The Falkirk FC Thread

Have to assume that with the time spent doing nothing, and the increasing likelihood that this current season doesnt get finished, we have seen the last of Lee Miller in a Falkirk jersey and wont get to see his glorious attempt to spearhead us to the title.

Just in case anyone needed their day made a smidge worse.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Have to assume that with the time spent doing nothing, and the increasing likelihood that this current season doesnt get finished, we have seen the last of Lee Miller in a Falkirk jersey and wont get to see his glorious attempt to spearhead us to the title.

Just in case anyone needed their day made a smidge worse.

Now there is an interesting point. Are not Miller and McCracken only contracted to the end of the season in May ? 

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

In that case FFC have to make a policy statement or at least a weekly update on their thinking. The longer they say nothing and keep people in the dark the further any trust that was left between the fans and the board will erode.

No one knows what is happening tbf.

You can't really make any statement on plans forward till they know what forward is.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Don't disagree that why I mentioned a weekly update should there be not statement. Hope this clarifies.

I'd rather have an update when something happens.

A weekly scheduled one could only be filled with waffle about players training hard at home, looking forward to playing in the navy blue again, etc, etc.  The contracts probably won't expire until the end of May, which is 8 weeks away. Do you really want 8 weeks of Mikey Doyle fitness videos or Louis Longridge playing keepie-uppie with bog roll?

I imagine the board have discussed the various "what if" scenarios. Contingency planning is standard practice for most businesses. But until those scenarios become real I don't see any point in telling the world how you plan to deal with something that may never happen.

31 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Don't disagree that why I mentioned a weekly update should there be not statement. Hope this clarifies.

Update or statement of nothing weekly and I'd be crying for Doug Henderson to write one .

No one knows what is happening, best for an update or statement when there is at least an idea of when they do know.

Edited by MrDust

I'd rather have an update when something happens.
A weekly scheduled one could only be filled with waffle about players training hard at home, looking forward to playing in the navy blue again, etc, etc.  The contracts probably won't expire until the end of May, which is 8 weeks away. Do you really want 8 weeks of Mikey Doyle fitness videos or Louis Longridge playing keepie-uppie with bog roll?
I imagine the board have discussed the various "what if" scenarios. Contingency planning is standard practice for most businesses. But until those scenarios become real I don't see any point in telling the world how you plan to deal with something that may never happen.

I can imagine the Longridge bog roll video now, being amazed by his keepy uppy routine for about 3 minutes then puzzled as he inexplicably launches it off a mirror and smashes it all over the floor

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I can imagine the Longridge bog roll video now, being amazed by his keepy uppy routine for about 3 minutes then puzzled as he inexplicably launches it off a mirror and smashes it all over the floor

No PR waffle as you correctly gave an example of. One line statement on a Friday morning would do. We are awaiting developments-Discussions are ongoing with Miller and McCracken-We are in discussions with Ross County regarding McManus. Just an inkling of the direction the club is going. It's a win win. Good PR. Board improving communications. Fans know what's happening. 

20 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Breaking news

Staff at the Scottish FA and and SPFL have taken a 10% wage cut, while wage increases and annual bonuses have been waived.

Scotland manager Steve Clarke and SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell have also agreed to pay cuts, while dozens of staff are entering the government job retention scheme.

As posted earlier the elite look after themselves. 

Well done take a round of applause you shameless bas......s 

The 10% cut will be more than the paltry amount given to the bottom two league's recently.

The budgets next season for most clubs next season will be massively reduced, crowds will fall as many of the auld yins will be feart which will all impact sponsors and advertising.

It's crucial we do go up more so now in these times if the league is to be completed. We are probably 4+ weeks away till we are even in the picture if this even has a chance to be completed, the point where our league should've finished.

It's a big mess that will need to be resolved by uefa/our governing body but the bigger picture with the virus needs to be resolved first.

I think Bill Shankly would have changed his statement in these times

12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The 10% cut will be more than the paltry amount given to the bottom two league's recently.

The budgets next season for most clubs next season will be massively reduced, crowds will fall as many of the auld yins will be feart which will all impact sponsors and advertising.

It's crucial we do go up more so now in these times if the league is to be completed. We are probably 4+ weeks away till we are even in the picture if this even has a chance to be completed, the point where our league should've finished.

It's a big mess that will need to be resolved by uefa/our governing body but the bigger picture with the virus needs to be resolved first.

I think Bill Shankly would have changed his statement in these times

UEFA wont take the lead on this, i reckon they will leave it upto the ruling football associations/body this gives them a get out of jail free card by not being the one responsible for a club being shafted or not.

Question is do they have the balls to relegate Hearts or will there be a reconstruction to save them or is this season going to be put down to a null and void with no promotion or relegation to make it the season that never was.

45 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

UEFA wont take the lead on this, i reckon they will leave it upto the ruling football associations/body this gives them a get out of jail free card by not being the one responsible for a club being shafted or not.

Question is do they have the balls to relegate Hearts or will there be a reconstruction to save them or is this season going to be put down to a null and void with no promotion or relegation to make it the season that never was.

Leaving it to individual associations would be the correct decision imo given we'll probably have different lockdown and social distancing periods.  

I'm not bothered about Hearts or Partick being 'saved' as I'd scrap relegations and reward league leaders and 2nd place with promotion on current standings. 

No option is great but playing the outstanding games after the summer when teams have changed or 1 or 2 clubs have gone bust will be a minefield. Scrapping everything that's happened from the record books doesn't feel right either although nothing does just now!   

55 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Uefa have put guidelines in place that that the league's must start up by June ,that can change in which the governing bodies will then make the decision on how our season ends if the season doesn't restart.

I don't know whose responsibility it is regarding contracts will fall on, as the restart of the season will need weekly or monthly extensions permissions if we finish the season.

The irony is sevco said if Celtic are awarded the title without playing the remaining games it affects sporting integrity,funny that they weren’t complaining about Sporting integrity when they were winning titles with players they couldn’t afford with money they didn’t have.

13 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

BBC News 

Scotland's domestic rugby season was declared null and void on Tuesday, with the game's governing body and Scottish football authorities also unveiling pay reduction measures.

Scottish FA and SPFL staff - including Scotland head coach Steve Clarke - have taken a 10% wage cut during the coronavirus crisis.

Gregor Townsend, head coach of the rugby national team, has accepted a 25% pay deferral along with Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh counterparts Dave Rennie and Richard Cockerill.

Scottish Rugby chief executive Mark Dodson is deferring 30% of his salary, while the domestic season - which was cancelled 11 days ago - has now been voided after around half the clubs voted in favour.

The above news release just confirms how the Football Authorities are so out of touch with what’s going on around us. 
Can you see our clubs voting ? Get it that it’s not the same prize money’s etc, but morally the guys in my opinion have got it bang on. 

You can just tell our football governing body is going to need to tread very carefully as whatever decision they come to has to take into best interests of the arsecheeks that is the OF so no doubt it will be award Celtic the title but declare the season null and void. So in the eyes of Celtic they won it in the eyes of the Sevco it doesnt count as the season is null and void.