The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well you've got to ask why weeks ago doncaster wanted the season finished and hearts relegated asap and yet now hes trying to force a 14 team top flight down everyones throats.  For most fans we still dont have a clue what's going on and nothing seems clearer.

Just what I was thinking, why the sudden keenness from Doncaster for the 14 team top league that was not there before but coincided exactly with the discussions with James Anderson.  

Something well dodgy going on & Budge is in the middle of it.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Plus we should be selling season tickets at this very moment but we cant due to having no idea what's happening. That money should be getting used to pay various annual costs. 

Exactly ! Have been going on for weeks about the clubs outgoings. It's getting near crunch time as contacts and contract get out options get to decision time at the end of June.

If no fixture list and a business plan by the end of June then FFC have no choice but to as good as suspend trading.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Exactly ! Have been going on for weeks about the clubs outgoings. It's getting near crunch time as contacts and contract get out options get to decision time at the end of June.

If no fixture list and a business plan by the end of June then FFC have no choice but to as good as suspend trading.

I have been wondering how much we are currently losing each month , and when the furlough scheme ends in October what the hit is then if the situation is the same.

If we have about 300K in the bank (?) , fag packet maths would point to us running out of cash by the end of the year if no incoming funds - maybe sooner if deferred costs are called in.    

The good thing is fans will dig deep again and there are some wealthy Falkirk fans on and off the board/MSG so cannot see us going under or even suspending trading.

And I still believe we an get some fans in stadiums before the end of the year. 

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The entire reconstruction thing has been an Ill thought out attempt to save Hearts, but wouldnt you agree that it's a bit harsh in the situation we are in, that if a football club says it's ready and able to play football, they arent allowed to because their peer group aren't in the same position?

Where are you drawing the line here, should Kelty Hearts be considered for multiple promotions purely because their owner has deep pockets? Can Cove just skip a tier or two because a rich guy is throwing silly money at them? Shall we invite any of the new West region in case some of them have big wads of cash, Darvel perhaps?

Falkirk fans keep saying "how do you hibernate a club with a full squad of players?" but you don't have a full squad of players and if you had no games to play you'd have grounds for making them redundant.  This theory that Falkirk would be hard done by, by being asked to wait for the league they're in to start is baffling.

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Where are you drawing the line here, should Kelty Hearts be considered for multiple promotions purely because their owner has deep pockets? Can Cove just skip a tier or two because a rich guy is throwing silly money at them? Shall we invite any of the new West region in case some of them have big wads of cash, Darvel perhaps?

Falkirk fans keep saying "how do you hibernate a club with a full squad of players?" but you don't have a full squad of players and if you had no games to play you'd have grounds for making them redundant.  This theory that Falkirk would be hard done by, by being asked to wait for the league they're in to start is baffling.

We've got a fair number though.  I just think it's crazy to stick players on the scrap heap with no chance in hell of getting a job anytime soon because a club that's able to play isn't being given the chance  to. Hey ho though it's only folks livelihoods we're talking about here and nothing too serious.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

What aren't you getting? 

We could probably sell 2000 plus season tickets with Falkirk TV added until we are allowed back into the stadium. We currently have a squad of players that need paid, how do we pay them if we don't sell those season tickets? 

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've got a fair number though.  I just think it's crazy to stick players on the scrap heap with no chance in hell of getting a job anytime soon because a club that's able to play isn't being given the chance  to. Hey ho though it's only folks livelihoods we're talking about here and nothing too serious.

Oh f**k off with that pish, nowhere have I said this isn't serious nor have I said people's jobs shouldn't be considered. But unless you haven't noticed, hundreds of thousands of people have lost their jobs in recent months with no hope of getting another job - it is the horrible consequence of what has happened. It also isn't the argument Falkirk fans put forward initially - you said you couldn't possibly go without games as you need to pay a squad, when it's pointed out that you could make those players redundant your argument changed to "it's a bit shite putting people out of a job".

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

What aren't you getting? 

We could probably sell 2000 plus season tickets with Falkirk TV added until we are allowed back into the stadium. We currently have a squad of players that need paid, how do we pay them if we don't sell those season tickets? 

I'm getting everything perfectly well, it's you boys who are twisting yourself in knots.

If you don't have any games you don't need players, hence they get made redundant (and going by government rules on redundancy, they'll be due close to f**k all in payouts). Can Falkirk survive as a club until January with no players to pay? Well if you've got 2000 fans sitting waiting to fork out the price of an online season ticket I'd say yes. So this stuff about you going to the wall if you don't play league games is disingenuous bullshit.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Oh f**k off with that pish, nowhere have I said this isn't serious nor have I said people's jobs shouldn't be considered. But unless you haven't noticed, hundreds of thousands of people have lost their jobs in recent months with no hope of getting another job - it is the horrible consequence of what has happened. It also isn't the argument Falkirk fans put forward initially - you said you couldn't possibly go without games as you need to pay a squad, when it's pointed out that you could make those players redundant your argument changed to "it's a bit shite putting people out of a job".

