The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hes very raw but does have the nack of putting the ball in the net now and again. Id rather have a couple of better quality strikers come the end of jan with him coming on from the bench but there isnt a lot of choice going about at this time of year unfortunately.

I'm with Bairnardo here too. I'm not convinced Rudden is top half in the Championship quality. But then neither are we.

He's a bench option ideally. Can't say I'm bothered if the Orange vermin recall him. Must be bringing in two other options up front in this window.

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

We'd all love to bring in Agüero but how many strikers are available and willing to come to us that have better records than Rudden?Probably none.

I agree unfortunately he may be our best option. You can only pish with the cock you've got unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I'm with Bairnardo here too. I'm not convinced Rudden is top half in the Championship quality. But then neither are we.

Can't say I'm bothered if the Orange vermin recall him. 

You're not bothered if we lose our only player who can score goals and who has a record of 1 in 2 with absolutely no service? Bonkers.

He's a bench option ideally. Can't say I'm bothered if the Orange vermin recall him. Must be bringing in two other options up front in this window.
By no means am I slagging the laddie off here. He has a bright future. Any one who works as hard as he clearly does will make their way in the Scottish game.

He is however, very raw and not someone we can afford rely upon for an entire season.

Happy to keep him but he should be an option not front and centre, fucked without him as we are now.

3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Clearly Rudden has divided the fans but given what’s available just now and where we are in the league I don’t think it’s an ideal time to lose our biggest, only, goal threat.

Its all about opinions though.

Clearly Rudden has divided the fans but given what’s available just now and where we are in the league I don’t think it’s an ideal time to lose our biggest, only, goal threat.
I dont think he really has divided the fans. I think most would like him to stay. I just think a bit of realism is needed regarding him carrying the entire weight of our attack. Its not good for us or him. If we sign anything like the number or level of attacking players that we should be signing this window, it is likely that a laddie that age will find himself on the bench at least some of the time.

23 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Yeah, Houston's signings were so woeful he got us to 2nd place twice and Scottish Cup Final. What we need to do is go out and sign completely unknown guys from down south. Oh wait...

Aside from the winter he signed Baird/Kerr, almost every one of Houston's signings made us worse than the player who left. Rankin replacing Vaulks was the biggest example of this but there were plenty.

Houston was an excellent in game manager, seemed a good motivator and his tactics were very effective as he kept it simple and everyone knew their role. His major failing is in the transfer market.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think he really has divided the fans. I think most would like him to stay. I just think a bit of realism is needed regarding him carrying the entire weight of our attack. Its not good for us or him. If we sign anything like the number or level of attacking players that we should be signing this window, it is likely that a laddie that age will find himself on the bench at least some of the time.

He needs support and a bit of burden taken off him.

Totally agree with you that there is to much pressure on him.

Its going to be hard to find a good striker in this window. But we really need one.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He needs support and a bit of burden taken off him.

Totally agree with you that there is to much pressure on him.

Its going to be hard to find a good striker in this window. But we really need one.

I'd think it's unlikely but we should chance our arm and ask Livi for Lee Miller back on loan. They've got a few options up front so I can't see him starting many games for them.

I wouldn’t say he has divided the fans we are all aware he is the best we have right now. But he is young and that can bring inconsistencies and so we desperately need another couple in.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I'm grateful for what he's done. Without his goals we'd already be down. 

I'm grateful for what he's done. Without his goals we'd already be down. 
Yeah this. Maybe some crossed wires here. I dont want rid of him. I do rate him. His attitude has shone a light on some of the issues at the club. Grafting like f**k for the jersey and getting his rewards, but ability wise, I was saying his isnt even close to Rangers 1st team squad, and as far as our season goes. If we rely on him continuing to score at the current rate all season, playing in every game then we are fucked.

I want to see him stay and develop, I dont want him to be all we have and if others are brought in that can score goals at Championship level, then Rudden becomes an option, not the only option.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Aside from the winter he signed Baird/Kerr, almost every one of Houston's signings made us worse than the player who left. Rankin replacing Vaulks was the biggest example of this but there were plenty.

Houston was an excellent in game manager, seemed a good motivator and his tactics were very effective as he kept it simple and everyone knew their role. His major failing is in the transfer market.

He wanted Rankin before Vaulks even left to play along side him and Kerr.

That makes it even worse imo.

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Alan Maybury and Kevin McCann were pivotal players imo.

Alan Maybury was signed as a coach but actually put in a few good performances. Kevin McCann was signed on a short term deal but his fitness didn't work out.

12 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Ridiculous exaggeration here. The only truly bad signings Houston made were Morgan, Rankin and Harris. The rest all contributed something.

Jamie MacDonald

Tom Taiwo

Alan Maybury

Alex Cooper

Joe Shaughnessy

Owain Tudur Jones

David Smith

Aaron Muirhead

Mark Kerr 

John Baird

Taylor Morgan

Rory Boulding

Danny Rogers

Bob McHugh

Paul Watson

Ryan Sinnamon

Lee Miller

Alex Tokarczyk

Conor McGrandles (loan)

Nathan Austin

Kevin McCann

Myles Hippolyte

Deniz Mehment

Robbie Thomson

Luca Gasparotto

Fraser Aird

Joe McKee

John Rankin

Harry Girdwood

Liam Henderson

David Mitchell

Alex Harris

The Ghost of Rory Loy

Jordan McGhee

Conrad Balatoni

Think that's all of them. I've bolded the unquestioned dug meat.

Edited by Marshmallo

Jamie MacDonald
Tom Taiwo
Alan Maybury
Alex Cooper
Joe Shaughnessy
Owain Tudur Jones
David Smith
Aaron Muirhead
Mark Kerr 
John Baird
Taylor Morgan
Rory Boulding
Danny Rogers
Bob McHugh
Paul Watson
Ryan Sinnamon
Lee Miller
Alex Tokarczyk
Conor McGrandles (loan)
Nathan Austin
Kevin McCann
Myles Hippolyte
Deniz Mehment
Robbie Thomson
Luca Gasparotto
Fraser Aird
Joe McKee
John Rankin
Harry Girdwood
Liam Henderson
David Mitchell
Alex Harris
The Ghost of Rory Loy
Jordan McGhee
Conrad Balatoni

Unsure why this even occurred to me as he has no right to occupy brain storage, but Liam Henderson aswell who contributed less than f**k all. And Houston is ultimately responsible for Scott Shepherds extended stay far beyond any slight hint of usefullness. Both of those go in the negative pile.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
Jamie MacDonald
Tom Taiwo
Alan Maybury
Alex Cooper
Joe Shaughnessy
Owain Tudur Jones
David Smith
Aaron Muirhead
Mark Kerr 
John Baird
Taylor Morgan
Rory Boulding
Danny Rogers
Bob McHugh
Paul Watson
Ryan Sinnamon
Lee Miller
Alex Tokarczyk
Conor McGrandles (loan)
Nathan Austin
Kevin McCann
Myles Hippolyte
Deniz Mehment
Robbie Thomson
Luca Gasparotto
Fraser Aird
Joe McKee
John Rankin
Harry Girdwood
Liam Henderson
David Mitchell
Alex Harris
The Ghost of Rory Loy
Jordan McGhee
Conrad Balatoni

Unsure why this even occurred to me as he has no right to occupy brain storage, but Liam Henderson aswell who contributed less than f**k all. And Houston is ultimately responsible for Scott Shepherds extended stay far beyond any slight hint of usefullness. Both of those go in the negative pile.

2 (two) years extension for shepps.