The Falkirk FC Thread

It's clearly a statement to get people to buy season tickets because they've shat it with the low(er) amount shifted so far. Oh look we're honestly doing something it's just going to take a few months, buy your season tickets and we'll go soon. 3 months down the line they'll be out doing the Mr Bean up ye out the sunroof at everyone.
Charlatans.

Really are you suggesting that our board would try and play the supporters in this way. Let’s be serious for a moment 2 months have already passed another 3 or 4 to weigh up bids what total bullshit . You could carry out due diligence to buy out a ftse 100 company in 4 weeks ! No self respecting buyer would wait 6 months to secure a deal. So what’s going on here is the question . 3 new fan friendly board members instead of Kenny and David is insulting to those of us who just want rid and move on .There are now more board members than players !!!!

Scott Davidson wanted to use us as a toy. Not the sort of person you want in charge. He was told to do one from what I have been told.

You were told wrong. He pulled on the same day as the Local fans consortium. Within hours Ritchie was trying to get him back to the table.

He wanted 70% of the club but wanted to work with the supporters. If the BtB offer was not going to be accepted this was by far and away the best alternative on the table. The MSG lost this guy not the other way around.

I genuinely believe there is a purpose in bringing new members onto the board as part of a transition period whilst the main part of the season is about to kick in. I’d speculate that there’s work to be done to get things in order before numbers could be settled upon.
I also believe the board are seriously considering moving on eventually.
What I don’t understand is after all these weeks of silence we are not even at the preferred bidder stage?
There’s little chance of progress if this woeful board can’t even draw conclusions after weeks, re what is in the best interests of the club (and themselves of course)......
I won’t be renewing my ST this season at all now. No need to anyway....

Apart from the BtB bid there are no credible bids on the table. Hopefully the EGM will expose this charade.

Scott Davidson’s plans did not pass the due diligence procedures and his bid was not considered further 

So why was it then the club approached him for a bid not the other way around?

Did they not do DD before approaching him? Or are you being told what to say by someone at the club?

Guest Ecosse83
7 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

Scott Davidson’s plans did not pass the due diligence procedures and his bid was not considered further 

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

You appear to believe you are in the know.
What particular aspect failed the due diligence test?

tumbleweed GIF

Storey was decent for us 4 years ago in the Premiership, as usual he goes elsewhere in Scotland and flops.  Us ICT fans call it the Pele Curse.  Stems from when he left us and soon was a massive drunk again not turning up for Aberdeen games.  Countless other players and managers have left us and their careers have turned to shite.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Countless other players and managers have left us and their careers have turned to shite.

We had a nice wee habit of seeing the peak of certain players ability too and then watching them be average at best elsewhere.

Sadly now we get them at the bottom of their career as they max out the shitness

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Storey was decent for us 4 years ago in the Premiership, as usual he goes elsewhere in Scotland and flops.  Us ICT fans call it the Pele Curse.  Stems from when he left us and soon was a massive drunk again not turning up for Aberdeen games.  Countless other players and managers have left us and their careers have turned to shite.

Miles Storey fell into my fast trap. I always reckon players who are quick should be better and am more surprised they are shit than the slow ones. It's Scott Sloane Syndrome.

2-0 down at HT to Hamilton.

Not a lot between the sides but nothing upfront and gave away 2 cheap goals

Only Gomes not playing

Alston and O'Hara starting for Hamilton

Edited by Back Post Misses

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

2-0 down at HT to Hamilton.

Not a lot between the sides but nothing upfront and gave away 2 cheap goals

Only Gomes not playing

Dont' tell me Kevin O'hara and the boy fae Camelon scored the goals😆😆

6 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

How many trialists have we got in the squad?

French lad upfront and a heep of players on the bench from some Academy/Foundation

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Dont' tell me Kevin O'hara and the boy fae Camelon scored the goals😆😆

No

Doyle looking really good. Two CH's meh, Telfer, Tidser and Connelly decent

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

Money so tight at Capielow the players are now having to clean the stands.... 

I would''t have trusted the majority of our players  fae last season with even that menial task to be honest.