Yes so let's make more people redundant needlessly . Fantastic idea.

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Indeed ! it's people  in the end of the day and off course as a responsible employer FFC should do what they can for them. The club has to be commended for the way it has carried itself on this matter.

The football governing bodies have written off any club below the top two leagues. If no fixture list by the end of June then like any other business FFC will have to make employees redundant. That is not the clubs fault and they should feel no guilt. The blame is with the Blazers in the ruling bodies that have betrayed their members.

21 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

What aren't you getting? 

Probable ! is not a sound principle for a business to decide a budget. You are going to guess how many season ticket holders will buy a TV season ticket. FFS we don't even have a fixture list so how can you sell a season ticket ? you can't. 

FFC should sound out the Season ticket holders and find out how many would buy the product and take it from there.

That's fair surely !

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes so let's make more people redundant needlessly . Fantastic idea.

No, if your business is about to be liquidated because you can't afford to pay players that aren't needed, they are not needlessly out of a job, their job literally doesn't exist for the duration of their contract.  If you want to pay folk to do nothing then do it, you can't just expect the league to accommodate you in the top 2 divisions.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If no fixture list by the end of June then like any other business FFC will have to make employees redundant. That is not the clubs fault and they should feel no guilt. 

We got there in the end lads!

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I have been wondering how much we are currently losing each month , and when the furlough scheme ends in October what the hit is then if the situation is the same.

If we have about 300K in the bank (?) , fag packet maths would point to us running out of cash by the end of the year if no incoming funds - maybe sooner if deferred costs are called in.    

The good thing is fans will dig deep again and there are some wealthy Falkirk fans on and off the board/MSG so cannot see us going under or even suspending trading.

And I still believe we an get some fans in stadiums before the end of the year. 

That's why if no certainty by the end of June like it or not the employees have to be made redundant.

Guest Ecosse83
26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm getting everything perfectly well, it's you boys who are twisting yourself in knots.

If you don't have any games you don't need players, hence they get made redundant (and going by government rules on redundancy, they'll be due close to f**k all in payouts). Can Falkirk survive as a club until January with no players to pay? Well if you've got 2000 fans sitting waiting to fork out the price of an online season ticket I'd say yes. So this stuff about you going to the wall if you don't play league games is disingenuous bullshit.

Oh so we should just put all the players we have on our books on the scrapheap? Got ya!

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

Oh so we should just put all the players we have on our books on the scrapheap? Got ya!

No, you're making them redundant from their current contract because you have no football matches to play and no income to pay them. If you want to keep them in a job that's fine, keep paying them, just don't expect the league to bend over backwards by forcing you into a league you haven't merited.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No, if your business is about to be liquidated because you can't afford to pay players that aren't needed, they are not needlessly out of a job, their job literally doesn't exist for the duration of their contract.  If you want to pay folk to do nothing then do it, you can't just expect the league to accommodate you in the top 2 divisions.

We got there in the end lads!

Next season should be all about keeping teams solvent and keeping players in a job. Those should be the priorities that outweigh anything else. It will be a one off just like ending last season in march was a one off.  What happens after that is up to the clubs and spfl to decide but we should be concentrating on the issues that face us just now.

No, you're making them redundant from their current contract because you have no football matches to play and no income to pay them. If you want to keep them in a job that's fine, keep paying them, just don't expect the league to bend over backwards by forcing you into a league you haven't merited.

Did partick merit being in this league being 2 points behind with a game in hand and another 8 games to go?

Guest Ecosse83

Bend over backwards? All I want is for us to have a league to play in sometime soon. 

Think you need to get off your hihh horse mate!

On 20/05/2020 at 12:35, Proudtobeabairn said:

I actually liked how Eddie May was trying to set the team up.  Having Lima back in midfield was positive and with Flynn, Marceta, Moutinho and MacDonald there was potential for us to be very creative. Unfortunately it never really clicked and some of the players (Macdonald, Marceta, Finnigan, Twaddle) just didn't live up to expectations. 

He was a terrible manager who should have been punted after about six games of that season when it was plainly obvious that he didn't have it. Instead we lumbered on and bizarrely allowed him to blame poor performances on him not praying hard enough until most of the damage had been done.

EDIT: Just noticed this was weeks ago, but I stand by it :lol:

Edited by Gaz