The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Do you know what the figures are?

My assumption has always been that we're getting screwed so I was surprised when GD said that it was a good deal for the club. Although he'll have the figures not only for what we're paying but presumably also on how they compare to other businesses who don't own the premises they work from. If you have specifics to contradict him I'd love to hear them.

On your other point about renegotiating tenancy rates, I believe we've raised the subject with FCSL.

I don't know what the figures are and I can't see anywhere what we pay the Stadium company per financial year.

Whatever our commitment to the stadium is. FFC should be doing what every other business tenant or leaseholder is with the Landlord. Giving them a reality check. The business environment has changed and FFC require a substantial reduction in what we pay.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Given the damage thats been done to the stand with the high winds i would imagine that repairing the likes of that would be down to the stadium company to repair, and i dare say that isnt cheap to repair given the requirement for high access etc to repair it so if the upkeep is down to the stadium company then cant be all bad surely ?

Well with the track record FFC have regarding negotiating our commitments to the stadium. The bill for it together with council administration costs which will be oh lets say 10k will end up with FFC. 

What a shower!
Just read a summary of a report by a respected epidemiologist in The Lancet whose view (I repeat view), is that everyone is eventually going to be infected by this virus and it will affect people in different ways from zero to death. The only advantage of lockdown is to slow this process down which it has done which means that the health service is operating at a very low capacity.
His view is that it would be better to end lockdown and speed up the infection rate and build up immunity.
He reckons that the benefits of a speedier return to economic normality and the health benefits therefrom far outweigh keepIng everyone battened down under house arrest.
I’ll leave you with a reference to an article by Toby Young who states that the biggest fear by lots of people is not the virus but coming out of furlough and going back to work.
Time we started putting pressure on the UK and Scottish governments to show a bit of grit and determination.
Personally , I would be quite happy to retake my seat in August with the usual folks next to me.

*sigh*
The point is, you and 'the usual folks" might never take your seats again if we go down this 'herd immunity' approach.
Also, to say that the positive health benefits of lifting lockdown (going back to work, watching the football) outweigh the negatives (vulnerable people dying) reeks of idiocy, and quite frankly, makes you look like a self-serving cnut.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I don't know what the figures are and I can't see anywhere what we pay the Stadium company per financial year.

Whatever our commitment to the stadium is. FFC should be doing what every other business tenant or leaseholder is with the Landlord. Giving them a reality check. The business environment has changed and FFC require a substantial reduction in what we pay.

Checking the Falkirk Council Financials, nothing is clear.

https://www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/council-democracy/budgets-spending-performance/docs/annual-accounts/audited/2018 - 2019 Audited Annual Accounts.pdf?v=201910291602

Page 85, Note 27 comes the closest to revealing anything, but even that doesn’t real mean squat. One way to read it suggests FFC pays between £300,000 and £400,000 per annum, but that number may actually subsume other leasees. Now, add the South Stand payment of about £97,000, and that’s the better part of a half million quid.

There is a note that FCSL paid the Council £400,000 last year, but was still in arrears by over a million quid. As a bonus note, Falkirk Council cash reserves were around £11,300,000 on 31 March, 2019, with a projected deficit of £400,000 for the year ending 31 March 2020...which I doubt is accurate with the virus impact. You might be right @HopeStreetWalker, the Council is likely nearly pissing blood, and might be casting about for options.

Tbf they were in grave danger of entering administration so you could understand his desperation of being awarded promotion! Let's just hope clubs survive this, won't be easy, especially with the way our government have handled this. Good luck

They go on about our chairman but the raith boys comments in the press are equally laughable. We were not bullied or coerced. Now why would someone bully or coerce someone whose voting the way they want anyway ffs. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They go on about our chairman but the raith boys comments in the press are equally laughable. We were not bullied or coerced. Now why would someone bully or coerce someone whose voting the way they want anyway ffs. 🤣🤣

Were they not in real danger of going bust ? Andy Mill set up a ‘Just Giving’ page begging fans for money during really tough times for the fans.

Guest Ecosse83
34 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Tbf they were in grave danger of entering administration so you could understand his desperation of being awarded promotion! Let's just hope clubs survive this, won't be easy, especially with the way our government have handled this. Good luck

If they were in danger then surely they will be absolutely fucked in the coming months, can't see a tiny payout they got helping for too long!

18 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What a shower!

