The Falkirk FC Thread

I see Brian Graham's name getting banded about on other sites. What do people reckon to him?

There was a rumour going about last week, that we're in talks with United, for a return of Graham on loan to us... As Graham, Himself specifically asked for the Loan move to us but not sure if this rumour was true or not, but any team in this league would be extremely lucky to have him as part of their squad

Brian Graham > Rory Loy

Brian Graham appears to be the front runner to sign assuming United get another forward in.

He'll score 20+ goals in the championship and alongside Loy would be a good piece of work by Houstie.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Loan move for Graham seems pointless from both his point of view as he's on his last year at Dundee United. Even doing well might make it hard for him to get another offer from United. Surely better to stick it out and try and get a run of games at United.

Would take Graham tbh.

Loy

Graham

Sheppard

Botti.

Not bad we have some pace upfront for a change. Shame Lewis Small injured himself as a loan deal to a league 2 team would do him the world of good.

Graham scored all his goals in a Raith side who played percentage football to suit his game. I pretty much doubt Houston will change our game to suit his ilk. Don't rate the guy and he will hardly get the plums pumping if he does sign

Graham scored all his goals in a Raith side who played percentage football to suit his game. I pretty much doubt Houston will change our game to suit his ilk. Don't rate the guy and he will hardly get the plums pumping if he does sign

I'm gonnae say that Farid and Taylor didn't excite you when they signed?

See when a striker rattles them in for fun, I couldn't care less.

I'm gonnae say that Farid and Taylor didn't excite you when they signed?

See when a striker rattles them in for fun, I couldn't care less.

Never knew much about Farid and Taylor, so there was a bit of unknown when the signed, where as I've seen Graham for the last few seasona. Farid & Lyle were both the focal point in our team under Pressley and it worked a treat. Could you really see us building our team around Brian Graham? Of course I couldn't really care who scored the goals for us but I think we could do miles better than him

How is Houston going to have us play? The Montrose game is the first time I'll get a chance to see. Are you expecting much the same as before?

Never knew much about Farid and Taylor, so there was a bit of unknown when the signed, where as I've seen Graham for the last few seasona. Farid & Lyle were both the focal point in our team under Pressley and it worked a treat. Could you really see us building our team around Brian Graham? Of course I couldn't really care who scored the goals for us but I think we could do miles better than him

Aye, like who though?

I personally haven't been particularly impressed by Graham any time I've seen him, even when he scored a hat trick against us but he did score a shed load of goals at this level and I don't think Houstie would sign somebody if he didn't intend to play to the player's strengths.

If he wants to sign him, and it's a big if, he must think that he and Loy can play together.

I hope we never build a team round a loan player.

If Graham signs and scores goals then I'm happy, you're happy and we're all happy bud.

Like Mark Millar,he is last year of his contract....I've been happy if we built around Millar knowing he is free soon..

Its just another option tho, we will play to our strengths.... Like we did with farid and Taylor...

Never fully impressed with him,but knows where the goals are...

How is Houston going to have us play? The Montrose game is the first time I'll get a chance to see. Are you expecting much the same as before?

From what I've gathered, we're going to start with a 4-2-3-1 but as the game progresses, switch to 4-4-2. Against the Shire, Shepherd started on the right, but went up front with Loy after a while, with McGrandles (who had been playing in the '10') going out onto the right. Getting a new striker in will allow us to switch between these 2 more easily I reckon, as it gives us the option of starting Loy behind the new guy, and moving him up top when we're going for it.

I see we've scrapped the old system of us selling the Rangers tix for them. Taking a chance we will see the cash off these chancers.

Did we not start selling them ourselves way back because they were charging some sort of "handling" fee for them selling them?, can't really remember how that came about....

Hope we manage to land an experienced striker in the next week. We have done ok in the last two cup games - even without Loy today- but the big games start now. Any rumours on potential targets. Houstie covered Europe for Celtic so surely he can unearth someone ,,?

From the Montrose preview on the OS:

On the subject on signings, Houston was honest. Its no secret I have targets, but the indications are that I might be up to a couple of weeks away from concluding any deals. Having said that, you just dont know in football. Things can change overnight.