The Falkirk FC Thread

Agree. Both need to go.However for me it’s not just about them going. I want to know the strategy of anyone coming in, in their place, before I’ll renew or contribute to any share issue.

Totally agree, for me the fans share issue should be involved with any investors coming in. I attended the meeting and liked the proposals put forward by the group.

100% correct bud so . tell me something if Lang and Campbell go who steer's the ship

You tell me? But Isn’t that my point?
Are you genuinely saying they should remain in place and no one else could do better?

Just a honest post bud from someone outside the club . yes heads will roll from top to bottom . but the chairperson and board members are only carrying out orders from above

Two major shareholders on the Board, they are all tarnished outside the commercial director who should never have gone on the board with these fucking idiots anyway

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Surely they are put in those positions to steer the club in the right direction on behalf of the other major stakeholders? Something they have miserably failed to deliver.....

I dare say the major stakeholders decided to stop the youth set up due to cost (short sighted I think). However the board did seem to deliver on Mangerial appointments, most Bairns seemed more than happy when Hartley was given the job, and down right ecstatic when McKinnon was given the job,  Therefore you could say that BOD were trying to do what the majority of fans wanted - just unfortunate that both of those  'Managers'  we're not up to the task?

52 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Just to check folks thinking - would you refuse to renew or buy season tickets only if Campbell AND Lang are removed, or would one of Campbell OR Lang suffice?

Both for me.

Campbell will be gone - his wage is completely unsustainable in the Championship, never mind League One. I fear Laing might end up hanging about like a bad smell for a bit.

I dare say the major stakeholders decided to stop the youth set up due to cost (short sighted I think). However the board did seem to deliver on Mangerial appointments, most Bairns seemed more than happy when Hartley was given the job, and down right ecstatic when McKinnon was given the job,  Therefore you could say that BOD were trying to do what the majority of fans wanted - just unfortunate that both of those  'Managers'  we're not up to the task?

There’s a number of reasons above and beyond managerial appointments that are why I want them gone.

Also note that I wasn’t exactly supportive of either managerial appointment, particularly the latter. However I could understand why they were popular appointments...

IMO Falkirk don't need a CEO but they need a strong chairman full time appointment who can take on day to day running of the club wish I was offered it would strip the club back to the core and reinstate the youth policy tomorrow . long long road back am afraid

Two major shareholders on the Board, they are all tarnished outside the commercial director who should never have gone on the board with these fucking idiots anyway

Careful or you’ll have Lex blubbering down the phone at you.

43 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

for me the fans share issue should be involved with any investors coming in. I attended the meeting and liked the proposals put forward by the group.

That for me is the absolute core issue for our future.

Change is inevitable. No leadership of any company can survive the hostility from their customers that we're seeing at present.

The problem for me is what the motives of their replacements will be. Decades ago, a not-very-successful board of local businessmen were forced out. They were replaced by a family called the Deans. George, Paul and Hamish. I am sure some of the older posters on here will remember them. Let's just say there were issues.

Then they were replaced by George Fulston. Who had even more issues. He took us into provisional liquidation and was ultimately replaced by some of the people who still control the club today.

The memories of those two owners still send a shudder down my spine. We cannot afford to have people like them in charge of our club again.

Whatever happens, the next set of custodians have to be either local & with an emotional attachment to FFC, or willing to allow the fans an extremely large say in the running of it. 

That for me is the absolute core issue for our future.
Change is inevitable. No leadership of any company can survive the hostility from their customers that we're seeing at present.
The problem for me is what the motives of their replacements will be. Decades ago, a not-very-successful board of local businessmen were forced out. They were replaced by a family called the Deans. George, Paul and Hamish. I am sure some of the older posters on here will remember them. Let's just say there were issues.
Then they were replaced by George Fulston. Who had even more issues. He took us into provisional liquidation and was ultimately replaced by some of the people who still control the club today.
The memories of those two owners still send a shudder down my spine. We cannot afford to have people like them in charge of our club again.
Whatever happens, the next set of custodians have to be either local & with an emotional attachment to FFC, or willing to allow the fans an extremely large say in the running of it. 

It can only have the latter IMO. Anyone coming in now who sidelines the fans has no chance.

Fans always get their way at football clubs. The sooner our board wake up and realise that the better. The longer it goes on the worse it will get.

I guarantee you one thing. This lot step aside, donate their shares, not reduce their %, and allow the fans to elect properly the right people to run the club and we would sell record ST’s for any provisional club in that league and more investment would fly in at a drop of a hat.

They hang about now and we are fucked or it will cost Alexander and Ritchie a right few quid

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

It can only have the latter IMO. Anyone coming in now who sidelines the fans has no chance.

Fans always get their way at football clubs. The sooner our board wake up and realise that the better. The longer it goes on the worse it will get.

I guarantee you one thing. This lot step aside, donate their shares, not reduce their %, and allow the fans to elect properly the right people to run the club and we would sell record ST’s for any provisional club in that league and more investment would fly in at a drop of a hat.

They hang about now and we are fucked or it will cost Alexander and Ritchie a right few quid

Correct, we are all waiting in the wings while they f*ck about trying to get the best deal for themselves not the club.

The fact they turned down the money for the academy said it all for me, it was all getting covered yet they didn't want it, lies at every turn.

20 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

What really?? Have they moved then? Coz no-one could possibly describe the absolute hell hole that is Greenock as a good day out.  

Aye cos your 3 sided seating amenity situated in the middle of nowhere with a giant fucking chimnea in the background is a magic day out.  Get doon.  

Aye cos your 3 sided seating amenity situated in the middle of nowhere with a giant fucking chimnea in the background is a magic day out.  Get doon.  

We've got a f*cking big wheel,
We've got a f*cking big wheel,
Na na na na,
Na na na na...

We've got a f*cking big chimnea,
We've got a f*cking big chimnea,
Na na na na,
Na na na na...

We always needed a 2nd verse, cheers pal!

Given your handle name,I do wonder why you probably live in Largs rather than Greenock....