The Falkirk FC Thread

His comment was meant to mean that even if he sells up he'll still follow the team home and away. It certainly didn't mean he'd be a major shareholder from now to eternity as some folk seem to have misinterpreted it as.

He actually said

“If people are boycotting because of the MSG they are not going to be coming very much, as the MSG are going nowhere”

He actually said

“If people are boycotting because of the MSG they are not going to be coming very much, as the MSG are going nowhere”

Which would suggest this has all been a very poor PR stunt. Could they actually believe they will come out of this looking great either way it unfolds?

Which would suggest this has all been a very poor PR stunt. Could they actually believe they will come out of this looking great either way it unfolds?
I suppose like everyone else, I have mulled over this possibility.... But surely to f**k, they would pave pulled the plug before now. Before the whole thing got to these level of embarrassment. MC appears on the edge of starting to throw knives about on twitter.

Are they waiting till the last fan turns on MC before riding in? They all look ridiculous.

Not convinced on the PR stunt conspiracy theory.

Nor me. I think SA is “the least saft” of the MSG, and the one most likely to cast a cynical eye on MC. MR and CL would be the most likely to take his guff at face value (for a while at least).

I don’t think it’s a stunt. I think it’s a divided MSG, and for once, that might not be a bad thing for now. This geezer could go buy Livingston or some such. He seems custom made for an outfit like that.

This guy is sniffing around not because we are wonderful or special or are some kind of sleeping giant. There will be a set of circumstances that suit a scheme (or a scam) that we are currently unaware of. There’s a catch to all of this that as of now, hasn’t been nailed down.

Not convinced on the PR stunt conspiracy theory.

You know my feelings currently mate, I’m purely trying to engage my thoughts and feelings on the football side of things. Everything else is getting silly now, regardless of how it pans out.

I don’t think anyone from the MSG can come out of this well now though, staying on or not.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Nor me. I think SA is “the least saft” of the MSG, and the one most likely to cast a cynical eye on MC. MR and CL would be the most likely to take his guff at face value (for a while at least).

I don’t think it’s a stunt. I think it’s a divided MSG, and for once, that might not be a bad thing for now. This geezer could go buy Livingston or some such. He seems custom made for an outfit like that.

This guy is sniffing around not because we are wonderful or special or are some kind of sleeping giant. There will be a set of circumstances that suit a scheme (or a scam) that we are currently unaware of. There’s a catch to all of this that as of now, hasn’t been nailed down.

Probably because we have no debt, some assets and (hopefully still ) cash in the bank - up until recently the club was a profitable business , not sure how we sit now after Craig Campbell's reign but it is still an attractive business for someone.  

I have always had a problem with how he has come out of nowhere , tried to get Sunderland first - and is now acting like the Falkirk Superfan on Twitter, to embarrassing levels.

He originally said he would take no wage from Falkirk and every single penny would be reinvested in the club, then recently he's been saying he does intend to make money through transfers, real estate & a hotel. How can this change so dramatically when presumably you have a business plan which has been submitted to the MSG/BOD as  a major part of the process?   

Probably because we have no debt, some assets and (hopefully still ) cash in the bank - up until recently the club was a profitable business , not sure how we sit now after Craig Campbell's reign but it is still an attractive business for someone.  

I have always had a problem with how he has come out of nowhere , tried to get Sunderland first - and is now acting like the Falkirk Superfan on Twitter, to embarrassing levels.

He originally said he would take no wage from Falkirk and every single penny would be reinvested in the club, then recently he's been saying he does intend to make money through transfers, real estate & a hotel. How can this change so dramatically when presumably you have a business plan which has been submitted to the MSG/BOD as  a major part of the process?   

It shouldn’t be forgotten when he first appeared on the scene that it was being suggested that he wanted to buy both clubs and turn us into a Sunderland feeder club.

Hardly the actions of someone whose got the best interests of our club and supporters at heart....

I just feel the MSG have been conned and are trying to make the best of this,Campbell is a conman and his past is catching up on him.To be a liar you have to have a good memory.
But why not just empty him? Why let him keep on spouting shite and engaging with the fans? The longer it goes the worse both parties look.

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

To answer your question. Because it was never credible what he said about putting money in and taking nothing out. That got my alarm bells ringing and have been against him since. It was bullshit then and its bullshit now.

We have minimal assets as being minor stakeholders in the stadium and nothing else.

If he had done a Fergus McCann and laid out a business plan about what he was going to do eg. stadium development maximise income and sound financial management with a 3 - 5 -10 year KPI'S  to ensure objectives met. Be clear what he was going to take out the club once objectives had been met. Most supporters would have said ' great on you go ' instead we got waffle.

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He actually said

Yes they are still going to be watching the bairns home or away whether they are majority share holders or not. He made that clear that was what he meant when I asked him a couple of weeks ago. 

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

(Checking the tables) Still looks like 20 > 19. Still enjoying Ray?

Still enjoying dinosaur Mcglynn. Surely he should've been emptied the moment arbroath beat you to the league one title comfortably. I'd expect mckinnon to be out on his ear if we suffer a similar fate this season.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
10 hours ago, keithgy said:
I just feel the MSG have been conned and are trying to make the best of this,Campbell is a conman and his past is catching up on him.To be a liar you have to have a good memory.

But why not just empty him? Why let him keep on spouting shite and engaging with the fans? The longer it goes the worse both parties look.

Someone had mentioned that until DD was fully complete eg MC providing proof of how he acquired his fortune, then the MSG are unable to tell him to bolt otherwise they would be liable for any costs incurred by MC.  I've no idea if this is correct or not.

Someone had mentioned that until DD was fully complete eg MC providing proof of how he acquired his fortune, then the MSG are unable to tell him to bolt otherwise they would be liable for any costs incurred by MC.  I've no idea if this is correct or not.
Thats the only thing that would make sense, that having started a process you are legally dutybound to see it through. Meantime we are powerless watching an absolute shambles.

Yes they are still going to be watching the bairns home or away whether they are majority share holders or not. He made that clear that was what he meant when I asked him a couple of weeks ago. 

I was at the EGM, you were not. It was clear what he said and how it was meant at the time.