The Falkirk FC Thread

The regular cameraman who'd been doing it for years left last season and the young guy who replaced him may still be learning. He's not bad and you certainly notice the difference in quality when he's not there and one of the commentators has to do it instead. I think it's because as fans they have a tendency to watch the game with the naked eye rather than through the viewfinder, so the camera doesn't always keep up with play. They're doing their best but at the end of the day they're not professionals.

That sounds plausible, and the fact that I often rely on them to catch games and that they are fellow fans and volunteers makes me somehow loathe to criticise, but tjen I remember someone is getting 8 (or is it 8.99 now...?) a time off of me for that.

Guest Back Post Misses
The regular cameraman who'd been doing it for years left last season and the young guy who replaced him may still be learning. He's not bad and you certainly notice the difference in quality when he's not there and one of the commentators has to do it instead. I think it's because as fans they have a tendency to watch the game with the naked eye rather than through the viewfinder, so the camera doesn't always keep up with play. They're doing their best but at the end of the day they're not professionals.

It is a bit like most things at Falkirk though now. It was amongst the best in the league for a while but gradually everyone else has caught up and improved their product and ours is not as good as it was. The guys wanted new equipment and I know the sponsorship is not an insignificant figure. That money should have been used to upgrade the camera etc...The promises on that have not materialised.

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is a bit like most things at Falkirk though now. It was amongst the best in the league for a while but gradually everyone else has caught up and improved their product and ours is not as good as it was. The guys wanted new equipment and I know the sponsorship is not an insignificant figure. That money should have been used to upgrade the camera etc...The promises on that have not materialised.

Have a strong word in KK's ear then.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I want someone in who can bring us all together for one common purpose, to see our team do better.

We are a notoriously fickle support but do well for us, put a team on the park that will fight for us and by f**k we will get behind you.

I'm no great lover of TFS but we have all seen the place rocking when the team have given us something to get vocal about.

Whether its players, staff, fans we need a manager to come in and get everyone pulling in the same direction towards the progression of Falkirk FC.

Make the experience of going to The Falkirk Stadium a positive one again.

We need to go for the nuclear option..

Its time for our walk out song to be Baby Shark ....

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Goes into the club I would presume. I would doubt it is a massive revenue stream but every little helps.

As far as the service provided, and what it costs (I use it a fair bit) I couldnt help noticing the quality of QoS highlights compared to ours, and they had camers behind the goals for different angles etc. I wonder why we charge 8 pounds a game and yet cant keep up with the ball never mind have multiple cameras yet the away team can... Question for them obviosuly, just musing.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

This is a great shout. QoS highlights were excellent quality, way beyond FFC TV.

Im not a subscriber so do t really care but I too wonder why that is.

Our highlights are fantastic quality. The cameras behind the goals are Go Pros which are mounted pre match and at half time and left there. There's no cameraman for them. Malcolm who films the games does a fantastic job with them but he's a volunteer and we offer them free of charge because whilst he very rarely misses a game, his day job pressures sometimes mean there isn't time to put highlights together. They don't necessarily appear every week, especially in winter when the nature of his job means he's busier.

We can do it free because Malcolm volunteers and the equipment is supplied free on sponsorship from Alex Wilsons, a club friendly local video / hifi / tv shop.

As I've largely been unable to get to away games in the last 8 months I've really come to appreciate our highlights a lot more than I did before when I was at the games and used the footage more to try to get retrospective clarity on any incidents of note.

Given that there is no immediate new manager in post, for me at least, this is saying that (at this point) the players are being pretty much left out of things, and their perceived qualities (or lack of) are not the immediate concern.

This looks increasingly like Hartley has been removed from post because of abject performances, which (obviously) led to poor results, and both the results and performances were a result of Hartley’s demeanour, attitude and complete lack of respect to just about everyone he considered below him at the club.

It’s really a combination of those three things that has done for him, and now, I reckon the expectation will be that the new guy mends the existing players and finds a way for them to stay in this league.

A big call.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Given that there is no immediate new manager in post, for me at least, this is saying that (at this point) the players are being pretty much left out of things, and their perceived qualities (or lack of) are not the immediate concern.

