

Given that a lot of our fans didn't take to Hartley from the off because of who he played for, Dick Campbell would be a perfect appointment. #staunch
I was resisting that, mainly cos I cba finding the facts, but I I can vaguely recall Campbell had been at least videod and possibly even drawn over the coals, for belting out the "traditional songs" of the blue arse cheek?

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I was resisting that, mainly cos I cba finding the facts, but I I can vaguely recall Campbell had been at least videod and possibly even drawn over the coals, for belting out the "traditional songs" of the blue arse cheek?

Yep. #loyal

24 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

How will they even know who to keep from this lot? It's an absolute mess

Thats why they need them in quick. Gordon young should be able to give advice too. Wouldve been ok last season as loans were available. We fong have that option now after friday.