Just read a summary of a report by a respected epidemiologist in The Lancet whose view (I repeat view), is that everyone is eventually going to be infected by this virus and it will affect people in different ways from zero to death. The only advantage of lockdown is to slow this process down which it has done which means that the health service is operating at a very low capacity.

His view is that it would be better to end lockdown and speed up the infection rate and build up immunity.

He reckons that the benefits of a speedier return to economic normality and the health benefits therefrom far outweigh keepIng everyone battened down under house arrest.

I’ll leave you with a reference to an article by Toby Young who states that the biggest fear by lots of people is not the virus but coming out of furlough and going back to work.

Time we started putting pressure on the UK and Scottish governments to show a bit of grit and determination.

Personally , I would be quite happy to retake my seat in August with the usual folks next to me.

On you go. Health benefits from a killer virus? Let the science guys come up with some answers on antibody testing first.

As for Toby Young?

I wouldn't want that c*nt as a foreskin.

44 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

If they were in danger then surely they will be absolutely fucked in the coming months, can't see a tiny payout they got helping for too long!

We are getting 150k from Fulham for the sale of Kieron Bowie, and have raised about 70k through various fan donation schemes. We'll be fine I would hope. 

1 hour ago, EFFC1938 said:

Aye I've no issue with them voting yes but why come out with a statement saying noone tried to coerce us? Is the man thick? They're only going to coerce or bully teams that aren't voting the way they want not ones that have already said they were voting yes ffs. I'm sure noone bullied or coerced dundee united, cove, or brechin either.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

17 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The way this Pandemic is shaping our future, and the developing situation between ( Sevco Hearts Partick Stranraer & ourselves V SPFL) there’s going be a hellava lot more “go fund me “ accounts required for most clubs. Whilst clubs like RR are giving themselves big fives at their fans efforts ( and rightly so) my guess is that we have a financial abyss ready to impact most clubs.

I think the boy Mill timed the just giving at Raith perfectly tbh. He got in about the fans before they realised how big this was with the financial impact on the personally.

I don’t agree with that approach but he got a good response and smashed the target he set himself.

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We are getting 150k from Fulham for the sale of Kieron Bowie, and have raised about 70k through various fan donation schemes. We'll be fine I would hope. 

Does the begging bowl coming out not concern you a bit?

That Donate A Ticket thing for example is almost exclusively non league clubs run by volunteers, then you have Raith. Seems a bit weird to me.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The way this Pandemic is shaping our future, and the developing situation between ( Sevco Hearts Partick Stranraer & ourselves V SPFL) there’s going be a hellava lot more “go fund me “ accounts required for most clubs. Whilst clubs like RR are giving themselves big fives at their fans efforts ( and rightly so) my guess is that we have a financial abyss ready to impact most clubs.

I wasn't aware they had a gofundme page. Have they raised much from that?

The chances of us being a League 1 club by the time a new season starts in is slim in my opinion. The landscape of Scottish football will look different and clubs will go to the wall. 

2 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If supporters can afford it they,ll donate,if not they wont.Dont see the issue

It was done well by Mill and he timed his pitch perfectly. People were asked for money before the understood the full financial impact on them of this situation.

Good salesman don’t think about the people they are selling to, they only care about hitting targets.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Does the begging bowl coming out not concern you a bit?

That Donate A Ticket thing for example is almost exclusively non league clubs run by volunteers, then you have Raith. Seems a bit weird to me.

The situation is concerning for all clubs I'd imagine. There is no income. And many clubs have little to no cash in the bank to get through this. East Fife are regarded as one of the better run clubs in the lower leagues, and have put a similar scheme in place, so it's not a problem unique to us. 

The crowd funder wasn't the clubs idea, it was suggested by the fans and the club put the scheme in place. It was also started before there was any knowledge of furlough, so we were facing the prospect of several months at least of players wages with no cash coming in. 

The Donate a Ticket scheme was set up by a Raith Rovers fan, so I'm not surprised to see us there either. 

We've just spend 3 years in this league trying to get out of it. Money is going to be tight, that may be something Falkirk find if they don't get out of this league at the next attempt. 

Bit of a tangent but this table just showed up on our "On this day" twitters...

EXpJ5GsXkAEJ29J.jpeg.9e9051df85286ef0f1d1aeefd6095177.jpeg

... from 2003.

Your home record that season is incredible. A genuine argument that side could've stayed up comfortably if they had been promoted?