This looks increasingly like Hartley has been removed from post because of abject performances, which (obviously) led to poor results, and both the results and performances were a result of Hartley’s demeanour, attitude and complete lack of respect to just about everyone he considered below him at the club.

It’s really a combination of those three things that has done for him, and now, I reckon the expectation will be that the new guy mends the existing players and finds a way for them to stay in this league.

A big call.

Aye although Hartley was supposed to be on the look out for another attacker so there must be a few bob in the kitty. Just hope the new man gets some time to spend it.

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye although Hartley was supposed to be on the look out for another attacker so there must be a few bob in the kitty. Just hope the new man gets some time to spend it.

As I said before though sacking him will cost us at least the equivalent of one player.

It's pretty difficult to sack Hartley on Monday and have a new manager in place for Weds morning. If you're doing it properly. 

I think it's just unfortunate timing with the transfer window. And regardless were stuck with this garbage for months now anyway.

I dont buy that there's talent there and another manager can unlock it. We're going to be bottom two come January, no matter who takes over. Its what we can do once the new window opens which determines if we go to the seaside leagues or not. We have to replace 7 or 8 from the first team in January.

1 minute ago, Stuperman01 said:

What about Steve Lomas or Gary Caldwell? 

Although Lomas did well at St Johnstone I'm not sure the fans were that taken with him. Gary Caldwell is  a shout although it would be useful to have someone who knows the division and whats needed.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Although Lomas did well at St Johnstone I'm not sure the fans were that taken with him. Gary Caldwell is  a shout although it would be useful to have someone who knows the division and whats needed.

To be honest mate I have no idea who would be best to take us forward, I am kind of lost with Falkirk just now and fast losing interest.  

4 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

As I said before though sacking him will cost us at least the equivalent of one player.

It's pretty difficult to sack Hartley on Monday and have a new manager in place for Weds morning. If you're doing it properly. 

I think it's just unfortunate timing with the transfer window. And regardless were stuck with this garbage for months now anyway.

I dont buy that there's talent there and another manager can unlock it. We're going to be bottom two come January, no matter who takes over. Its what we can do once the new window opens which determines if we go to the seaside leagues or not. We have to replace 7 or 8 from the first team in January.

I have heard Hartley was on a rolling contract which was due for renewal in October, if and I mean IF true then it wouldn't have cost us that much to get rid of him. All just rumours though so who knows and we as customers will never likely find out. 

5 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

I have heard Hartley was on a rolling contract which was due for renewal in October, if and I mean IF true then it wouldn't have cost us that much to get rid of him. All just rumours though so who knows and we as customers will never likely find out. 

That would tie in with the fact that everything was done pretty quickly. If there had been a decent payoff then I could see us holding out for a bit longer in hope that things improved.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Its training. If they need kicked, set up a 4 on 4 in a 5 m2 box!

Maybe the lack of intensity is what was behind McGhees comments about aggression etc.

I genuinely thought the one thing we wouldnt see this season was a lack of intensity so bot really sure whats went on there, but its one of the reasons why id like Hopkin in. I dont want to see any more shitebaggery.

Outside Brechin games we only won four league games last season with more than a 1 goal lead, Inverness we were out of it till a sending off and Dumbarton was a down tools from them after the circumstances, so I dont know where this intensity was coming from unless we signed superstars. 

Hartley dined out on the Dufc result, probably mentioned it at every fan meeting in the summer and I am sure it was in the season ticket letter also.

23 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Unless we have a manager within or one that knows a few players who would instantly be a success and improve any club in this league, Id think it would be madness to sanction a lot of transfer activity in the time frame unless it deals till January. 

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That would tie in with the fact that everything was done pretty quickly. If there had been a decent payoff then I could see us holding out for a bit longer in hope that things improved.

If we are really lucky he's maybe even asked to be let go to get away from a dressing room that seems to dislike him and even further away from the mess he made. 

Doubt it, but you can always dream. 

18 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think struggling to beat seaside league teams and a colt team, then 3 hammerings in the league is why it was done quickly, we announced a 2 and a half year contract when Hartley was announced. I very much doubt Hartley would've came in for a rolling contract and probably bargained for the 2 and a half year one whereas our board would've aimed for a year and a half 

Edited by MrDust