The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

"As members of the board, the new directors will have a role to play in deciding the future of the club.  Two formal bids are under consideration and a Back the Bairns proposal remains on the table. " 

I am pretty confident above highlight is a complete lie.

I'm pretty confident it's not.

Over the last week, I've been in contact with three different sources and all said that those bids are still on the table. One of those sources, whom I trust implicitly, has nothing to do with the board, the directors, the MSG or the employees. His information comes from well outwith FFC and as it ties with what I've heard from within the club I believe it.

Out of interest, why do people believe otherwise? Is it just down to suspicion of the owners, which is perfectly reasonable, or does anyone actually have anything concrete they can report? A conversation with one of the directors? A communication with the guys involved with fan ownership? Anything at all?

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
Extra paragraph added.

While the 3 new board members on the face of it look like good additions to the running of the club. This 3 to 4 month for new owners just does not ring true.

Interested parties will have seen the prospective of what was for sale.

Due diligence demands the parties involved are investigated to access their suitability. Eliminate money laundering, Ongoing court proceeding. Financial strength etc That's 1 month max.

After that the shortlist get access to the companies books and records to formulate a bid and carry out their own due diligence, again that's 1 month max.

Stating new owners will not be in place for 3 -4 months indicates that are certain areas both parties have a concern about and are still negotiating.

This is disconcerting to say the least and does nothing to rebuild trust in the custodians of the club. What it also does is plant the seed of mistrust in the new owners whoever they may be. Not what you want when trust and goodwill is crucial.

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm pretty confident it's not.

Over the last week, I've been in contact with three different sources and all said that those bids are still on the table. One of those sources, whom I trust implicitly, has nothing to do with the board, the directors, the MSG or the employees. His information comes from well outwith FFC and as it ties with what I've heard from within the club I believe it.

Fair enough but I trust who i have heard this from implicitly. 

i hope there is 2 bids on the table along with the BtB scheme (which should already have been enacted upon) but i just don't believe there is and that saying there are is simply a tactic to keep fans/sponsors on side.

It's clearly a statement to get people to buy season tickets because they've shat it with the low(er) amount shifted so far. Oh look we're honestly doing something it's just going to take a few months, buy your season tickets and we'll go soon. 3 months down the line they'll be out doing the Mr Bean up ye out the sunroof at everyone.

Charlatans.

51 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

image.thumb.png.a8264d5eb97037afe5090099f2be2122.png

Interesting development this, not sure if the 3-4 months means post takeover or until the takeover though.

Hope they go go for some sort of fans ownership

I got as far as the word "Deans" and bounced my phone off the wall in horror, tbh. 

3 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

i hope there is 2 bids on the table along with the BtB scheme (which should already have been enacted upon) but i just don't believe there is and that saying there are is simply a tactic to keep fans/sponsors on side.

I don't know any of the three new directors. However, how can they "provide scrutiny and guidance on new ownership bids" if those bids don't exist?

They could keep quiet about it for a few months but once the truth came out it would destroy their reputations forever. And if they're weel-kent local faces, as the statement seems to imply, they're not really in a position to perpetuate a lie.

Does anyone know these people? Are they credible and trustworthy?

These new three are Lex Miller patsys. At least two of the three have very close business or personal/family association with Lex Miller.

Nothing. But. Patsys.

Try harder Lex.

Once again they think we are stupid

Just now, Bairnardo said:

These new three are Lex Miller patsys. At least two of the three have very close business or personal/family association with Lex Miller.

Nothing. But. Patsys.

Try harder Lex.

Once again they think we are stupid

You are though. 

I don't know any of the three new directors. However, how can they "provide scrutiny and guidance on new ownership bids" if those bids don't exist?
They could keep quiet about it for a few months but once the truth came out it would destroy their reputations forever. And if they're weel-kent local faces, as the statement seems to imply, they're not really in a position to perpetuate a lie.
Does anyone know these people? Are they credible and trustworthy?

I would argue that their reputations are already destroyed forever.

I dont think they want to sell anymore and this is just another way of kicking the can down the road for the next 3-4 months.

I dont know these guys either and hope they have agreed to join for all the right reasons. Any light anyone could shead on them would be appreicated.