The Falkirk FC Thread

Folk will say that Gomis has experience but Tidser is 29 and McShane has won League 1 and The Championship.

Get these duffers tae fvck man, honestly.

Sign some young boiz to give the fans some excitement.

Wur no building anything for a double promotion with Gomis CDM on a 1 yr deal.

Just now, BendtnerBairn said:

Folk will say that Gomis has experience but Tidser is 29 and McShane has won League 1 and The Championship.

Gomis and Dixon on 2 years are without a doubt a bit Meh signings but plenty still to come, and the fact Gomis only got 1 year tells you the manager does not fancy him for the Champ.

If your expectation is for back to back promotions, i would lower them

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

Gomis and Dixon on 2 years are without a doubt a bit Meh signings but plenty still to come, and the fact Gomis only got 1 year tells you the manager does not fancy him for the Champ.

Zombie, son, that's no my expectation that's Ray's.

That's what he was spinning after we got relegated. So his signings are with this ambition in mind.

5 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

I'm looking for good players and in that respect, Gomis might be a bit meh. But then at this level he might not be. What worries me is that any young players we pick up at this level won't just have slipped through Premiership level, but Championship level and we could end up with a team full of Haworths and Comptons.

Zombie, son, that's no my expectation that's Ray's.

That's what he was spinning after we got relegated. So his signings are with this ambition in mind.

as many have said before i would take what he said with a pinch of salt, it was right after being relegated and i'm sure he was just trying to give the fans some hope.

Getting back to back promotions with Lex Miller currently head of Football operations beyond ridiculous.

Think people are forgetting what league we are in when we are signing these players.

‘Ah but Housty would have got slagged if he signed them!!?!’ Aye you’re right, we were aiming to win the championship with him, not league one.

‘These players won’t get us double promotion!!?!’ Apart from Livingston name me one team in the last 10 years that has gained double promotion from league one? We were a terrible championship team for the past two years.

Our signings so far have been a bit above my expectations.  At league 1 level what can we really expect?  I think this is the time to concentrate on the job ahead of us this year, to win the league and worry about the next couple of years later.  Signing steady known faces who have played decently at higher levels is fine by me after signing any random unproven player the past couple of years and hoping for the best.

Throw in a couple of on-the-rise young players and I think we'll end up with a better team than the past two years in the championship.

This was the drivel Morton fans were spouting how good Tidser was and what his options were when leaving the first time regarding his level.
The peak of his career so far is to look good for Morton fans twice and given the above claims, I'm currently checking if a glue factory is close by to cappielow.

Well just like most balls punted up towards Mckenna and The Edge last season my post has clearly went over your head.

Think people are forgetting what league we are in when we are signing these players.

‘Ah but Housty would have got slagged if he signed them!!?!’ Aye you’re right, we were aiming to win the championship with him, not league one.

‘These players won’t get us double promotion!!?!’ Apart from Livingston name me one team in the last 10 years that has gained double promotion from league one? We were a terrible championship team for the past two years.
Spot on. Some fans really need to get a grip. I can't wait to see the fans on Facebook and Twitter moan when we don't sign a "proven goalscorer"

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Am no saying I am demanding the title next season. Just saying wur no helping ourselves.

Just asking for a bit of momentum to be challenging for top 4.

St Mirren basically done it when they won the title with about 4 months of it the season before surving relegation.

Ayr United last year continued their momentum. Queens in 13/14 when we beat them in the play-offs.

Am no saying I am demanding the title next season. Just saying wur no helping ourselves.
St Mirren basically done it when they won the title with about 4 months of it the season before surving relegation.
Ayr United last year continued their momentum. Queens in 13/14 when we beat them in the play-offs.

We won't be able to sign 20 players who will all be championship level. We'll need guys who will be good enough to get us out of league 1 then replace them in the summer with guys capable of competing at the top of the championship.

Just now, Rocco said:
2 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

We won't be able to sign 20 players who will all be championship level. We'll need guys who will be good enough to get us out of league 1 then replace them in the summer with guys capable of competing at the top of the championship.

Tell me where I've said that?

I would just prefer signing a 21 year old League 1 centre mid on a 2 year deal that can improve in a midfield with Tidser and McShane, create an understanding against weaker times and improve for next season as opposed to a 33 y/o on a 1 yr deal.

No asking for a team eh Tidser's.

Calm doon, man.

Guest Ecosse83

Gomis is a quality signing for League 1. Let's worry about the Championship if we get back there next season. 

Not sure what some posters on here are expecting!

Yep. We need to take a sensible approach. If we need twenty in this season, lets make sure its only ten next season. Some only need to be good enough to be a League 1 sqaud player. How anyone expects a two seaaon plan to mean we sign nothing but Championship winning calibre now is beyond me.

I would just prefer signing a 21 year old League 1 centre mid on a 2 year deal that can improve in a midfield with Tidser and McShane, create an understanding against weaker times and improve for next season as opposed to a 33 y/o on a 1 yr deal.
Calm doon, man.
Sorry, I misunderstood your point. I think he'll go for experience down the spine and add youth in the full back, wings and forward areas

Guest Ecosse83

Calm doon, man.

Those players don't go to another team in league 1 they go to a club at a higher level. If there good enough that is!

Boardroom shambles. Manager seeing his career ending if we don’t get out of this league at the first attempt means he will take absolutely no risks whatsoever. It will be middling players that he knows well and trusts. 

Fully expect us to win most games, but I doubt if we will be scoring loads of goals.

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Those players don't go to another team in league 1 they go to a club at a higher level. If there good enough that is!

Aye I appreciate that but we are the Box Office Bairns at the end of the day.

Look at Tidser.

The boi that Dunfermline signed from Stranraer would have been perfect for us I thought. And we aw ken we are bigger than them so.