The Falkirk FC Thread

Just before you all get excited about signing Buchanan he was a stalwart in our defence that finished 7th in the league. He is okay nothing more surprised you didn't go for Fordyce tbh

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I doubt we'll be going for anyone until the takeover shite gets sorted out, tbh. That'll take a couple of weeks, then we'll be snuffling around whatever is left. 

Quite high risk strategy tbh but better spend an extra season in league 1 than have wasters running the club

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

He's done it for a lot of things apparently someone had designed a chess set and he refused for the knights being kelpies as well as a few other ideas with kelpie in it, by all accounts he seems to be a bit of a bawbag about things, he's one of those that because he is alive and his work being famous he wants to make as much as he can of it without it or the merchandise as well being tacky and lowering the tone of the artistic side of things.  lets face it most famous artists were dead before their work got made famous.

Did he no get the nearby burger bar moved (or refuse a new one) cause it would spoil the aesthetics of the place (or some-such) ?

Edited by Ned Nederlander

You're right.
There's a degree of compulsion here.
Laughing at you guys is something of an addiction.  Fortunately, the fixes keep coming.

You see, I quite enjoy reading amusing and entertaining posts from the majority of trolls on here. Sadly yours don’t fit into either category.....

11 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Just before you all get excited about signing Buchanan he was a stalwart in our defence that finished 7th in the league. He is okay nothing more surprised you didn't go for Fordyce tbh

Fordyce isn't very good in truth.  Too accident prone. 

Falkirk will be fine next season.  With a modicum of sense, they'll be able to sign better players than their rivals in most positions.

I'll be surprised if they don't top the League.  I'll be astonished if they finish outside the play-off spots, which they ought to be favourites to emerge victorious from.

I  think it was a combination of that and the fact he claimed it was tacky, tbf it was when you consider a world famous landmark and you call it a kelpie burger, thing is whats he gone to do strip it down and sell it for scrap its not as if he paid for it was lottery money was it not.

think he tried to get a bloody big bear built next to the A1 next to North Berwick/Dunbar to try and leech of the Kelpies popularity and his fame.

In all fairness Falkirk council are as good at clusterf*cks as our board in fact they proably surpass it as far as incompetence goes:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sculptor-andy-scott-wants-burger-8625824

Edited by AL-FFC

50 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

It's more a case that the current board seem unwilling to spend any money since they are on the way out and want to show a good clean book to the incoming board. Either way it's shaping up to be a clusterfuck of a season. Would at least be consistent with the boards Championship strategy of trying to fluke a league win.

Seems odd really as the new board would want to see audited accounts each season and the financial year has only just began so will have the prize money and parachute payment with almost no major outgoings where as every season prior it has been a big spend after big spend.

41 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Fordyce isn't very good in truth.  Too accident prone. 

Falkirk will be fine next season.  With a modicum of sense, they'll be able to sign better players than their rivals in most positions.

I'll be surprised if they don't top the League.  I'll be astonished if they finish outside the play-off spots, which they ought to be favourites to emerge victorious from.

No Fordyce isint very good but in League one when cash is tight a player who can play at a decent level at both CB and RB is far better than Buchanan who can only play CB and is about as error prone but with worse hair

Just now, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Previous years spending was out of savings, this year they are gone. Hence them not spending anything, as there's f**k all to spend and they aren't going to put loans on the books when they are trying to sell.

Good point hadn't realised the cash was gone, seems odd they wanted to try and hold on after depleting cash reserves so badly

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If there is money to be made, they'll hang on. Whether through expenses of shares. The CEO who presided over this shite was apparently on 70k, which tells you everything you need to know.

Good work if you can get it, running a football club must cost our board who don't get any recompense a fortune even following the club and going to SPFL meetings. Hope you're new board are good guys

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Well, they can't be asset strippers, because we don't fucking have any :lol:

Who pays the maintenance because we sink £250k into EEP and I would be surprised if the ground washes its own face.

Just now, HopeStreetPieStall said:

We only own the pitch facing parts of the stadium, the pitch itself and some office space as far as I'm aware. The Council owns the rest.

Haha the bits exposed to the weather that need the most care great!

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I doubt we'll be going for anyone until the takeover shite gets sorted out, tbh. That'll take a couple of weeks, then we'll be snuffling around whatever is left. 

I thought that yesterday but I was wrong. There is now money available for recruitment. Undoubtedly it's not as much as the manager would like, and it'll be topped up when the new owners are in place, but at least we're finally in a position to offer contracts.

The exact timings will depend on when an agent says "we accept" but I think you'll probably see some player announcements this week.

Feckin hope so. I'm away with Scotland the following week and I'll be pure dead ragin if we do nothing for five week and then everything happens when I'm in Belgium. :thumbsdown 

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Plastic seats and a plastic pitch. Council need to maintain all the internals and the outside of the whole stadium. Where it hamstrings us is that we have no control over and no financial gain from any of the internals like, say, St Johnstone do.

That's true it's probably more efficient to run a modern stadium EEP is a total rat run inside and when they built the Norrie and Cowden ends the put the dressing rooms under the Norrie and then back filled it with concrete meaning there would be great space to utilise under the stands but the board at the time obviously felt different. Meaning we have about a 6th of the available modern space but the main stand is just a mess of different renevations on about 4 levels

7 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

That's true it's probably more efficient to run a modern stadium EEP is a total rat run inside and when they built the Norrie and Cowden ends the put the dressing rooms under the Norrie and then back filled it with concrete meaning there would be great space to utilise under the stands but the board at the time obviously felt different. Meaning we have about a 6th of the available modern space but the main stand is just a mess of different renevations on about 4 levels

4 sides though.

That's got to be a good thing.