The Falkirk FC Thread

If it's true and 4 more are out the door in January I would vote for Haber, Lewis, Dallison and Sammut.

They offer the least to the squad in my opinion. If it's more I would be happy to see Fasan and Mitchell go and a decent keeper in with Mutch as back up.

It was only last season that Mutch was a f**k up and Mitchell was our saviour once his injury cleared.
I actually think Fasan is the best of the three we have. Although he’s not that great either.
Can’t believe some of the ridiculous comments re his performance on Saturday. When you have a defence like ours keeping a clean sheet is an achievement in itself....

I’d fucking love to never see Fasan, Mitchell, Dallison, Haber, Lewis or McKee ever play for us again. Utter shite the lot of them.

Fasan, Mitchell, Dallison, Harrison, Sammut, Irving, Petravicius, Haber and Lewis should be moved on IMO.

Mental shout about Petravicius btw. He’s a completely different player since Ray came in.

I thought Fasan had a really good game yesterday and saved us on a couple of occasions. He ain’t great, but Mitchell has done nothing to be considered above him.

It was only last season that Mutch was a f**k up and Mitchell was our saviour once his injury cleared.
I actually think Fasan is the best of the three we have. Although he’s not that great either.
Can’t believe some of the ridiculous comments re his performance on Saturday. When you have a defence like ours keeping a clean sheet is an achievement in itself....

Think that’s a lot of pish. The only reason Fasan kept a clean sheet on Saturday was because the defence playing so well and awful finishing from Andy Ryan.

He was pish again yesterday. He can’t deal with cross balls, kicking is ridiculous and refusal to come off his line is infuriating.

Agree with Mitchell btw. I was one that hyped him up way too much when he was out injured but he has showed that he is not up to it. I’d still probably have him over Fasan but clearly neither are good enough.

Not sure you can really put a strikers name on that chance they missed. Andy Ryan like every other pro footballer is much better than missing that. That was a genuine freak occurrence not reflective of ability.

It was quite simply, the wee stroke of luck we have needed in some of our games to turn 0 points into 1 or 1 into 3.

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Mutch has made mistakes but is still a young laddie. The other 2 shouldn't really be making as many mistakes as they do at this stage of their careers.

sometimes I think folks are watching a different game than I am. imo Irving has been our best player this season (possibly McGhee aside). he's creative beats a man and at least gets shots away. I've been impressed by buaben and Robson in the past few games but over the season Irving and McGhee first names on team sheet for me

4 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

sometimes I think folks are watching a different game than I am. imo Irving has been our best player this season (possibly McGhee aside). he's creative beats a man and at least gets shots away. I've been impressed by buaben and Robson in the past few games but over the season Irving and McGhee first names on team sheet for me

I think he has been ok but no better than that. He is only 18 so will have bags of improvement in him but if we can bring in a more experienced player in January then I wouldn't be bothered if his loan wasn't renewed.

That's just my opinion. Things would be boring if we all agreed on everything. :)

If he could work on his shooting he’ll turn out fantastic. Very good technically and can beat a man. He’s been decent at times but wouldn’t say he’s our best player.

I think he has made a few mistakes that people have noticed but I really like him as well. Leaves men for dead with quick movement and strong running, he is usually involved in our limited number of good forward moves.

I think yesterday's result has got some a bit carried away with players we should keep. Yes, it was a great battling performance but it doesn't change the fact that we've only won 3 games this season, largely because most of our players aren't good enough.

Ray has rightly said he want to bring in 9 players in January. To do that, a significant number will have to go.

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

I think yesterday's result has got some a bit carried away with players we should keep. Yes, it was a great battling performance but it doesn't change the fact that we've only won 3 games this season, largely because most of our players aren't good enough.

Ray has rightly said he want to bring in 9 players in January. To do that, a significant number will have to go.

Must've missed that game yesterday. Anyone able to shed some light on the performance? 

13 hours ago, Russ said:

I’d fucking love to never see Fasan, Mitchell, Dallison, Haber, Lewis or McKee ever play for us again. Utter shite the lot of them.

Mental shout about Petravicius btw. He’s a completely different player since Ray came in.

That would make for an interesting squad on Saturday!

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

This EdiBairn fella seems bitter about something. Is there some history there, or does he/she just think we should be romping the league? 

He's generally not very complimentary about anyone in the squad but his biggest bugbear is that we let Shepherd go whilst keeping O'Hara, whom he thinks is particularly shite. He reckons that Shepherd will prove everyone wrong and will be back to haunt us some day! :huh: So much so that many on here reckon he's either Sheps himself or a friend or family member.